Chris Low predicts Cats get Timmons, Hearns

Reuben Foster’s Auburn tattoo: A badge of dishonor or the ultimate sign of Alabama loyalty?

Everyone’s got National Signing Day fever! ESPN’s Chris Low predicts the Cats will land both Ryan Timmons and James Hearns. Here are all of their predictions, including for Reuben Foster, who famously got an Auburn tattoo and then flipped back to Alabama last night:

Defensive end Robert Nkemdiche (No. 1 in ESPN 300) — Ole Miss
Defensive tackle Jay-nard Bostwick (No. 286 in in ESPN 300) — Florida
Defensive end Davin Bellamy (No. 299 in ESPN 300) — Georgia

#ComeBeAHero

39 Comments for Chris Low predicts Cats get Timmons, Hearns

1. JV
    10:41 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

Does Hearns have any shot of qualifying?

2. KT
    10:44 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

James Hearns is a beast but I thought he wasn’t going to be academically eligible. Can anyone confirm that? RT would be a good get and I wouldn’t be shocked if we pull a couple other 4* surprises this week (I’m hoping for Hatcher and Kirkland personally).

3. Stickman
    10:44 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

Foster actually committed to Bama live on TV last night, not this morning, on Fox Sports South.

4. SEC
    10:47 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

Is it me, or is every single one of these recruits projected to go to an SEC school?… The strong keep getting stronger! Great to finally see Kentucky next to a couple of these recruits. Keep up the good work, Stoops! Go Cats!!

5. Brian Boone
    10:49 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

Damn. That’s impressive what Ole Miss is doing.

6. KT
    10:50 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

@SEC – Chris Low covers SEC recruiting for ESPN so the other top guys aren’t going to be listed. He also hasn’t listed guys that were already committed to a school (including SEC schools). That said, YES, the SEC dominated the top talent once again, probably 60-70% of top guys are going to SEC schools.

7. UKIT
    10:51 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

Any chance Hatcher is UK bound and has been working on Quick to join him in Lexington? There does seem to be a bit more buzz at UK even with uofl coming off a Sugar Bowl.

I will be very happy with Timmons and Hatcher, Quick would just be crazy twist.

8. James
    10:58 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

I doubt Quick comes even if Hatcher commits. Quick was pretty excited about UofL and had some negative things to say about UK.

Hatcher was also negative towards UK when he initially gave his verbal to USC but changed his tune when Stoops was hired. Word on the street is that Hatcher really likes Elliot and that is who recruited him.

We shall see but Quick has a 0.1% of flipping to UK. I think Hatcher is 50/50 between USC and UK.

9. The hammer says
    10:59 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

Probably because its only a matter of time before I drop on UL

10. SEC
    10:59 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

5) Thanks. I considered that, so I reread the article and saw nothing suggesting it was an SEC list. I assumed the ones not listed were already committed to a school (SEC or not). I’m not familiar with Chris Low, thus my ignorance. Thanks for clearing that up. Still an exciting time to be a Cats fan, and, as always, glad we’re in the SEC. I’m confident Stoops will make us competetive at the very least.

11. HereWeGo
    11:02 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

Quick will not come here. No way in hell. But with that said I hope that we can pull in hatcher, Timmons and get Hearns to qualify. Hopefully one more big surprise on signing day and I’ll be happy.

12. Bama
    11:15 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

It’s stupid what Bama is doing. It’s really not fair!

13. mudcreekmark
    11:23 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

I smell something rotten at Ole Miss. No way they are all at once getting these top kids without paying them.That would almost be the same as UK getting the number one overall player and then a bunch of other 5 stars. No way.

14. Blue Ocean
    11:23 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, let’s wait on pins and needles for the 5th best recruit in the state!!! WE WILL ALWAYS BE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL, LET”S EMBRACE THAT!

15. KidsHavingKids
    11:27 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

I just read an article on USA Today about Foster committing to Bama. The most interesting part, besides him having a huge Auburn tattoo: apparently he has a 3 yr old daughter.

16. catlogic15
    11:29 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

#14. That’s the same thing people have been saying about our basketball classes.

17. Trolldar
    11:29 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

15 get a life. UK football is going to be fun to watch, embrace that!

18. VinDatuk
    11:32 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

17: major difference is that we are a basketball power so it makes a little more sense for top recruits to flock here. When had Ole Miss ever been a true power especially in the last 25 years? Apples to Oranges.

