Cats show very little effort in a 14-point loss to Notre Dame

Give it to us. Hit us with it. Please.

Your University of Kentucky Wildcats just dropped their second basketball game of the season in a 64-50 loss to Notre Dame in front of a packed house full of white people in South Bend, Indiana.  Kentucky’s 50-point effort is the lowest total in the history of the John Calipari era at Kentucky, just below the 55-point night in Houston against UConn in that one game back in 2011.

It was ugly.  It was real ugly.  It was arguably the worst overall performance we’ve seen since Billy Gillispie left.

Let’s talk about it…

It was the Archie Goodwin/Alex Poythress Show in Kentucky’s last three games, but the plug was pulled on that show on Thursday night in the Joyce Center.  Goodwin and Poythress combined for just six points against Notre Dame after putting up 22 points apiece in the Cats’ last outing against LIU-Brooklyn.  Archie played out of control against the Irish, throwing up shots aimlessly in traffic, one of which missed so bad it hit the top of the backboard.  “I think one of his shots hit the shot clock,” Cal said after the game.  “Archie was out of control. Out of control.”

Cal said he pulled Archie aside in the second half and told him to quit looking to score.  “Get us shots. Don’t worry about getting yourself shots,” he told his point guard.  He called it Archie’s worst game, even though he did have a game-high five assists.

We’re starting to see that maybe Archie isn’t cut out to run the offense. His shoot-first mentality kills the flow of the offense when the team needs to move the ball around and look for open shots instead.  Archie, God love him, wants to lower his head and take it to the rack every single time he touches the ball.  That gameplan worked against teams like Morehead State and LIU-Brooklyn when opponents couldn’t slow him down, but if Kentucky is going to be the team Cal wants them to be in March, Archie Goodwin isn’t the answer at point guard.  Unfortunately, Ryan Harrow isn’t the answer either, at least for now.  It’ll be interesting to see if Harrow can earn his way back into that starting role he lost during his “illness” over the past three weeks.

Speaking of Ryan Harrow, Cal wasn’t pleased with his effort on defense.   When Kentucky cut it to 10 points late in the second half, Harrow left his man wide open in the corner and Notre Dame found him for a three-pointer.  Calipari called it the play that broke Kentucky’s back.  “We cut the lead to 10 and I said ‘We got them.’  Then we allowed the three,” he said.

Harrow only played 9 minutes in his first game back, behind Polson’s 16 minutes.  Like Cal said earlier this week, Harrow is at the bottom of the totem pole.

One shot on the night from Alex Poythress. ONE SHOT ATTEMPT.  THAT CAN’T HAPPEN!!!  After four straight 20-point efforts, Alex Poythress scored three points on 1-for-1 shooting.  ONE SHOT!  He took one shot!  Two rebounds!

It was clear from the beginning that Notre Dame’s plan was to take it at Alex Poythress.  It worked.  He picked up his second foul just five minutes into the game and took a spot on the bench for the rest of the half.  When he finally joined the action in the second half, he dropped backed to the Alex Poythress we saw against Maryland and wasn’t a factor on either end.  That can’t happen.  Not from Alex.

Effort, effort, effort, effort…  Kentucky has a lot to work on after this one but effort needs to improve more than anything.  Talent doesn’t matter when the effort isn’t there.  “What disappointed me is we didn’t compete,” Cal said of his team’s effort after the game. “My whole thing is, you can play poorly, but you still have to defend and compete.”  Kentucky didn’t do that against the Irish. “I’m disappointed but, maybe after this, we get competitive and play physical.”

Cal pointed out that a lot of Notre Dame’s baskets came late in the shot clock.  “We’d play for 25 and then foul; we’d play for 25 and lose a guy,” he said.  “We didn’t defend them the way we have to defend.”

Two guys who did give effort — the only two — were Nerlens Noel and Julius Mays.  Nerlens and Uncle Julius gave it 140% from start to finish while it looked like their teammates were sitting around watching.  Uncle Julius played his best game as a Wildcat and showed no signs of quitting as he fought and fought and fought to try to bring Kentucky back in the second half.  Mays scored a career-high 16 points and showed us exactly why everyone believes he is going to be this team’s leader.

Kyle Wiltjer can’t guard anyone.  And we’ve accepted that.  But Kyle can’t go 0-for-4 on three-pointers.  When those aren’t going in, there’s really no reason for him to be in the game.  It’s that simple.  He did have two nice, strong drives to the basket but it’ll take more than that for him to keep his minutes up. He has to hit those open threes.  Kentucky needs the Kyle Wiltjer from the NCAA Tournament last year, not the Kyle Wiltjer that is 2-for-13 in the last three games.  He’ll come around, though.  He’s too good not to.

