CBSSports.com: Midseason Awards and Predictions

(Not Goodman, Norlander, Borzello, or Parrish)

College basketball’s most dangerous quartet gathered around an open CBS fire to compare notes, opinions, statistics, and haircuts from the first half of the basketball season. This meeting of the minds resulted in your CBSSports.com’s Midseason Awards and Predictions.

Goodman, Norlander, Borzello, and Parrish predict this season’s National Champion and Final Four, while naming their midseason Player of the Year, All-Americans, Freshman of the Year, plus a couple other accolades.

I won’t spoil the entire piece for you but 3 out of 4 writers predict Kentucky to win it all, and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist gets a lot of love.

Check it out.

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for CBSSports.com: Midseason Awards and Predictions

1. Chris
    10:44 am January 5, 2012 Permalink

2. Me
    11:06 am January 5, 2012 Permalink

Does Vegas have a line yet on if pitino makes it to the end of is contract / 2017? Cause, I’m taking the UNDER on that – big time. Could you imagine not making a final 4 and getting your azz handed to you by Cal for 5 more years? Slick hasn’t ‘honored’ anything in his life, what makes anyone think he will ‘honor’ this contract?

3. Ben Dover
    11:15 am January 5, 2012 Permalink

FIrst TO COMMENT BAYYYYYYBEEEEE

4. GoCats2
    11:20 am January 5, 2012 Permalink

Interesting that Davis is the overall choice for the #1 pick in the draft but he is not mentioned as a player of the year or All American.

5. Mark Wilson
    11:33 am January 5, 2012 Permalink

Great piece…Norlander is a closet cat hater

6. Old man sleeping in lower arena
    11:39 am January 5, 2012 Permalink

Norlander is a joke. I think he absolutely hates the Cats. Oooooooooo D I C K dick dick dick

7. JEREMY
    12:01 pm January 5, 2012 Permalink

What is the deal with all the Kendall Marshall love??? Have I missed something, yeah he is a good college point guard….But he has done nothing to stand out from the rest… If he played for UK, the same people giving him all the love would say he only averages that many assist because of all the talent he has on his team. But they act like he is the mater mind behind UNC’s offense… Just another point guard to me!

8. 7aintenough
    1:23 pm January 5, 2012 Permalink

When I saw the caption to the picture, I laughed harder than I have in a looooooooooong time. hahaha

9. David from San Diego
    12:53 pm January 6, 2012 Permalink

Shocked no one picked Syracuse in the Final Four. Impressive UK went 3/4 on pick to win it all. Hope it comes true.