Chad Ford Drops 2 UK-Related Nuggets

I’m sure if any of you were Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert, you wouldn’t hesitate to make Nerlens Noel the #1 pick in the Draft. Also, you may stop drunk dialing Lebron James at all times of night. Unfortunately for your bank account and maybe Nerlens’, you are not. According to Chad Ford some NBA doctors are worried that Nerlens’ knee won’t be ready in time for him to play at all this coming NBA season. Nerlens has stated multiple times that he’s ahead of schedule in his recovery but the ACL injury coupled with Noel’s drop to 206 lbs. has worried more than one NBA doctor:

“I’ve heard rumblings from several teams that their doctors were pessimistic (after examining Noel in Chicago) that he would return to play at all next season. However, I’ve also spoken with a handful of teams that said they don’t see any issues with his recovery. Noel’s camp contends he’s ahead, not behind, schedule on his rehab. No word yet on the Cavs’ assessment of the injury.”

Despite what seems to be like bad news, the author gives us one nugget of sunshine when stating that Ford believes that if the Cavaliers decided to trade the #1 pick, Demarcus Cousins is a plausible option that could be moved in exchange for the pick. In that case, I would pray that Nerlens doesn’t end up replacing Boogie in Sacramento. Maybe Washington at #3? #WallToNerlens

Article written by Will Totten

Born in Indiana and raised in Louisville, I am the unlikeliest UK fan.

20 Comments for Chad Ford Drops 2 UK-Related Nuggets

1. mudcreekmark
    2:56 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

I don’t think all of us would take Noel as the number one pick. Some of us actually take off our blue tinted glasses and speak and think in reality. If I am Cleveland, I want to win now. I don’t want to wait another year. If they choose Noel they are basically saying,”wait till next year”. I think the fans are tired of waiting on next year to come.

2. DrSayre
    3:06 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

My dream scenario would be Cleveland draft Noel, they have another bad season, then they draft Randle, and sign LeBron.

3. Derp
    3:17 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

1… As if anyone in this draft will make Cleveland significantly better? Noel is the best bet for the long term. No teams that high in the lottery (besides washington) is thinking short term.

4. BigBluSotru
    3:29 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

@1 totally agree with you. So what if this kid isn’t the first pick, he is going to be drafted and make millions anyway. Only butthole that is hurt is some idiot fans. Tha want Uk, to have the number pick being a Cal player. Lol people. If you owned a team would you gamble with your money?

5. mudcreekmark
    3:33 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

I was just reading up a little on Artis Gilmore. Yep I am that bored. I remember how good he was but a lot of the young kids have probably never heard of him. He took Jacksonville State to the championship game in 1971 and of course lost to UCLA. I was looking at the All-American team for that year and it was loaded. Gilmore, Austin Carr, Jim McDaniels and Sidney Wicks was on the first team.But some of the other players in that class was, Dr. Julius Erving,George McGinnis and Paul Westphal. Not a bad class huh?

6. Really?
    3:45 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

5… Yeah, Austin Carr, Jim mcdaniels, and Sydney wicks sounds like a pretty “loaded” class to me…

7. Really?
    3:48 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

5… No one under 50 knows who any of those guys are… Probably because that all American team wasn’t actually loaded

8. mudcreekmark
    4:07 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

6)You have no idea how good these guys were. You need to do a little reading before posting. Or better yet, ask your dad about these guys. Those guys were good enough that Dr. J was a third team All-American.

9. Cats in the NBA
    4:11 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

1.) Who is the player in the draft that will make Cleveland “win now”?

10. mudcreekmark
    4:16 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

9) This is a really weak draft, so I don’t know if there is one. If there is any way they can trade their first couple of picks for a proven commodity, they would be better off.

11. mudcreekmark
    4:18 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

6)Austin Carr was selected as the 22nd best college player of all time. He scored over 2500 points in three years in college. If there would have been a three point line, he would have scored a bunch more.