Notre Dame shot 53% from downtown.  I would’ve guessed somewhere closer to 85%.  Those guys were lights out.

Matt and I were at the game so we couldn’t follow the television broadcast, obviously, but from what we’re hearing it was a lovefest for Notre Dame.  I’m sorry we missed that.  We were too busy celebrating Manti Te’o Night in the Joyce Center.  Enough already.  We get it.

We’ll close with this from Calipari: “We’re learning about our team.  I didn’t expect us to come in and play out of our minds, but I expected us to compete.  We didn’t.”

Time to move on and #BeatBaylor.

Keep the home streak alive….

Article written by Drew Franklin

208 Comments for Cats show very little effort in a 14-point loss to Notre Dame

1. Ukfan
    11:04 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Got to watch a former wildcat bobby perry coach a middle school game for west jessamine in Anderson county tonight and boy is he a great role model. He showed the kids how to blow up and show true sportsmanship. When he was getting manhandled by Anderson county he managed to throw his pen onto the court and charge at an official and cussing him out in front of middle schoolers and having to be restrained and removed from the gym. He was soon followed by a parent who high fived players as he was escorted out then one of his players was thrown out. I guess he taught them that in practice. He should be let go and shouldn’t act like that show some class bobby!!!

2. DirtyDutchMantel
    11:07 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

I hate the filthy birds, but Teddy Bridgewater is the man. He played with a broken wrist and a bum leg and was still great.

3. Hicks
    11:09 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

That comment from Cal shows me that I don’t think he is seeing what we see on the floor. Harrow left his man because Nerlens was slow getting back to his man off a pick and roll and Harrow had to cover him to prevent a wide open layup. We are slow and lazy on D. We don’t move our feet, we never have our hands in the air. Tonight was bad offense, but we haven’t see good defense for an entire game all year. Start there.

4. Mays
    11:09 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Put me at the point. I have the leadership. I can get Archie, AP, KW their shots and mine to. Im no Knight or Wall, but I think im better than Teague was at this point. Put Ryan backn me up and I slide over when Arch goes out.

5. Korean Tacos
    11:10 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

I think Cal pulls Wiltjer a little too quick at times. Tonight, I think it was Goodwin, let his man drive right past him, which he does a lot actually, and Kyle steps up to try to stop the guy. Guy passes to Kyle’s man. Kyle out of position to stop the easy two by Goodwin’s man, can’t recover to stop his own.
    Kyle is immediately pulled, when, to me, that’s not Kyle’s fault

6. Capt
    11:11 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

I’m betting the house on baylor to cover the spread. It’s gonna be close if tonight was any indication

7. Chase
    11:13 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

This team is so weak. They do not seem to have the “want” to win at all. They get beat to loose balls, they pushed around inside, and they take no pride in rebounding. Cal needs to find a way to toughen these guys up and I have all the faith in the world that he can.

8. Embarrassed
    11:13 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

I can accept a lot of things from this young team but the complete lack of effort and heart was too much to handle. This team quit halfway through the first half and UK fans aren’t going to tolerate that.

9. Question
    11:15 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Why did we put a white out on the court a couple times? Two white guys is the max we should have on the floor at one time.

10. Hey Old School, we all know your opinion. Go away now.
    11:16 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

It’s a young team, this is what we call a bridge year. Ask UI and UL, they have bridge decades.

11. Jim
    11:17 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

#9 what can they do about it ?

12. fake random guy
    11:18 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

“packed house full of white people in South Bend, Indiana”….where are you going with a comment like that Drew?

13. We will be ok
    11:20 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

I agree that was hard to watch. And the truth is this team might not win it but this team is very talented and will have an opportunity to truly compete by tounrament time. Also 10 that was just stupid. If cal thinks those guys are the best option at that time who cares about color.

14. 14
    11:21 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Also how is a packed house full of white people different than a UK game?

15. Buckets
    11:21 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Well, we can’t play any worse than tonight. Wiltjer is giving the Cats nothing and Alex Poythress clearly has some Disapperius in him. One shot? ONE??? That’s unacceptable.

We do not have a point guard if Ryan Harrow can’t get his act together. It’s his first game back so I’ll cut him some slack, but he and the rest of the team just aren’t tough enough, if I may borrow a Billy Clyde-ism.

