Chad Ford doesn’t include Archie Goodwin in his top 35 players in the draft

archie-mizzou

With less than a month until the NBA Draft, ESPN’s Chad Ford doesn’t think that Archie Goodwin is one of the top 35 prospects available. Ford left Goodwin off his latest Big Board of prospects, which, it is important to point out, is separate from his mock drafts. For his Big Board, Ford ranks each player by potential, not draft selection, which is based more on teams’ needs and wants. This comes after Archie’s rough outing at the NBA Draft Combine last week.

Screen shot 2013-05-28 at 12.14.00 PM

Nerlens Noel remains at the top of the big board, despite what Ford says were mixed results from his medical tests over the weekend which have a handful of teams concerned he may have to miss the whole season. However, Ford still calls Nerlens the frontrunner for the number one pick, and Cleveland is one of the teams that has the luxury of allowing him to sit the whole season, especially if it means they’ll get another top pick for the loaded 2014 Draft.

Make them eat they feet, boys.

26 Comments for Chad Ford doesn’t include Archie Goodwin in his top 35 players in the draft

1. kyeric
    1:48 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

Feet!

2. om
    1:48 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

“This comes after Archie’s rough outing at the NBA Draft Combine last week. ”

AND his rough 33 game outing as a Kentucky Wildcat.

3. sunnycat
    1:55 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

How many 6’5″ guards are there in the NBA with a better overall skill set than Goodwin and never get off the bench? He left UK against Cal’s advice. And he knew next years class was loaded and the playing time would be earned.

4. Shew wee
    1:56 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

TT definitely one of my favorites on the site, but man o man does she take a saying like “eat they feet” and just use it until everyone hates it with a passion.

5. TN Cat
    2:06 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

Looks like the guys on the basketball team aren’t the only people watching Spongebob. Crabby patties for everyone!

6. Disinterested
    2:14 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

At this point, I really don’t care where Archie goes. Every evaluation that is posted is exactly the same. He either will make it in 4-5 years or he will not. Regardless, he will be but a footnote in CAT history–and a very short footnote at that.

7. The Real JD
    2:16 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

MAKE’M EAT THEY FEET MRS. TT!

8. Bluerthanu
    2:21 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

Eat they feet was bad enough when Archie said it, and now I just wanna stab myself in the eye with a fork when it gets tossed around on here.

9. Michael F. Jox
    2:33 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

If Noel does sit out the whole season he needs to spend the entire year eating, and when he gets done with that, eat some more! Milkshakes are a great way to add a ton of calories into your diet, and it brings all the boys to the yard.

10. SeaCat
    2:34 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

What did Cal see in Archie?
    He can’t dribble without looking at the ball.
    He can’t hit from outside.

11. FakeTylerThompson
    2:39 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

I thought it was funny Tyler…

12. BravoBigBlue
    2:41 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

11 – I agree 100%. Archie was a big miss on the part of Cal and the coaching staff. Reminds me of a player better suuited for Memphis than the Univeristy of Kentucky. If thatsouonds arrogant, so be it. We need to recruit the cream of the crop and not those that are marginal student athletes at best.

13. NineWillBeFine
    2:42 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

Archie needs some Crest white strips.

Also, that’s pretty sad to not be in the top 35 in a draft this weak. Best of luck to Archie, but I didn’t mind seeing him leave, and I don’t really think it’ll happen for him at the next level. Might as well book his one way flight to Europe now

14. [email protected]
    2:42 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

After watching the season. I always wonder why coach cal did not bring in my more recruits. I understand now! That is because I would NOT have played with Archie either. I don;t have to list the reason because they are all above. This is hard to say I would not haved played at Kentucky this year because I am the biggest UK fan of all time from listening to games in the milk barn and stripping Tobacco…. I WOULD NOT, SHALL NOT, or Can not play ball with Archie if I am a elite basketball player.

15. Bluebloodtoo
    3:12 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

While I’m on the kick of suggesting new articles, what about a look at NBA success/career longevity by NCAA coach? Maybe look at their first contract renewal after the initial draft contract? Do Calipari’s one year players fare better over the first 3 years of their careers? Maybe there isn’t enough data on this yet for a UK twist, but lots of other coaches have some tenure. It’d be an interesting view, I think.

16. BLUE
    3:54 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

10. Milkshakes are a great way to add a ton of calories to your diet and to add lots of fan to your stomach. You clearly are not an expert on nutrition, so why are you giving out ill advised advice?

17. BLUE
    3:55 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

fat*

18. Grow up people
    4:16 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

Why all the hate for Archie. He’s a 18 year old kid who played like a typical freshman. So what if he might have left too early, is not going to help or hinder any one reading this site. Do some think these kids should ask for their opinion when a kid is choosing a school or if he should go pro. Get over yourselves the kid did what he thought was best for him, not the BBN. All Archie did was play his ass off for UK. The kid gave 100% when some of the others had clearly gave up!!!!

19. Nate Trump
    4:32 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

Wow, I weigh 35 pounds more than Nerlens…that ain’t good for either of us!

20. sunnycat
    4:56 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

19. Nobody hates the kid just pointing out the obvious flaws in his game. If we can heap praise on a players game then it is perfectly fine to be critical of his game.

21. Laker Cat 18
    5:08 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

19. He’s an 18 year old ADULT. I say that because he made a big boy decision to go pro, when it was obvious then and now that he should have stayed an 18 year old kid. It is what it is and I wish him the best of luck. He’ll always be a Wildcat regardless.

22. TT's Fake Boobs and Rat Face
    6:28 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

When Archie goes undrafted and gets a job at Burger King, he can ask people if they “want fries wit dat?” when people eat they feet.

23. Grow up people
    6:57 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

#22 why should he have stayed?? Because you wanted him too!
    You don’t know his situation, maybe the kid is from a poor family and had to go.
    #21 yea, I guess your right he sucked so bad. All the kid did was average about 15 a game as a college freshman with little to no help from his team mates on most nights! The only thing I see he’s done wrong was not calling you and asking if it was ok for him to go pro! Get over your self.
    What gives you and 11 the right to critique anyones game, are you Hubie Brooks? If you know so much why aren’t you a talent evaluator instead of living in your moms basement.

24. Grow up people
    7:17 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

When I think of Archie, I touch myself. I honestly do.

25. 2Blue4u
    11:10 pm May 28, 2013 Permalink

Tell it like it is Ms T! Swoosh!