12. Duke Sucks
    4:56 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

10) you need to look no farther the Spurs draft that got them Tim Duncan to see why Cleveland should draft Noel! Because the admiral got hurt and missed the year after winning NBA MVP it put them in the lottery. This years draft is weak and there isn’t any player that is going to be a corner stone type of player.
    Why wouldn’t they draft Noel let him set a year. I don’t think there is any question Nerlens has the highest up side of any player in this draft, and still have a good chance at a top pick in next years loaded draft. Instead of drafting a career role player who might make a 5 game difference that could knock them out of a top 5 pick next year
    If you where the Cavs would you rather have Nerlens and Wiggins or Randle. As to having Maclamore and anther role player next year?

13. turkeycreektom
    4:58 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

@5,8,11 – I’m glad some folks still remember (or at least research) those days. I watched all those guys play, sometimes live, sometimes on t.v. saw Gilmore’s JU team beat Issel in his senior year then watched Gilmore (BTW, Gilmore attended Gardner-Webb – huh? did you know that BCG?)team up with Dan to win an ABA championship. Austin Carr battled Pete Maravich for a couple of scoring titles, and Jim McDaniels’ WKU team absolutely destroyed Rupp’s squad that featured Tom Payne. Mcginnis may be the most physically dominant high school player I ever watched. I’m stopping now while some of you may still be awake, but #7 when you speak of those guys that played in the early 2000’s and you’re forty years older, don’t be surprised when people say “who was that? was he any good?”

14. Duke Sucks
    5:05 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

#5 if you want to talk about underrated players. Then forget Artis Gilmore who was good, but read about Oscar Robertson. A lot of older NBA players say he was the best ever. I’ve heard several say he was better then Jordan or Wilt! Many say Jordan benefited from TV exposure and weak teams in the NBA in his prime.
    I would have to say Magic is the best I’ve seen. Hell he started at all 5 positions in the finals 1 year. To me all these people trying to make the comparison between Jordan and LeBron are crazy. They are nothing alike, if you want to make a comparison it should be to Magic.

15. M
    7:07 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

#14) I don’t understand the Jordan, Lebron comparisons either. In terms of Magic he was extremely versatile offensively, however Jordan was on the first team all defensive team 9 times. He was a great offensive, and defensive player that would arguably have 2 more rings if he didn’t leave to play baseball. Players like Lebron, and Kobe’s career stats may hold up since they came straight out of high school, and Jordan “retired” in his prime for a bit.
    Lebron is great, but the Eastern conference is a joke, and his move to the Heat to form the loaded team will have some impact on his legacy. Just my opinion.

16. rockatao
    8:05 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

well, for those of us over 40, Oscar Robertson was never underrated. one of the greatest players of all time, at every level – high school, college and the pros. everyone makes such a big deal of a player having a triple-double nowadays. oscar AVERAGED a triple-double for his career.

17. CAUKFAN
    8:11 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

Boogie could use a new gig. Kings will never be winners.

18. mudcreekmark
    8:55 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

13)I watched all those players play also. These young kids have no idea how good these players were back in the day when they all stayed four years. Those teams would destroy todays teams. It would be like a pro team playing a college team. Our fans some times get carried away with idolizing our own players. They think Archie Goodwin is great but want to know who is Austin Carr? Same thing with the Jordan being greatest of all time. If you were born in the 80’s or after you think basketball didn’t exist before you were born. Oscar Robertson, Jerry West,Elgin Baylor,Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell,etc are just assumed not to be in the conversation because these people never saw them play. Jordan was a great player but I just am not ready to give him the trophy as best of all time. You could make an argument for a lot of other players.

19. Chaz
    9:18 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

@16 – I wish I had seen him in college, but I was a bit young, although I did see him in a few NBA games. Oscar Robinson was born in TN, grew up in IN and played college ball in OH. In spite of all that, I loved his game. Back when Cincinnati had an NBA team, for reasons I will never understand, the owners traded him to the Milwaukee Bucks just in time for Lew Alcindor’s second season in the league. My Gawd, I wish the Pelicans (ouch) could fall into a deal like that. The Bucks won the NBA title that year, Mr. Robinson got to end one of his last NBA years in glory and Mr. Alcindor (aka Mr. Abdul-Jabbar))got a taste of things to come. Would much prefer to see Anthony Davis paired with an Oscar instead of an Austin Rivers.

20. M
    9:36 pm June 1, 2013 Permalink

18) there are a lot of people born before the 80s that think Jordan is the best of all time. I do agree that there were a lot of greats before the 80s, however I believe Jordan is the greatest as do many others from many generations.