But hold off on the microwave reactions, folks. It’s one game. In November. The Brandon Knight team played some terribly at times, especially on the road. It will be interesting to see how the team bounces back on Saturday. It’s a quick turnaround but that’s probably a good thing.

16. Bulldawg
    11:22 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Drew, you are the man. I cracked up when I saw the memory eraser thingy…hilarious. Great post, could not have said it better. On a bad night for UK basketball you managed to make me smile. I agree on the Uncle jules at point. UK should try zone sometimes. With their length, they shold be able to close out on shooters. Especially with Noel and company camped down low without having to chase some white guy around the court. I really like Noels eagerness and effort but I wish he would quit leaving his feet so quickly. I think the Cats will be a tough out in march as long as the players listen to Cal.

17. UK22
    11:22 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Umm Kyle….what is it ya say YA DO HERE?

Make a [email protected]*%ng 3!!!!

18. Embarrassed
    11:24 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

12 what are they going to do about it? Seriously? I know I tend to not care much for a team if they don’t put out any effort… Just a thought? I’ll always support my CATS and I know it’s early but this seems to be a trend w this team. Again, it’s way early but still concerning.

19. jaws2
    11:26 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Like I said yesterday, let Archie show me 9 assist at ND instead of LIU and I’d begin believing he’s our point guard. He’s way to selfish right now. I believe our major problem right now is that we’re way to soft, do not hustle, and have 0 leadership, which we had in spades last year. This team is completely disoriented and has no continuity on offense. We desperately miss Miller, Lamb, and Jones for leadership. These kids better start picking it up or we’re going to drop 10 or more games this year.

20. UKBlue
    11:27 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Hate to be negative, but it is what it is & God do we look horrible. If Cal is this frustrated already, that speaks volumes !! Lost on offense, not dripping to the basket, no high screens at the top of the key, standing around, no energy or toughness, can’t rebound, defend, make shots or hit free throws. Yes we might get some better, but this is going to be a very long season especially for Cal.

21. bmt22033
    11:28 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

I think #4 is right. It has become clear that Julius Mays is the leader of this team and I think he’s the most competent option we currently have at the point. His experience makes him less likely to make some of the same mistakes that Goodwin, Harrow and Polson would make. He’s a good free throw shooter and as the PG, he’d likely have the ball in his hands in close, late-game situations anyway. Vote Julius Mays for point guard!

22. Dear God
    11:29 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Goodwin’s been running the offense for five games. Can we give him maybe one or two or ten more before we decide he’s not cut out for the job? Jesus. Do you remember what our point guard looked like last year for the first two-thirds of the season?

23. PatTanaka
    11:29 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Why is everyone so excited to get Harrow back? He weighs 125 pounds and is worse than Hood.

24. bmt22033
    11:30 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

@17 – Kyle needs to have a meeting with the Bobs! 😉

25. Class
    11:30 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

It is definitely obvious from the articles Drew and the crew seem to be writing, as well as what you commenters put also, that we have become a very, very spoiled fanbase. I am currently a UK student, been raised on the Cats, and I’ve watched them since about 2005. With that said, my dad is a dieharder, so I know about all the ups and downs of the past and what have you. We lost guys! It happens. No one wanted it to happen, but believe it or not, it happens. Don’t be embarrassed, or give up on the team. Theres nothing wrong with the team! Everyone’s new, and we all know that! I anticipated this, and you should have too! We have so much learning to do! But remember this: We JUST WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! Gah, I’ve been waiting for that my whole life (as short as it may be). Nevertheless, we’ll get through the slump, just have a little patience, and keep on bleeding blue! 🙂

26. Josh Hopkins
    11:30 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

UKBlue… Agreed I hate to jump to conclusions this early but this team is weak minded to say the least

27. Louisville
    11:31 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

BCS bound inbreds!!! Have fun with Stools.

28. sunnycat
    11:31 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Noel went for another pump fake.

29. Class
    11:32 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Also, do not bring up the Billy Clyde thing….. really? Really? You must not have been a fan during that time, because if you were, you wouldn’t use that term loosely. That was a very dark period for UK fans. Do not EVER compare Cal to someone like that. It isn’t that bad. Jeez…..

30. bmt22033
    11:32 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Judging by the way the team as a whole looked tonight, I’d saw the mystery “illness” that Harrow had which sapped all his energy was highly contagious and must have had a 2 – 3 week incubation period…

31. Louisville
    11:34 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

ACC and BCS bound, all in the same week.

