Charlie Strong and Joker Phillips at the Governor’s Cup Luncheon

(via WLKY’s Keith Farmer)

913 hours until kickoff…

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for Charlie Strong and Joker Phillips at the Governor’s Cup Luncheon

1. Alex
    1:15 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

They look like they love being in each other’s company

2. Bob Sugar
    1:19 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

A loss to Kentucky should really expose Charlie Strong as the mediocre coach that he is. The guy has not performed nearly as well as Louisville fans would have you believe, and a loss to what is sure to be a downright miserable team will remove the guilding.

3. CaptionThis
    1:34 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

Charlie Strong: We got this one in the bag. All the line beards and flat bills say we goin’ undefeated. Is this my BCS trophy?

Joker: I know we coached together and all, but I hate this guy. My boys are gonna rip his heart out and eat it in front of him! In fact, I would do it right now if you would stop taking my picture. Seriously, get that camera off of me with this guy in red, its making me sick just standing here with him.

4. Lisa from the Burg
    1:36 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

Watching ESPN 55 and just heard Northwestern Football Coach talk about how good his team’s grades were.

5. Dear IU and UL, We are National Champs; you are not. The end.
    1:36 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

Louisville red is so ugly.

6. Bluey
    1:49 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

Was Fred Cowgill there sucking of Chawley in the restroom? I hope they interviewed Mushmouth, because I LOL everytime I hear him butcher his lines in those Rally’s commercials. He sounds like he has a mouth full of marbles.

7. Azubuike's Bicep
    1:51 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

When did Rick & Nick Bruiser from Super Punchout become black,….and football coaches?

8. uktailg8er
    1:53 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

University of Kentucky student arrested for emailing a picture of Joker

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/07/26/2271633/university-of-kentucky-student.html#storylink=cpy

9. Chad
    1:56 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

Sweep the knee!!!

10. Fashion Police
    1:57 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

Joker gets award for better dressed between the two of them. Wth is going on w Charlie’s shorts? and rest easy, I’m a girl so I can look at clothes. Save the homo comments.

11. Bubba Earl
    2:03 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

The expression on Joker’s face matches the enthusiasm when he talks.

12. Mass Confusion
    2:05 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

10. You should get back in the kitchen if that’s all you’re bringing to the the convo.

13. sgt.stedenko
    2:24 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

#6. LOL. Exactly. I need a translator everytime I hear that dumbass speak. He thinks he is going to be a big time D-1 coach one day and he is using UL as a stepping stone job so to speak. Sorry Charlie, need to learn how to speak in public first….or read maybe.

14. Beavis
    2:32 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

That does not look to friendly does it ? They both look like they just had root canals.

15. the anti cat
    2:59 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

Your complimentary trophy picture you can print out and paste on your cooler so you will remember what it looks like. Go cahds!

16. Cokely
    3:00 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

Joker: my backside hurts from finally sitting down on that hot seat you guys were talking about.

Strong: this is the face I’m gonna make for that makers mark bottle.

17. Chicago Chris
    3:10 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

I guess today’s coach always wears pleated loose-fitting shorts to statewide functions.

18. Ponderosa
    4:27 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

Charlie sportin’ his auntie’s shorts? GD those are terrible……

19. jill
    8:26 pm July 26, 2012 Permalink

#2..that is why UL is top 25 in polls and UK 87th…and that is why UK tickets sales down 27% and UL is up.

20. putinrichie
    6:10 am July 27, 2012 Permalink

19 – Pretty sure nothing is ever won in the preseason….if we trade schedules than UL is 50th in the preseason and UK is 55th…..a lot that goes into pre-season rankings is projected record…..no reason for Cards fans to pump their chests out for playing trash each week.