“Charles Manson” Commentator Assigned to UK-UL Football Game

The announcer teams for the UK-UL football game have been released and the Cats will end up with the team of Carter Blackburn and “Big Game” Rod Gilmore calling the action. The latter is always a good sign, as any game with Gilmore tends to be a wild affair with lots of close action. But also interesting to me is the decision to have ESPN personality Jemele Hill as the game’s sideline reporter. You may remember that Hill was the person that went on ESPN when John Calipari was hired and said that Kentucky fans would cheer “Charles Manson as the coach” so long as he was winning games.

The statement came at the height of the furor about media treatment of Calipari and UK (which later led to Pat Forde being pulled off writing about UK) and Jemele Hill ended up apologizing to UK and the SEC for her comments. Since that time, she has been a commentator on ESPN, appearing on various television shows, including “First Take” and “Around the Horn.” I am not sure that I have heard any comments from her about Kentucky since that issue and it is interesting that now she will be assigned to the big rivalry game in Louisville.

Article written by Matt Jones

29 Comments for “Charles Manson” Commentator Assigned to UK-UL Football Game

1. MHFaulkner
    3:52 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

Lovely. Another squawking axe wound ruining my viewing experience.

2. duh
    4:02 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

She sort of looks like Charles Manson…but he may look a little better than she does. What an UGLY witch.

3. CatGrad7072
    4:02 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

Sideline chicks were why the mute button as invented.

4. duh
    4:03 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

She is so ugly, she would have to give it away because she couldn’t sell it.

5. duh
    4:04 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

She is so ugly, she needs prescription makeup.

6. BigTasty
    4:04 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

She sucks. Seriously…ESPN screwed up by letting Erin Andrews go…Not that she would have done the UK/UofL game, but whenever this chick is on Around the Horn or any show where she gets to voice her opinion, I change the channel. She’s a flipping idiot who’s voice makes me cringe. She speaks like she has no education whatsoever and I can only hope this is her first and LAST game she does for UK.

7. Mike
    4:06 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

My friend Brandon works for US Bank. He says that Jemele Hill is constantly 60 days deliquient on her mortgage.

8. BigBlueBallz
    4:13 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

She’s not the best but I still would.
    Hey #7 your friend Brandon probably no longer has a job at US Bank. Confidentiality man! hahaha

9. Manbearpig
    4:16 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

I read this post, then I wept….she is an idiot

10. Stan
    5:04 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

I wanted to like her on Around the Horn but just couldn’t. She was too far from Woody Paige’s spittle spew to catch any of his “wisdom” via satellite spittle exchange. I’d never seen a picture of her with long hair (which looks better than the short-cut she now sports).

11. Go on n hate
    5:20 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

Y’all can go head n hate on her. I know for a fact I’d hit like I can’t miss. Haha

12. BSmith
    5:20 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

That was a very stupid comment by a very stupid reporter. She only served to encourage some stupid fans to direct some stupid comments back at her. She better have thick skin when she’s on the blue sideline.

13. Roofus Howls
    5:41 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

Everybody knows that Charles Manson can’t recruit 5 stars. Sure, he’d be intense and would probably be able to get a team to do whatever he said, but he doesn’t have the necessary ties on the AAU circuit. I’d say that he wouldn’t win enough games for me to cheer him on.

14. thenamerobdigity
    5:46 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

She is not a good at what she does.

15. blitzedanddazed
    5:55 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

Hill is a disgrace. ESPN should have fired her a long time ago.
    But then again ESPN is no better than the scum they employe.
    I look for ESPN to sign Larry Vaught any day.

16. chipanzy
    6:18 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

She’s just like all the other ESPN reporters, she would cover Manson taking a crap as long as she’s on TV.

17. Bubba Earl
    6:28 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

Cut her off! I would pull a BG and nevergive an interview unless in my contract as coach I received a $75.00 bonus!!!

18. Beavis
    6:37 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

Let us hope the game will be great and we do not have to rely on these ESPN “personalities ” to carry the broadcast. Poor choice,,,,looks like we got the D team.

19. BlueBallin'
    6:45 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

I’ve heard her talk about UK b-ball since then, and she didn’t endear herself with those remarks, either. Mostly talking about how college b-ball sucks and that it’s impossible to compare last year’s champs to previous ones ’cause the game is so watered down. Doesn’t take a surgeon to understand a team with the 2 best players and 6 draft picks is one of the best single-season college hoops teams of recent memory. She was handed the hosting gig on that ‘First Take’ show on a platter, & sucked so bad at it that they scrapped the plans to have her do it full-time within a week. Gotta feeling she’s gonna stink at this new opportunity, too.

20. BlueTexan
    8:29 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

EVERY time she’s on ESPN…I change the channel. She’s got to be an embarrassment to ESPN.

21. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    8:32 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

She’s beyond belief bad

22. shields eyes
    9:00 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

Gastric bypass much?

23. barn
    9:56 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

skanks like her should never have been born with vocal cords

24. rainman
    10:20 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

Tell Tubby that!!

25. Newt
    11:13 pm August 26, 2012 Permalink

23….fist yourself.

26. Newtsucks
    12:27 am August 27, 2012 Permalink

26, I’ve got some rope for you, too.

27. A Real UK Fan
    12:51 am August 27, 2012 Permalink

Some of the things said in this thread are as embarrassing as what she said. Pathetic. Good thing cameras don’t record what you say. If you were any kind of real man, you’d make a youtube video of yourself saying this crap and link to it. But you won’t because cowards like to hide.

28. TAXman
    9:44 am August 27, 2012 Permalink

Jemele Hill is nothing more than a race baiter. She is ESPN’s resident Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton wannabe. I despise what she stands for, because what she stands for sets back African Americans, it does not move them forward. Any time she is on TV, or any article she posts, i avoid like the plague. Journalism at its worst.

29. JOEDADDY
    7:34 am August 28, 2012 Permalink

I cannot stand her. Even when she is on ESPN Radio I turn the channel.