32. Caleb Epley
    11:34 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Am I the only one who remembers 2010? We got creamed by UCONN in the final of the Maui Invitational and were using the Varg-llson combination at center. We lost 9 games and didn’t turn it on until late February.

.. yet we ended up in the final four. Everyone relax, take 10 deep breaths, and trust in Calipari. Once we get a clear point guard we will be worthy of our preseason ranking. I still think it will be Harrow, but Mays seems like a viable option as well.

That is all.

33. Louisville
    11:34 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Plus, UK gets backhanded by a bunch of crackers. what a great day.

34. carterBlue
    11:34 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Yes, Julius Mays should be the point guard.

35. Hoosiers
    11:36 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Wow, hilarious.

36. JUS SAYIN
    11:38 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

JULIUS MAYS CAN NOT HANDLE THE BALL WELL ENOUGH TO RUN POINT! Seriously am I the only one who sees this? Obviously if he could he would be doing it.

37. InTheKnow
    11:39 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Hearing Harrow quit again.

38. Buckets
    11:39 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

LOL at the Louisville gutter trash bragging about their impending beatdown in a BCS bowl. Like anyone here cares. Good for you, Louisville fan. Get a life.

And Julius Mays cannot defend other point guards.

39. Somervillain
    11:40 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

What a bunch of whiners. Yes, this was a terrible game and a terrible effort, with ND constantly hitting spirit breaking bombs. But what’s with all the definitive proclamations about how terrible and worthless the players are? It is still very early and there is still loads of growth that will happen over the next few months. Drew makes a lot of very definitive statements up there that seem to be opposed to Cal’s thoughts. It’s been 6 games for a team of all new players. Relax.

40. Truth
    11:40 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Cal needs to overwhelm the other team with talent. Otherwise, he is the same CUSA coach that went to 4 NIT’s. Thank God for World Wide Wes.

41. CaptObvious
    11:40 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Davis << Noel
    MKG < Goodwin
    Cauley Stein <<< T. Jones
    Mays << Lamb
    Harrown <<<<<<< Teague
    Wiltjer <<<<<<< Slow train to nowhere

Uh..yeah…this team aint even top 20

42. [email protected]
    11:41 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

We are a bunch of spoiled fans. For three years, we have had a team loaded with lottery picks. Now, we have walk-ons and 4 years guys getting some serious minutes. Our One-and-Doners are just Freshman and they will are playing like it. Get use to losing because this year I think this team will lose at least 10 games and the Rupp streak will be in jeopardy. John Wall, Brandon Knight and Anthony Davis are not walking through that door. But Jared Polson, Jon Hood, Kyle Wiltjer and Julius Mays are. I’m thinking this team is about a 7-10 seed that will be bounced from the NCAA quickly. Maybe Cal will get them playing better by March, but right now, the talent has dropped off and the freshman are very inconsistent right now. It will be a tough year. But cheer up, next year we will have some experience, super talent coming and we will be back in the lime light.

43. Louisville
    11:41 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

38) It appears your tampon is blood red.

44. CaptObvious
    11:41 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Opps…I screwed that up…I was trying to say this years cats WORSE at every position by a lot

45. We'll be fine
    11:42 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

4 makes a great point. Mays is the clear leader of the team, and he’s got to be the level-headed guy that gets others involved in the game. With the way Archie is playing, it doesn’t make much sense that “Blue Julius” isn’t running the offense. With that said, #InCalWeTrust.

17 – I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Kyle can’t defend, so he has to come up with some offense. When the 3’s weren’t falling he tried to go up and under his defender in the paint a couple of times. He’s got to find something that works.

Noel has got to play with more physicality. He’s got the tools, he had the effort (most of the night), he just hasn’t learned to play through contact yet. We’ll be fine by February.

46. rainman
    11:43 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

I just wish Noel wouldn’t jump EVERY time
    someone blinks! SON you CAN NOT, block
    evry shot!!

47. Chicago Chris
    11:43 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

I know that this is the future and this and future teams will get better in Feb/March but I think there will be fatigue with November/December embarrassments. We are The Nation, and losses in November sting only 2% less than in February. If you think early season games are meaningless, look at how Indiana hung the 11/12 season on one win.

Now that we have a NC, I’m not sure I’m up for dealing with a completely new crop of players every year, no matter what the potential.

48. Chicago Chris
    11:47 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Seriously, 50 f****in points. Although, I wish they would stop sying Wiltjer is the most experienced player on the floor. He’s (perhaps) the most experienced RETURNING player.

