CBS Sports Announces The Announcers For UK/Tennessee

And it looks like we’ll be getting a little of this guy.  CBS Sports announced that Reggie Miller will be joining Kevin Harlan to call the Kentucky Tennessee game this Sunday, which is actually pretty cool.  I was never big into the NBA when Reggie was enjoying his reign, but I did watch the 30 for 30 on him and that was really interesting, so you know.  One has to wonder if the residual effects of the Tayshaun block will cause a bias from Reggie, or if he will get in trouble for trash talking Harlan during the commercial breaks.

And just for good measure:

Article written by Will Lentz

18 Comments for CBS Sports Announces The Announcers For UK/Tennessee

1. Bluebloodtoo
    6:45 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Hmmm… wonder how long it will take Reggie/Kevin to mention seeing this video? HAHAHAHAHAH!

2. I love Jesus
    6:47 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

I grew up a Knicks fan, (Ewing, JJ Starks, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, etc) and I could not stand Reggie Miller. But he was probably the best pure shooter I’ve ever seen other than Larry Bird.

3. The Real Pioneer
    6:52 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

3) I WOULD ALSO ADD TROY MCKINLEY TO THAT LIST OF THE BEST PURE SHOOTERS THAT I’VE EVER SEEN TO GO ALONG WITH LARRY JOE BIRD. ALTHOUGH IF TROY WERE TO ANNOUNCE THIS GAME WITH REGGIE, YOU WOULD SURELY BE ENTERTAINED!

4. The real Troy McKinley
    7:00 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

4…I have your IP address. I’m coming to kick your ass, then have you arrested.

5. Ciggy
    7:07 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Great GREAT player, very very good at calling nba games. I’m looking forward to it.

He was a sneaky bastard, and you hated him if he played against you. I have to say, I do enjoy him as a talking head, and he showed tons of class when ray allen was chasing his record and the night he caught his record. That has to count for something.

6. SoCalCat
    7:10 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

I must admit, dusting off the synapses and rewiring the recollection of Troy McKinley’s name and face has certainly sharpened my work output today, although I do feel sleepy….

7. Cats Fan/NBA Nerd
    7:20 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Miller commentating is a bad thing. He is pretty unanimously regarded as the worst NBA commentator there is currently because of his lack of insight, analyzation, and charisma. He’s more or less just like a radio broadcaster harping the most obvious things happening on the court. Not to mention, I doubt he knows much at all about UK/Tenn. At least Harlan is good, similar to Marv Albert.

With that said, he was one of my favorite players growing up in the 90’s!

8. PhysicalPhil
    7:29 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Tinsley WILL foul out!

9. 7mm-08
    7:32 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Probably the NBA player I hated more than any other.

10. Big D
    7:34 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

At least it is’nt Godfreid.

11. bigbill992001
    7:35 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm……I guess they give you 4 steps in the NBA, huh?

12. Johnny
    8:55 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

One of the greatest defensive plays in NBA history. I don’t remember exactly but I think if Reggie makes that layup Detroit loses and the Pacers advance to the NBA Finals as opposed to Tayshaun and the Pistons.

13. KentuckyHouse
    9:16 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Oscar Combs via Twitter about an hour ago:

“If Reggie Miller (who’s on CBS-TV Sun) really said UT game is must win for UK, he needs to go back to NBA cause he knows nothing about NCAA.”

BOOM…ROASTED!

14. Darnell Dodsons Grandpa
    10:20 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

Sheeeeeeeeeerrrrryyyyyylll

15. 3angelsmessage
    10:21 pm March 3, 2011 Permalink

4 Man I agree with you that McKinley was an awesome shooter, but don’t get carried away. He scored a total of 190 points in his career, though if there were a 3 pointer back then I am sure you could add about 70 points to that total. If I remember right Hall mainly put him in as a zone buster.

16. cracka
    9:19 am March 4, 2011 Permalink

hits his elbow on the backboard after the block … ridic

17. Catmandoo
    9:44 am March 4, 2011 Permalink

Harlan does not know how to call a game the absolute worst I would rather have Bill Rafferty and Miller. Harlan does not understand what UK is doing and last time he called the game he stated “wow UK got an offensive rebound thats a rarity, not 10 minutes later he stated that UK was the best rebounding team in the SEC.” I would rather the espn guys call the game they know more about the team.