Chad Ford talks about whether or not Nerlens will go to Cleveland

nerlens_medium
I’m not done with this .gif yet.

During his weekly chat, ESPN’s Chad Ford addressed the uncertainties regarding the Cavaliers number one pick and what it will mean for Nerlens Noel. Ford said that the Cavs are looking into trading the first pick, but so are half of the GMs in the league. According to Ford, no one really wants the #1 pick, nor are they willing to give up a valuable asset to get it, therefore the Cavs might be stuck with it, and in turn, Nerlens Noel.

If they do keep the first pick, what will Noel’s future look like in Cleveland? Ford predicts that Noel will have “almost zero impact” in his first year, if he plays at all, and that because of his slight fame, “year two also might be rough.” However, the Cavs have enough big players that they can be patient with the flat top feller, who, right now, Ford calls “a runner and a shot blocker.”

Ford adds that if the Cavs want immediate help, they should take Otto Porter, not Nerlens Noel; however, if they want a chance at the number one pick next year (aka Andrew Wiggins), Nerlens is the smarter choice. If the Cavs do pass on Noel, Ford sees him sliding as far down as Charlotte, in part because Victor Oladipo might not be an ideal fit alongside Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

For the record, Ford still predicts that Nerlens will go to Cleveland in his latest mock draft. What do you think the ideal spot is for Nerlens?

31 Comments for Chad Ford talks about whether or not Nerlens will go to Cleveland

1. Jen
    3:08 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

No, he said he’s runner and shot blocker now, not ultimately.

2. And A Dollar Short
    3:08 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure that this has already been posted. But just in case, help support your local Lexington businesses (especially the ones that make beer. Mmmmm….Beer)

3. SexnNursinHomes
    3:09 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

Hope they change theyre name to the cleveland steamers, i love dumps on my chest.

4. And A Dollar Short
    3:10 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

5. SexnNursinHomes
    3:14 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

3- Not bad for an imposter. You did good kid.

6. Duff Man
    3:17 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

3 – I always admire your uncanny ability to take a post (no matter what the subject) and come up with some disgusting sexual joke. You ever get a job and you won’t last 10 seconds without a sexual harassment suit on your ass. But you don’t have to worry about it, just keep stirring in your mom’s basement posting lame jokes that are even funny.

7. KentuckyHouse
    3:18 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

2 things…

First, I’d give anything for Noel to end up in Charlotte with MKG (and in the same vein, NOT end up in Cleveland with that moronic owner). Second, I love Bill Simmons idea that Sacramento trade Boogie to Washington where he could team up again with John Wall. If those two things happened, Washington and Charlotte would easily be my favorite two teams (something I never thought I’d say 5 years ago!)

8. SexnNursinHomes
    3:18 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

7- Glad to see I have some admirrers

9. SexnNursinHomes
    3:18 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

7- that wasn’t me you putz.

10. Bluebloodtoo
    3:20 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

Disclaimer: I have no ill will towards Andrew Wiggins.

Didn’t everyone assume that Shabazz would be the #1 pick this year? Everyone thought the shabazz was SOOO much better than the high school competition last year that he would definitely be the top pick. We can see how that turned out…

11. SexnNursinHomes
    3:21 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

6 & 10 r fakes. I’m the real deal, speaking of get a job, go get one kids.

12. SexnNursinHomes
    3:25 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

12- Clap clap You’re doing nicely. But don’t use “r”.

13. Beernstuff
    3:26 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

West Sixth beer is crappy. That said, the logos are not all that similar, apart from being round and containing a number.

Red Stripe anyone?

14. BPM
    3:26 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

Dollar Short: I actually read your links and the Complaint that was filed. Are you affiliated with West Sixth Brewery? I know a few good trademark/copyright attorneys if you all need some legal advice.

15. Bubba Ray
    3:28 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

13- Who cares? All posts by SexnNursingHomes suck

16. Joe Bologna
    3:28 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

3 – ROFL, spittake. Well done

17. GoCats2
    3:31 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

SXNH,
    Consider yourself special when you have admirers in the comment section. I dont comment near as much as I used to so I have lost my fan club.
    I am sure my favorite admirer “GoCats2lonelyolewife” is out there harassing someone else.

18. SexnNursinHomes
    3:34 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

18- long time no hear. Hope all is well. Actually it’s someone posting under my name. and apparently doing a good job at it too. He’s rustled some feathers on here…. Which is good because people like bubba ray need urine in their face. Like 5 times a day.

Ya know- not everyone is gonna like ya. For those that don’t. Who cares, right?

19. please leave
    3:42 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

the sexynurse guy is pretty lame, but to each his own i guess. I just ignore him.

20. And A Dollar Short
    3:55 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

15- Nope, not affiliated. In fact, I agree with Beernstuff that I’d much rather have a red stripe that a W6 IPA. But I am a big fan the craft beer movement in Lexington, and I’d hate to see a local brewery bullied into losing money or going out of business over something this petty.

21. Ryne
    3:57 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

Only at Kentucky can you play half a season on a NIT team, AND STILL be the #1 pick in the NBA Draft… Why would anyone go anywhere else?

22. UKnowMe
    4:03 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

21 I am with you I have never liked their beer mainly because everything the brew, even the amber, tastes like a crappy IPA to me. That being said I like what they are doing for Lexington craft beer and they have a cool location.

23. dribble drive high five
    4:06 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

West 6th IPA on tap is delicious, if you have not had it you should. With that said, when I first saw their logo I thought it looked pretty similar to Magic Hat.

24. And A Dollar Short
    4:15 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

23 – I know what you mean. I’m not sure why the new thinking in small breweries seems to be: “How many hops did you say we have? Oh really…THROW ALL OF THEM IN THIS BATCH!!”

And 24 – I agree that they are similar, but there are enough differences that I can believe it was actually unintentional. And I really doubt that there are many instances of people confusing the two.

25. Mayor of Cleveland
    4:21 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

Nerlens Noel’s flat-top just became the fourth tallest building in Cleveland.

26. me
    4:21 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

#11 – re: Shabazz – Noel took the top slot from him on most boards when he reclassified. Also, Shabazz was a terror in HS because of his strength and competitiveness. His draft stock dropped after his bland (Bland to NBA GMs at least. The kid still avg’d 18/5.) season, and after they found out he was 20 years old.

27. bbr
    4:45 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

Why do you continue to post that Andrew Wiggins will be the top pick next year? He hasn’t even played a college game yet and there are a lot of excellent players this year. Thats one of the problems with this site – you guys get a thought or phrase and then you mindlessly repeat it as fact.

28. Walden Schmidt
    5:02 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

Hey SNH, only us oldtimers here on KSR know how to appreciate you. Live long and prosper. I look forward to sharing a dayroom with you at a nursing home some day.

29. mudcreekmark
    5:53 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

This draft is so weak that not one NBA team will make a trade to move up. You can stay where you are and get a player just as bad as the guy chosen in front of you or the guy picked at number one.

30. JVice
    10:24 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

I miss the good old days when you could just hit “esc” to stop an animated gif