49. J A Brooks
    11:48 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

This is the first team that we’ve had since Cal arrived that I really think Cal did a poor job putting together. There’s very little offensive dependability on this team. How often do you look at the 5 guys on the floor and say “who is going to score for us right now?” Goodwin isn’t a very good shooter, better than I thought but average at best. Wiltjer can shoot but can’t get open. Mays can shoot but isn’t really athletic enough to attack the rim or do much other than shoot. Noel and WCS both have incredibly limited offensive games. Poythress can be a man beast at times but when teams double down on him or keep him away from the rim they can really take him out of the game.

Its still very early in the season so things can turn around but with the way Cal recruits and reloads every year there are so many things that have to go right. All the players have to improve dramatically, everyone has to buy into the defensive side of the ball, everyone has to accept their roles, everyone has to stay healthy… if one or two of those things don’t happen the teams won’t be able to overcome the youth and inexperience.

I’m still behind Harrow. I’ve seen him play before and I know what he can do. He was obviously rusty tonight but he really never got a chance to play the point. When he was in with Goodwin it seemed like he’d have the ball up top and would have to hand it to Goodwin… then he’d go run around while Archie dribbled out the shot clock.

Harrow
    Archie
    Poythress
    Wiltjer
    Noel

That’s what it needs to be within a week or two. I know Cal loves himself some Archie Goodwin and its not that Archie CANT play the PG, but he CANT be the best option or the only option. You can’t take the one great scorer we have and say “dont worry about scoring, just get other people shots…” That’s not a good idea, I’m sorry.

These games don’t mean shit right now… so let Harrow get in there and take some lumps if need be but we need Archie to be a two guard and Harrow is the best option we have. Cal won’t do it though. Archie will stay the PG and it’ll take forever for the team to gel around him. Maybe I’m wrong but this year seems to be one where everything just doesn’t come together like the other years.

Next year we’ll be a monster squad again though.

50. We'll be fine
    11:48 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

47, IU hung their hat on that on 1 non-conference game because they didn’t have anything else to be proud of. I don’t want to stop at 1 NC, and Cal has proven he can win it all with the right class of recruits. Think how good we’ll be next year with a couple of these players and next year’s crop. I get your point, but I think BBN is overreacting to one game. I’ll take a November/December loss once or twice a year if we can hang Banners in March.

51. John Ellis
    11:48 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

First let’s not put ” ” around Harrow’s illness. Unless you know something concrete. And the FF team of two years ago got throttled much worse by UConn. Much worse. Goodwin and Paythrus got taken out of the game by the refs, they have to learn that you fight back in those situations. UK will be susceptible to a beefy front line until the freshmen learn to grab the ball and hold on for the inevitable bumps. So hope that Dieng is back for UK at Yum, better him than the goons.

52. Dear God
    11:49 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

And 47, what does Indiana have to show for that win besides some snazzy drink cups at their home games? These early games aren’t meaningless, but the absolutely are much less important than games in February. Particularly for a team like us.

53. Too Blue
    11:50 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

#41-I believe you have your alligators backward, but I hope you are correct.

54. OneAndDone
    11:52 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Mays runs the point. Plain and simple. He isn’t out of control, he’s in his 5th year in D1 bball. When Archie gets the ball, he ball hogs and drives (which is every possession when he runs the point). I’m not taking anything away from Archie, but Mays can create much more offense for Alex, Willie, Nerlens, Kyle, AND Archie…. Do it Cal.

55. old_school
    11:52 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

“packed full of white people…?”

I see a lot of race-related comments from the folks at KSR and posters.

As a white man who feels we should all adhere to MLK’s desire to judge folks by content of character and not color of skin – why so much hate?

A very intelligent man by the name of Walter Williams has bemoaned the fact that too many wimpy white folks are intimidated by white guilt. I sense that on this site.

That’s the only thing that can explain the ease and frequency of so many negative comments about white basketball players on this site. This site and many posters here are quick with a stereotype of certain players based on their skin color – and I’m guessing most of those comments come from white people. Why?

Seriously – are you so intimidated by another race that you feel you must put down your own race in order to be seen as hip, cool or relevant? What a pitiful life you must lead.

Great players come in all colors. Why’s it so hard for you all to accept that?

I find it sad that all my fellow white people think the only way to find acceptance is to somehow surrender what little pride you might have in who you are – simply so someone of another race may like you. I have bad news for you – they not only think what you’re doing is funny – they also don’t have much respect for you.

