Chad Ford lists 7 UK players in his top 30 2014 Draft prospects

2013class-500x501

Next year’s draft will be as loaded as this year’s was weak. ESPN’s Chad Ford released his updated list of the Top 100 2014 Draft Prospects, and not surprisingly, several Cats were near the top:

2. Julius Randle
7. Andrew Harrison
13. Willie Cauley-Stein
20. James Young
21. Alex Poythress
25. Dakari Johnson
30. Aaron Harrison

Ford predicts Andrew Wiggins will go first, and has Austrialian star Dante Exum going fifth. As we’ve told you before, Exum is considering playing in the States during the second semester, and has mentioned Kentucky as a potential destination, a possibility that may become more likely if Kyle Wiltjer decides to transfer.

Go Cats.

9 Comments for Chad Ford lists 7 UK players in his top 30 2014 Draft prospects

1. PhilUK18
    5:02 pm July 8, 2013 Permalink

I’m baffled by the fact that Aaron is ranked so much lower than his brother. I also think Ford is underestimating Marcus Lee, but I guess we’ll see.

2. Rei
    5:09 pm July 8, 2013 Permalink

I really don’t see Johnson, Lee, or Young going pro after 1 year. The twins, WCS, and maybe Poythress will. I think Exum said he’s going to play in 2014 instead too.

3. Mack
    5:10 pm July 8, 2013 Permalink

Where does he have Lee ranked?

4. PhilUK18
    5:14 pm July 8, 2013 Permalink

I think you might be right. We’ve seen back ups go pro after just a year before though (Orton being the primary example, but he was a moron), so I guess we’ll see. I’m sure we’ll have a few returners for 2014-15 though.

5. BlueTruth
    5:20 pm July 8, 2013 Permalink

WHAT?!?! Where is Russ Smith?! He’ll be drafted top 10. *end sarcasm.

6. ARandomUKFan
    5:22 pm July 8, 2013 Permalink

With the UNC/Hairston story, I sent an email to the USA Today writer Prisbell asking if he’d heard about the connection between Fats and the company Psycho T’s mom worked for (I read it in a comment on another article that Fats’ name was on the articles of incorp).

This was his reply:
    “What you sent me is fascinating is warrants further investigation. I will start digging into it this morning. I have received countless emails the last few days and encourage folks to email any information that may help in my reporting various angles.

Please do not hesitate to email if you hear or read anything else that is relevant to this case moving forward.”

Dude’s definitely not gonna let this die now that he’s got his teeth into it.

7. UKVancouver
    6:21 pm July 8, 2013 Permalink

I honestly think James Young is better than Aaron Harrison. It’s just my opinion though. The reasons why is because he has greater length than Aaron, more versatile, has a higher release on his jump shot and is more explosive as well. James’ ability to set up an offense by using a screen to pull up for 3 in the beginning of a half court set is also really nice.

8. ukcatzfan
    7:46 pm July 8, 2013 Permalink

I,m sure coach can find a s holly for EXUM if he wants to ci e to UK

9. mudcreekmark
    9:30 pm July 8, 2013 Permalink

Just going to UK automatically puts the recruits on everyones Mock Draft list.This is getting to be hilarious. Do you think that all of these kids would be ranked this high on a Mock Draft board if they went anywhere else? I swear, any recruit who chooses any other school are just dumb. That is all I can say. If you want to play in the NBA and you don’t come to UK, you are just dumb.