Chris Walker Can’t Wait to Play Kentucky

Future Florida Gator, Chris Walker, is ready to play against Kentucky. If you’ll remember, he made no secret of the fact that he coveted a scholarship offer from John Calipari. The offer never came, and in an early morning YouTube announcement– Walker decided to join Billy Donovan and his widow’s peak. Walker has also already promised a national championship. He calls himself fearless. I can think of a couple other synonyms for the kinds of things he’s saying…

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

32 Comments for Chris Walker Can’t Wait to Play Kentucky

1. prpcat
    11:01 am August 5, 2012 Permalink

Keep dreaming…….

2. Kaboom
    11:02 am August 5, 2012 Permalink

Finally we have our Matt Walsh and Noah back!

3. bigabes4uk
    11:02 am August 5, 2012 Permalink

Still don’t get what was up with this kid. Really wanted to see him at UK. He is a player and he is going to go off on us when we play I have no doubt. Think Chris Lofton – reloaded part 2

4. fish on
    11:06 am August 5, 2012 Permalink

wow seems like he wants to go to UK so bad
    he does sound like an exciting player… 6-10 now. can jump out of the gym
    hes gonna dunk relly hard against us

5. Ken
    11:19 am August 5, 2012 Permalink

What’s up with this dude and sunday mornings?

6. Jezz
    11:34 am August 5, 2012 Permalink

I understand the agenda because he plays for a rival.

But to be honest, I like him. He really liked Kentucky but now they’re the team to beat for him. At least he’s not shying away from the challenge. Bring it on boy.

7. tyrus
    11:37 am August 5, 2012 Permalink

Stand in line punk! We’re used to your type. You ain’t nothing but a gnat in college basketball.

8. chase
    11:37 am August 5, 2012 Permalink

Good to know his goal in life is to play against UK. Keep them goals high young man!
    Somehow i think the UK players have a much larger game in mind, around the first week of April.

9. nassau65
    11:42 am August 5, 2012 Permalink

waiting for gogaytors to come in and begin the smack talk when his mom is done with the computer.

10. Dear UL and IU fans, We are national champions; you are not. The end.
    11:47 am August 5, 2012 Permalink

I’d be upset too if I lost millions in lifetime earnings because Coach Cal didn’t like my attitude.

11. kybigblue
    11:52 am August 5, 2012 Permalink

Patience is not one of his strengths. Don’t know if he would have gotten an offer but Cal is sometimes slow to make an offer to a player he is recruiting. He could even have waited until the spring signing period and the offer from UF would still have been there.

12. kaboom
    11:58 am August 5, 2012 Permalink

Kid clearly never belonged here, and hes making that evident. Let him talk now cause more often than not those that are running their mouth before the game are silently refusing interviews after.

13. chane behannon
    12:03 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

i like this dude.

14. WHATTTTTT!
    12:28 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

What is he supposed to say?Oh my god I dont want to play UK I am so scared.I like that he is confident

15. hmmmm
    12:28 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

Since the kid hasn’t actually signed (just committed) with Fla, Cal should offer him a scholarship.

Then watch the kid dump Fla like a bad habit. Of course, after the kid goes to Twitter to rip Fla and their fans – Cal could dump him.

Cal should go to Twitter himself and simply say, “now you know why I’m so picky about who I allow to play for me / UK.”

16. kaboom
    12:30 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

15. HAHAHA lets hope! Thats Perfect

17. Gator H8ter
    12:30 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

Be careful what you wish for youngster. You may regret those words.

18. John
    12:36 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

This attitude is exactly why Cal didn’t offer.

19. Katdaddy
    12:50 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

Another quincey miller always bumping them gums! Exactly why cal didn’t offer!

20. Billy D
    12:51 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

Damn, now I know why Cal didn’t recruit this kid. Funny how he talks more about UK than us (uf). I’d bet he knows the players names on UK and only 1 or 2 of ours. Chris is just like a chic that talks on and on, AND ON, about her ex boyfriend in front of her current boyfriend. “Gawd, he (UK) was sooo strong and muscular, and funny, and popular, and rich, and nice, and, and did I mention BIG.”

21. Hi Chris
    1:04 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

Hi Chris! You guys know this kid is a nut job, right? Well, i’m sure he knows ksr will say something about his post – so, he’s probably reading our comments right now. So… Hi Chris. You are a joke, Chris. I bet the Florida fans are happy to have you (that was sarcastic, which means ‘not really happy’ to have you).

I will bet you Chris that Cal will let you score at will against us, and we will shut everyone else down. Then when you head to Twitter to pound your chest about scoring so much – everyone will question your intelligence considering you team will have lost.

22. Rocky
    2:57 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

——————

***What the heck does “supposed” have to do with this. There wasn’t a reason for him to say anything. School hasn’t even started yet; MM is over two months away; and, it is nearly six months before UF plays UK.

23. Shawn
    3:18 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

This kid IS a selfish clown and Coach Cal knew he would be nothing but a distraction. Cal told him to get his offer he needs to grow up…..what did he do?….he got even more immature. How immature Is he?……..hes worried about the fans when he should be worried about Andrew Wiggins dunking all In his face.

24. bluesman
    4:32 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

As Cal said U.K not for everbody and I guess Walker’s not for everybody, U.K. will be just fine go cats!!!

25. gog8ors
    5:07 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

Loving this kid already! Donovan building another championship team with Hill and Walker. Just added Schuyler Rimmer today, an up and coming 6’9″ recruit from Orlando, Florida. He will join Walker and Hill in 2014. One more kid to add to the 2014 class and we are done for that recruiting year. Go Gators! All of these kids are from within the state of Florida by the way and want to represent their in-state university. Kentucky rarely gets kids from their own state.

26. Hal
    5:17 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

#butthurt

27. Beavis
    7:21 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

Gag8ors,,,,,say what you want,,,,we are the defending champions. Glad you like our rejects.

28. Donnie
    8:23 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

I’m so glad he is a gator.

29. nassau65
    8:51 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

25. Gogaytors …..ah, there you are. see post #9. Mom got done, huh?
    go back to the swamp, prick.

30. nassau65
    9:12 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

28. we all are

31. Rae
    11:36 pm August 5, 2012 Permalink

25. If Walker is as good as you (and he) think he is, what makes you think he’ll still be around in 2014? He doesn’t seem the type to pass on the NBA to stay in school an extra year.

And getting all your recruits the quickest doesn’t mean you are getting the best. One, it takes more than two guys to have a championship TEAM. Two, all of our targets are still on the table. Even John Wall waited until the last minute practically. Nerlens Noel took his sweet time too. You can brag about already being done, but remember that ‘haste makes waste.’

32. Dave in Bangkok
    2:55 am August 6, 2012 Permalink

This kid talks a little smack. Harmless for the most part.

Grown men talk smack about him for doing so.

But the kid is the one who is immature and lacks class? HUH?