By the way – just in case it matters – Walter Williams is black.

56. Disappointed
    11:53 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

We’re SOFT.
    It’s that simple. Get physical or we won’t be back in the top 10.

57. Yoda
    11:56 pm November 29, 2012 Permalink

Ok, stop with the “spoiled fans” bit. The only thing we saw tonight was a “spoiled” UK team, one that got punched right in the kisser and barely got up off the mat to stagger around until the TKO. I’m speaking strictly as a fan of course, but tonight is the first night I have been FIGHTING MAD at the effort I saw on the floor since Calipari got here. Even the Brandon Knight/Josh Harrelson team that drove us bananas in the regular season showed grit when their talent was still developing; this team appears to be the opposite thus far. That blame falls on Calipari’s shoulders first and foremost, and every single player thereafter. No, Calipari hasn’t lost his edge but man, he and his staff did a piss poor job of getting this young team to take to heart what it would take to win tonight.

This has NOTHING to do with “so-and-so sucks”; every player on the court looked pretty terrible save Mays and Noel tonight. Everyone has off nights, and this team is super talented. No denying that. But the effort was just flat out EMBARRASSING. Who is going to be the spark plug this year? I look around and frankly, I don’t see one at this time. I feel like it should be Goodwin but he seems to only want to “get his” in some kind of streetball league. Poythress (a.k.a. Casper the Friendly Ghost) has shown flashes in earlier games, but he simply CANNOT disappear completely like he did tonight.

We also need to stop kidding ourselves about Wiltjer. Yes, dude can STROKE a spot up three. However, dude CANNOT create his own shot, beat someone off the dribble, or shoot coming off a curl screen. He was so dangerous last year because defenses HAD to leave him wide open because of all the other threats. Now that everyone and their mother knows he can shoot, you stay in his grill and he’s a 25% 3-pt shooter, case closed. Just because he is the only returning player with significant minutes from last year does not make him a primary option, and his defensive liability makes that clear.

We are fortunate that college basketball is down this year, because we’ll be lucky to stay in the Top 25 if this effort pops up a few more times this year. I’d say the SEC (not to mention Baylor, UofL, etc) are licking their chops to get a piece of us. Can’t say I blame them.

58. new_school
    12:00 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

55 – The only ones with pitiful lives around here is you and all of your fellow trolls trolling away. Dude, you need to get a life and stop voicing your troll opinions on a rival fans’ forum. No one here likes you, troll.

59. Kanye West
    12:01 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

George Bush hates black people

60. Marvbn white mf
    12:04 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Come on post it. It’s a good one. Love you dogg.

61. Aaron
    12:04 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

The home-streak’s days are numbered. Its just a matter of when. Probably Saturday.

62. Han
    12:05 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

I think it was Vitale (but maybe Digger – regardless, both are ND supporters and thus boosters) who on national television lobbied for Te’o to help ND steal a recruit from Hawaii who has verballed to another school. Recruiting violation, probably.

Remember the people who didn’t believe Vitale told Patterson to go to Duke, Florida – anywhere but UK?

63. BlueBayou
    12:06 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Don’t overreact to one game.

64. Jpo
    12:06 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Can the mods please ban old_school?

65. [email protected]
    12:06 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Everybody keeps bringing up UConn. You all do remember they won it all that year right?

66. old_school
    12:10 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

55- I’m not here to make you like me. I’m not a rival fan – I got more true blue blood in my veins than most the people on this site. But when I see the program I’ve cherished since childhood going down the wrong road – I’m not just gonna turn a blind eye and walk away. I’m going to voice my concerns.

You may not agree – and that’s your right.

But my statement above is for all the immature racial comments that are made on here – mostly about white people by white people. It’s a pathetic display of weakness and the ones you’re trying to win over really just laugh at you.

67. Pathetic
    12:11 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Why do you keep saying “white people” and other comments like that. It’s in bad taste.

68. old_school
    12:12 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

64 – ban me? Why?

Can you offer up a defense of all the racially-based comments?

69. catdaddyd
    12:13 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

#55 Well said. It’s not just here it’s on the radio show as well by Matt Jones.

70. old_school
    12:14 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

White power!

71. old_school
    12:17 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

69 – I think it’s an inferiority issue. They’re afraid of being made fun of themselves – so they join in the racial stereotypes against their own kind. It’s nothing but a sign that you are completetly intimidated. It’s really kind of sad.

