CBS Bloggers say…Wiggins to Florida State

bbnwantswiggins-destin

I have a feeling the boys in the picture above aren’t going to like what CBS Sports’ bloggers (Jeff Borzello, Jeff Goodman, Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander) have to say about UK’s chances of landing Andrew Wiggins. Borzello broke down each school’s pros and cons, and said this about the Cats’ chances at landing the number one player in the country:

Kentucky: It’s Kentucky. The Wildcats have been mentioned with Wiggins for a very long time, and they have obviously made a very strong impression. John Calipari was the last head coach to visit with Wiggins, who canceled his remaining in-home visits a couple of weeks ago. Wiggins played several games in the state of Kentucky, getting a feeling for the type of attention he would get in Lexington. He would have a chance to be part of a national championship team.

That sounds good, right? Not good enough, apparently. All four CBS Sports bloggers predict Wiggins will end up at Florida State. Why? Wiggins’ family ties to the university, Leonard Hamilton, and the chance to be a “go-to guy” from day one.

Time to prove them wrong.

36 Comments for CBS Bloggers say…Wiggins to Florida State

1. Brandon
    3:04 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I believe them. I have never seen him signing with any other team other than FSU. We still have an absolutely monstrous team. Go Big Blue!

2. Mr Obvious
    3:04 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

If true have fun in Talltown. UK basketball is bigger than 1 player. Great yesterday. Great today. Great tomorrow.

3. Marty
    3:05 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I don’t feel good about getting him- no sources, just my gut from reading this stuff…probably not different that a lot of folks on here. But I am hoping the national “experts” are wrong like they were about Barker.

4. ukbradstith
    3:09 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

FYI- saying there is a 20% chance for this school, 30% chance for that school makes NO sense. What does that even mean? You can’t use percentages in cases like these.

5. Fitch Slap
    3:09 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

3.) Wait, you don’t have any sources on Wiggins?! Huh…………………..

6. Al/in/Indy
    3:10 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Since it’s CBS and all the other National bloggers saying he’s going to FSU, then it’s a lock…..AW is gonna be a CAT this time tomorrow….Kiss of death thingy!

7. Jdog
    3:10 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

He wants to be the go to guy but doesn’t like the attention? I thought winning a nat’l championship, winning a lot of games and being dominant was his main thing..? Leonard Hamilton screwed up “the last BIG TIME player he coached(Darius Rice).. Oh and he stayed 4 years.. Pro career???

8. UK AG ALUMNI
    3:19 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

In my opnion, a lot of the so called experts make their decision based on the fact that they do not want Wiggins to come to UK .

9. T-RAV
    3:20 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Say he goes to FSU…He will likely have a great season, but that will be overshadowed by the great season had by the UK team. UK wins titles. UK will get you drafted in top 3 (maybe #1). UK gives you national exposure and will help build the Andrew Wiggins brand. Most people say that AW draft status doesn’t change no matter where he goes – I disagree. Going to FSU will get him a lot of double-teams and all the pressure will be on him to perform and lead his team to victory EVERY game. A subpar season at FSU would hurt his draft status, I think. at UK, there would be much less pressure – Just go out and have fun and beat teams by 30!

10. Al/in/Indy
    3:21 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

That’s what i thought also 7, but it’s his decision.
    I did see on one of the blogs that if he were to go to FSU, he certainly wouldn’t be under the microscope as he would be if he attended UK….DUH! I’ll bet half the student body doesn’t even know FSU HAS a basketball team!

11. greg
    3:22 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I can agree that all of their points sound good except one. Leonard Hamilton’s history as an Elite Recruiter. Hey, I like Leonard Hamilton but he hasn’t ever signed a guy in the top 10. 2 guys in the top 25 that I can remember. That’s not much of a history in comparison to Williams, Self and Cal

12. Logic Says
    3:23 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Drew Barker calls a press conference to announce UK. Why? Because people would be cheering that decision, obviously. If Barker had not wanted to disappoint so many, he would have just committed privately, just as Wiggins is doing.

AW not holding a press conference is the biggest foreshadowing of what is to come. And I suppose that is unfortunate for UK, though many will try to spin it otherwise.

Since he’s a people-pleaser, with mommy and daddy being the most important people he has to please, I’d say he picks FSU. If that is true, shame on the parents for steering him to an illogical choice. UK clearing matches his personal goals he has share publicly, but the parents may not have the maturity to let him make his own decision. If it were up to him, HE HIMSELF has said he wants to go where his team will win the NC, and will win big overall, and where he his team can dominate. That is UK.

His parents may be taking advantage of his inability to decide, and his proneness to be a people pleaser.

However, IF he chooses UK (which he might!), that decision of itself will be a huge step in the way of maturity. But alas, I think the private, no fanfare setting means he’s avoiding the UK press and UK fans that would obviously attend and be publicly disappointed he chose a non UK destination.

13. JackB
    3:23 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

If he doesn’t come to UK, let it be FSU. At least then he can’t get in our way to 9. At KU and UNC, he would have some help and make those teams better.

14. Mack
    3:25 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

It would be great to have Wiggins on the team but you can not blame a guy who wants to make his parents happy. Don’t forget the 3 Texas guys are coming along with 3 guys from Flordia (by the way of New Jersey), Michigan, California and a couple from Kentucky. GO CATS! This will be a fun year.

15. J in Orlando
    3:25 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

These CBS guys have no more info on this than anyone commenting here, and their opinion is a flat out guess…he may go to FL St. but its still a guess. Wiggins and family has gone out of their way to keep all info between the 3 of them…they arent talking to anyone, so one has to wonder what this opinion is based on.

