Christian Laettner is excited to watch Anthony Davis

Laettner weighs in on Anthony Davis’ role as the 12th man on Team USA and says he’s really looking forward to seeing him play in London. The former Dukie says he thinks Coach K will give Davis minutes to give him a chance to play and perform.

Ugghh… I think I’m starting to like this guy.

Article written by Drew Franklin

34 Comments for Christian Laettner is excited to watch Anthony Davis

1. Musehobo
    10:59 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

While “The Shot” will always make me sick to my stomach, he has made it pretty hard to hate him lately…loved that commercial he did with Pitino a couple years back.

2. GoCats2
    11:03 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

I still hate Laettner.

3. WildcatFan
    11:07 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

Me, too.

4. cracka
    11:09 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

if you missed the harrison twins last night, espnu is replaying that game at 430, aaron was on fire and i thought it was fun to watch … then at 7 tonight they’re showing another game and julius randle will be playing

… and F a bunch of laettner

5. GoCats2
    11:12 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

After listening to that it sounded like the scripted speeches you would hear in your Comm 101 class freshman year. I hate Laettner even more.

6. TShlew
    11:14 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

I was too young for “The Shot” to have much of an impact on me, so I personally think Laettner’s an alright dude. He really seems to be trying to make amends with BBN, and he doesn’t really have to at all. Sorry older folk who will forever hate him; this younger generation BBN member is cool with Christian Laettner.

7. GoCats2
    11:17 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

#6 wrong on so many levels.

8. Will S
    11:18 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

Glad to hear kind words of AD from Laettner. He has a good sense of humor, and routinely gets blasted at local bars in Durham with Duke and UNC fans alike. He’s a pretty normal guy, I think his failed real estate plans have sorta humbled him over the years. He gives back alot to the Duke community. BBN: Let’s co-exists on our mutual hatred for UNC, deal?

9. asdf
    11:25 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

Laettner was a good sport in playing the villain for charity during the “Legends vs. Villains” game last summer, even though the Villains ended up winning a close one.

10. ScrewThat
    11:28 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

I dislike him more for the stomp than I do for the shot. The shot was good ball playing, the stomp was low down and dirty. I did read where he said he felt bad about the stomp, so sure, I can forgive. But like him? Uh nah, there’s no need to go that far.

11. Hoss_Cat
    11:36 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

I like him now, but have disliked him up until now. Can’t blame the guy for playing with passion for his team. I’d have no problem with Cousins stomping on one of the cardinal’s chest during a game so I can see why he did it. It’s not like he was gonna physically injure one of our players by doing it. It was just kind of a way for him to demoralize his enemy.

12. Duke Sucks
    11:39 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

laettner Sucks. End of discussion.

13. Duke Sucks
    11:42 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

#8 You my friend are a troll. Most UK fans have respect for UNC program but we hate Duke. Don’t ever think UK fans will ever respect Duke.

14. TimeFor9
    11:52 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

I’d have a problem with Cousins stomping on anyone’s chest, even a filthy Card player. Or any UK player doing the same. And you can’t compare it to the elbow, they were not similar. The elbow was thrown while Cousins was on the ground with dude throwing his limbs around too. The stomp was just a disgusting show up non-sportsmanship and even Laettner admitted that. Forgivable, not forgettable.

15. TimeFor9
    11:53 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

not saying that you were comparing it to the elbow, 11, but I’m sure if you didn’t some troll would.

16. TimeFor9
    11:56 am July 26, 2012 Permalink

Non-sportsmanship should have been poor sportsmanship. And up should’ve been of. I should prob proofread my posts.

17. LansingCat
    12:08 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

#6, you need to listen to #7. And I agree with #10–the stomp was the B.S. part of that game, not the shot. I can respect the shot. I can not respect the stomp, nor the ref who saw the stomp and didn’t do shit about it.

18. BBN
    12:14 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

If Laettner becomes a college basketball coach, I can see him becoming the head coach of either Duke or Kentucky someday. Seriously, as unthinkable at it sounds for Laettner to become the Kentucky coach, it wouldn’t suprise me to see if happen someday. He’s an intelligent guy that really understands the game and could handle to recruiting and PR side of the job very well. BTW, I HATE DUKE!!

19. Flippy23
    12:20 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

I agree……even though he broke my heart in 1992, I am warming up to him…….starting to actually like the guy.

20. Duke Sucks
    12:25 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

#18 You have a better chance at getting ice water in hell then Lattner coaching UK. ( I don’t mean you are going to hell just using that old saying) You can tell by the comments who is under about 25. T!hose older like me HATE every thing Duke is. Those younger think UL is our most heated rival.

21. Dumb
    12:49 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

You my friend are ignorant and retarded. If you can’t get over something that happened 20 years ago, then you just need to go ahead and slide a fresh tampon into your bloody vajayjay

22. Laker Cat 18
    12:50 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

Judging by his statistics in the exhibitions, AD is more of the 5th or 6th man. And the kid’s only playing a portion of the PT distribution.

23. ThankfulCat
    12:51 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

#18

If Laettner becomes a coach, do you think he will have someone guard the in bounds pass????????????

24. PotMeetKettle
    1:00 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

21 the irony is always hilarious when someone insulting another person sounds exactly like the insult they are throwing out. Ignorant and retarded? To use the word retarded as in insult is ignorant.

25. Dumb
    1:29 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

24. Oh I’m sorry… You must have a retarded family member.

26. Duke Sucks
    1:59 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

#21 You my friend can go to hell. Most UK fans fill the same way I do. I haven’t got over what happened 20 years ago and won’t be over it 20 years from now. You probably weren’t even born yet in 92 so you just don’t get how big a deal that team and that game was.

27. Dumb
    2:41 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

I think you mean “feel”… Not “fill”. Actually I was 3 and probably spelt better at that age than you do now. And I can promise you that most UK fans don’t feel the same way… Only the ones with rednecks… Much like yourself.

28. Dumb
    2:50 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

26^^^

29. PotMeetKettle
    3:20 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

25 Actually I don’t even personally know anyone who is mentally retarded. I’m just a decent human being, obviously unlike yourself. You spelt better than someone at age 3? Clearly your neck is red because if it weren’t you would have went with “spelled” there. Oh the irony again. You probably don’t even know what irony is though.

30. Dumb
    3:38 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

29. Hey good job! Glat you caut that. The intentional misspelling is the point and was a joke. I’ll let it slide though… Retard. Btw where are you from?

31. Dumb
    3:40 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

Btw… I believe irony is an old wooden ship used in civil war times. I may be wrong though.

32. Will S
    3:41 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

13) I’m a troll for making a reasonable comment on a message board? Trolling would be hiding behind fake names, making ignorant or stupid comments, insulting BBN at every chance I get. I’ve made no secret of the fact that I’m a Duke fan. But I do not hate UK or BBN. You, sir, are the only person that seems like a troll. Everyone else on this message board is speaking intelligently and carrying on a solid conversation. You are bashing me and your fellow BBN’ers just because they have the audacity to say they don’t hate Laettner.

It was 20 years ago.

You mad? You sound mad, bro. Let it go.

33. Dumb
    4:11 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

32. Amen to that

34. The Big Toe
    5:02 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

Quit being butthurt about Laettner already. A lot of you all were probably too young to remember the game anyways. I was 12, and hated that sumbitch with every fiber of my being, especially since I watched the game with my aunt who graduated from Duke. His appearance at the Heroes V. Villians, and all his interviews before and after really showed he is a class act.