72. BCO
    12:17 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

27) – Have fun with the second coming of Kragthorpe when ur coach bolts for another job in the next couple weeks….better get us at basketball this year because in the coming years were gonna be kicking the crap outta y’all in both sports again little sister

73. old_school
    12:17 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

70 – I think the powers that be can read IP addresses – so hopefully you’re not fooling anyone.

74. OneAndDone
    12:19 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

71) go to bed. You are giving me a headache. You obviously have the world “figured out “. Congrats

75. Skeps
    12:19 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Any coach with half a brain knows all you have to do is zone them. Cal can’t figure it out. You can’t throw alley-oops and drive against a zone. You have to hit 3s.

76. new_school
    12:21 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Yup, definitely time to ban the trailer trash that is old_school. The clown’s never had a positive thing to say in his life. The douche needs more fiber in his diet because he sure is constipated. B!tch, p!ss and moan is all he does. No one likes you, troll! Get a freakin’ clue, and a life! Go spout your hot garbage in the mirror because no one here wants to hear it.

BAN. THE. IDIOT.

77. old_school
    12:22 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

74 – You probably could learn a lot from me. Don’t be so quick to dismiss someone whose able to discern the truth and speak to it.

Can you seriously make a logical, rational defense of all the childish ‘white’ jokes on here?

78. Marvbn white mf
    12:24 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

#56, you’re right on. I wrote #48 post and mentioned I was offended too. It’s still under review on my computer so I don’t know if you can see it. You hit the nail right on the head . I was t going to say anything about the posters that make white people look stupid. Starting to annoy me too. Well said fellow decent class fan.

79. old_school
    12:24 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

76 – Everytime you respond to me – the site gets another hit. I offer up a differing opinion – but it’s done without profanity, obscenities or intentionally berating others. You should make an attempt to do the same. I bet you could if you tried hard enough.

80. old_school
    12:25 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

yes i did say Calipari would never win a championship, but let’s not focus on that shall we?

81. jpo
    12:26 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

77. Can you seriously make a logical, rational defense of you claiming that “Cal would never win a title”? Why do you come here again?

82. Hey Old School, we all know your opinion. Go away now.
    12:27 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Here’s hoping they ban your IP address old school.

83. old_school
    12:29 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

78 – Thanks. I know others feel the same way – but just too intimidated (by what I’m not sure) to bring it up.

84. Buckets
    12:32 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Sheesh, you would think a person might take a hint and take a hike when they’re obviously not wanted. Everyone has an opinion but some people should get a clue when so many others obviously dislike them and their opinions.

One might have to take a look in the mirror and realize it’s not us, it’s them. Here’s to hoping they ban you and your IP, as well. Until then, I’ll just skip over the incessant rambling of the old fool.

85. ChiddarCheddar
    12:33 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

#3 you’re exactly right, wasn’t harrows fault, if his issue is a confidence issue, being falsely blamed for “the play of the game” can’t help.

86. Woodyard
    12:34 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

I think it was a reverse racist statement if anything. Face it, we’re texas western, georgetown to other schools now. White people in Indiana dont like us. Hell with em. We (uk) are holding the title. Drew wasn’t being derogatory to African Americans. He just stated the facts.

87. old_school
    12:35 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

On what premise would they ban me? Just curious – maybe I don’t understand the terms of service here. But I’m not offensive, obscene or profane. I simply offer up an opinion.

Are you suggesting that those who hold differing opinions do not have the right to express them.

I could even see the site not wanting to be jammed by fans of other sites. Well – I’m a lifelong UK fan who just sees things differently.

88. ChiddarCheddar
    12:36 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

86) there’s no such thing as reverse racism. Racism is racism. In fact, the term reverse racism is racist.

89. nassau65
    12:38 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

84. nah, makes too much sense. he’s like gogaytors, just a troll without a home, so he comes here and gets a little attention by stirring the pot. 81, yes i remember on more than one occasion last year him saying Cal would never, ever win a title. He still denies it, because it kills his credibility except for those that don’t know he’s been a troll for quite some time.

90. old_school
    12:38 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

86 – What? I know Drew wasn’t being derogatory to African Americans. I never suggested he was.
    And you have some evidence that White People in Indiana don’t like Kentucky basketball. Are they somehow different that white fans of UCONN, UofL, Notre Dame, Alabama, UCLA, etc?

91. Woodyard
    12:39 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Fair enough. Trying to explain my thought in a manner people would understand.
    Im apparently still not correct enough.