16. JackB
    3:25 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

#12 – I would readily agree with you except for 2 reasons – 1. His so called low profile personality and 2. Unlike Barker, he is not announcing in a clearly pro-one school location. He is in WV – probably UK fans would be most in attendance, but none of his schools are overwhelming represented there. They are mostly WVU fans after all.

That’s the best I got. I hope I’m right, but you may be.

17. JDH
    3:27 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I’ll tell you where Wiggins is going tomorrow shortly after 12:15 PM. No one knows right now where he is going except for him and maybe his parents. All these blogs and articles are just pure guesses.

18. Empty words from CBS
    3:28 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Those folks at CBS are hoping that UK doesn’t have the “Most Dynamic Freshman Team Of All Time.” They hate the culture that UK brings with the One-And-Done and somehow they think that their dismissal of Wiggins to UK deteriorates the possibility of him coming to the side of the BBN.

Cats get him, and many others in the know are predicting just that. Expect him to be a Cat unless this process has become so overwhelming to him that he just colapses within/into his Dad’s hopeful expectations.

IMO, Wiggins wants/wanted to be a Cat, even if he goes to Fla. State.

19. Mack
    3:32 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

12) Years ago I lived in the Huntington area and a large percent are CAT fans plus they are on the border. Don’t forget the turnout of BBN when PPat signed.

20. MustacheMan
    3:33 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

If he really wants to win ( A lot) like he says – there is really only one choice. We’ll see if he makes the right one.

21. Mike
    3:33 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

One of the negatives of having Cal as head coach is that most of the media does not like him nor UK. Put them together as they are now and you can double the negatives. Look at Randle, Noel Wall. They said we had virtually no chance but we did. I wouldn’t trade Cal for any other coach. He does not let these people get to him. Go Cal and Go Big Blue

22. MACK
    3:34 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Sorry I wanted to type 16)

23. bigabes4uk
    3:34 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Well 2 of those 4 are total douchebags and hate UK. I know of Norlander and Borzello- but don’t think they have much beef with UK. The other 2 would love nothing more than seeing us fail. Them picking FSU is no surprise at all and means absolutely ZERO to me!

24. Jordan
    3:34 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Well, at least Wiggy would still be playing for a UK coach, kinda. Hamilton was an assistant here

25. Lil c
    3:36 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

First they say his decision is closed to the public and media, now every ” expert” says FSU?! Ugh, Not looking so hot for UK! :-/ Why would they ALL predict he picks FSU? Because that’s where he’s going, that’s why!! Oh we’ll, Cats are loaded and ready with or without Wiggins. Can’t gettum all. GO CATS!!

26. harry
    3:36 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

good luck to AW, he is very talented and will be a fine addition to any school.

27. None Ya
    3:47 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

If memory serves me, didn’t Leonard Hamilton start his career as an assistant under Joe B. Hall at Kentucky?

28. Rockfield, KY
    3:54 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

If he doesn’t choose UK, Julius Randle will be waiting to take a bite out of his a$$ if he ever plays against UK.

29. Rockfield, KY
    3:54 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

27. Yes, LH is a hell of a recruiter and not much of a developer. i.e., Chris Singleton

30. Tampa Satchel
    3:55 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

SMH at all the douchebags who want to second guess this kid’s decision and trying to blame it on meddling parents!? I wonder at the arrogance of someone who claims a parent is meddling when they are working with their child to pick a college, especially when they are not privy to the many private conversations that will eventually lead up to a decision.

Most of us here love UK, but if your love so blinds you to the fact that not every player you desire will sign with UK, then you need to get some professional counseling.

31. Duke blows
    3:55 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I think it going to be FSU, but I also thought Randle would go else where so who knows? I hope people will remember AW is makeing the best choice for him and his family not the FANS. Please don’t blow up his Facebook if he goes else where. We are UK and we are bigger then any 1 player stay classy Please!!!!!!! Let’s try to act like Nerlens, the classiest 19 year old I’ve ever seen!

32. Duke blows
    3:56 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

Amen #30!

33. J in Orlando
    3:57 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

12 Then again, the family has gone out of their way to ensure there is no way to predict where he is going. If you invite media from all these different places, they apply pressure to find out the decision before committing resources to report an undesirable result. Wiggins will not do that. I think it is erroneous to read anything into the lack of a big announcement…the manner of announcing matches the personality of the kid himself…low key and not flaunting it to those he will disappoint (whomever that is)

34. MJ4UK
    4:00 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I just hope he does what is best for him personally, and I wish him the best.

35. Hooky
    4:00 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

What a horrible decision if this is true on behalf of Wiggins! Let me see, as a Freshman that will only be playing one year, where would I really want to go? To a ACC program that has no shot of winning it all, or to a program such as Kentucky that has the best chance to win a National Title and for me to make a name for myself? Logically the answer is Kentucky, but then again I am 40 years old and not a 17 year old who thinks he knows everything.

Best of luck Wiggins, but don’t be crying when you team does not make it to the big dance and you see Kentucky in the Championship game along with the best player in the nation…Mr. Randle!

36. calcats
    5:12 pm May 13, 2013 Permalink

I have no idea where hes going. BUT if you tell me you dont want attention, dont drag me along for MONTHS after all the other good players have manned up and made their decisions to say you dont want to hurt anyones feelings. This kid has a lot to learn about being an adult. So you go to FSU so you can be the MAN from day one. I thought you didnt like the spotlight! You either want to win the championship next year or you dont. Mr Wiggens the choice is NOW yours.