19. VinDatuk
    11:32 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

^^has not had

20. HereWeGo
    11:38 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

Hey #15, you are what is wrong with this fanbase

21. Wonder
    11:44 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

What ever happen to Asiantii Woulard, They were a lot if press about him and it kind of died off?

22. James
    11:57 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

#22- He has an injury and schools have cooled off on him. Clemson was a big prospect for him but they pulled by the regins. Looks like UCLA and USF are his only real options at this point. He was a luxury pick up anyway. We are pretty set at QB for a while.

23. jodyray25
    11:59 am February 5, 2013 Permalink

22. Some talk that he is probably more of a headache to deal with than a heartache to not deal with

24. KT
    12:02 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

@SEC, no problem man. I’m excited too. Stoops has a legitimate shot in the next couple of days to put us on the map nationally, something we’ve only brushed with in the last few years.

25. nope
    12:08 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

#21 nope, he’s just stating the facts. He didn’t say he wouldn’t be watching the games. It’s just ridiculous that you people are acting so crazy over recruits who barely even make the rivals top 250.

26. nope
    12:09 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

Well actually he’s not even on the rivals top 250. We only have 1 listed on there right now.

27. BigBlue
    12:23 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

Man, Ole Miss seems to have improved leaps and bounds recruiting wise…

28. Chicago Chris
    12:35 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, still don’t get why we’re creaming our jeans over potentially being #27 in class rankings. Ole Miss will at our level recently, they have a real reason to celebrate.

29. You all are nuts
    12:35 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

You all are insane if you don’t think Timmons is a big recruit. There is a reason
    that Ohio State and Florida have offered him. Just hope Hearns qualifies academically.

30. Chicago Chris
    12:35 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

will=was

31. Chicago Chris
    12:36 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

I mean, I want us to be good, but it’s going to be a while. Football just takes more time.

32. Uhhh nope
    12:38 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

You can link one website all you want but the fact is Stoops has almost pulled UK into a top 25 recruiting class from…where was it someone said…70 something? So there is absolutely reason to be excited, regardless of your smugness

33. bigabes4uk
    12:39 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

So let me get this straight– Ole Miss is getting the #1, #5 #24 and #52 ranked players in the nation??? Are you kidding me?? What is going on there? I just don’t see how they are recruiting like that.

34. best class in UK history
    12:46 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

hey Chicago Chris, the reason we are excited is because, Kentucky has never had a class rank this high, in our 100 hundred years of existence. And it happened in 2 months. That’s incredible! Ole Miss’ coach has had a couple of years to do what he is doing, which is incredibly impressive as well.

35. Negativity Sucks
    1:11 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

26 and 29 you all are what’s wrong w this fan base. So what if we don’t have the best recruiting class, we still have a better class than we’ve had in a long time…and we have coaches that we can actually look forward to seeing in action. Keep your negativity to yourselves and stop trying to take a p*ss on our party.

36. Stickman
    1:14 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

34.bigabes4uk Says:
    February 5th, 2013 at 12:39 pm
    So let me get this straight— Ole Miss is getting the #1, #5 #24 and #52 ranked players in the nation??? Are you kidding me?? What is going on there? I just don’t see how they are recruiting like that.

You know what they say–“Money talks, BS walks.” Two reasons the top schools like Alabam and Florida get the top recruits: Reputation as powerhouses, and good payouts. Ole Miss has decided they want to try and play with the big boys so they’re paying their recruits (or the recruit’s mom/dad/coach) more money now. College football is big business, and only those with their heads in the clouds think there isn’t money changing hands.

I’m not condemning it and I don’t lose any sleep over it, I’m just calling it like it is. Hell if that’s what it takes, I say grab the money bags Stoops, let’s run with the big dogs.

37. DCS195
    2:58 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

37) I’m sure glad you’re not on the coaching staff.

Most people are confusing recruiting #’s in basketball with those in football. You have a first-string of five in basketball and 22 in football. The top 100 players in BB is equivalent to the top 420 in FB. This doesn’t take into account position ratings of course but a top 250 player really is something in football.

38. Stickman
    6:12 pm February 5, 2013 Permalink

38 I don’t know how old you are, so don’t take this the wrong way but–don’t be naive. It’s all about the cash/cars/jobs for dad. Again, I’m not being cynical or condoning the practice either way, but that’s the way it works in big time football.

And I’m glad I’m not on the coaching staff either, but don’t fool yourself into thinking our coaching staff doesn’t have a bag man. They all do. Especially in the SEC or Big 10. But that’s a moot point. Go read some of the sites that focus primarily on college football and it’s an open secret. To get the best you have to pay for it. So what?