92. Woodyard
    12:43 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

I didnt say “all.” You guys are making the generalizations on your own.
    I think its safe to say that without percentages that white people in Indiana
    Dont like UK. Just like White people in Ky dont like IN. (basketball)

93. Buckets
    12:44 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

89 – It’s so sad that the only way the guy can get his rocks off is by making a fool of himself on the Internet.

I, for one, come here to talk UK sports and read some of the funny comments left by fellow Cat fans. I have no use for the constant negativity of some posters. That’s why they banned many of the commenters from the show thread – their constant negativity and bashing of this site and it’s radio show. If one hates it so much, why come and read, then complain incessantly about it? It’s such a sad existence. I almost pity them. I wish this site had an ignore function so you could just ignore the idiots altogether.

94. old_school
    12:49 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

92 – You’d be mostly correct – IU fans of any color are not typically fans of UK – and vice-versa. But what does Georgetown have to do with it? John Thompson was one of the most bigoted figures in college basketball history – and openly admitted it.

95. old_school
    12:51 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

93 – I’m not constantly bashing this site. I enjoy the site for the most part – but when I’ve noticed a disturbing trend regarding racial stereotypes and commented on it.

I think I made a compelling case without ‘trashing’ the site – and hopefully those who make such remarks can consider what I said with an open mind and consider a varying viewpoint.

96. jpo
    12:55 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

93) yes an ignore function! It takes a lot of will power to ignore that guy with the negativity he spews. He could write you a 10 page paper on the flaws of Kate Upton’s body…

97. Woodyard
    12:57 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Very true. I hated Georgetown growing up (38) now. Much of the same
    Reason many teams hate us right now. Because they scared many of change
    Of the supposed status quo. Much like UK is now. Similar to the Fab 5 years for
    Michigan.

98. Really???
    12:58 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Dear Matt Jones,

Can I have Drew Franklins job?? I can’t believe he writes this crap thinking he’s the know it all of basketball. Why all the hate on Archie? Yes, he had a bad game and was out of control. Is that enough for you to call him out and say he doesn’t cut it as our point guard. Hello everyone, its still early. This time last year, does anyone remember the doubt about Marquis Teague? What happen to him??? Oh yeah, he won a national championship. I respect Matt jones but damn Drew, don’t take KSR down the Jerry Tipton/herald leader road.
    Everyone needs to realize how young we are and that this year we don’t have miller, lamb and TJ to guide us through early season struggles. Brandon knight and company had that with miller and harrellson too. Wall and Cuz still had Miller and one of my favorite cats, PPatt.
    It’s going to take time. Trust in Cal.

99. Woodyard
    1:03 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

I’ll take an early season learning game loss. Cal has them where
    He can mold them. They might not win it all, but they will be tougher and next
    Year should be lights out.
    Im happy we got a Football coach. Its a great time
    to be a Wildcat fan.

100. whySoSerious
    1:06 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Whites make up 75% of the US population……
    and only 17% of the NBA players (where the best basketball players end up).

Blacks make up 14% of the US population….
    and 78% of the NBA players.

These are statistics-not stereotypes.

101. Ibescootch
    1:08 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Old_school, really. You obviously are not in touch with this generation or sports culture in general if you think referencing “white people” in relation to basketball has a racist, weak, or otherwise negative, connotation. Just because a generality is made about a race, doesn’t necessarily make the sentiment racist. In general, “white players” have been playing catch up athletically to black players for decades. This isn’t a random, bold statement. You could poll every single player on every single team in high school, college, or the pros, and I can guarantee they would say, “Yes, black players are typically better at basketball.” If there was some way to measure athletic statistics, I promise you, black players would come out on top in many sports. This isn’t a reflection of racism, it’s a reality. I’m a white guy. I’m not offended at all, because in my many, many years playing sports, I’ve played against an overwhelming majority of good black players vs. good white players. I don’t see this as bad or wrong, it’s just reality.

And referencing a crowd of “white people” is another generality, and a joke, because Notre Dame is predominantly Caucasian (white, for those of you following at home). A quick check of Notre Dame’s racial statistics says that almost 80% of the student body is white, about 3% are black, and other minorities make up even smaller percentages. That isn’t a racist statement, it’s a joke, but based on a fact.

So please lighten up. It’s all the anally retentive codgers around America like you that are so quick to point fingers that make this country so uptight sometimes. Go watch a hockey game or something, they’re played in front of all white crowds sometimes too. GASP!

102. Tommy Jo Jo
    1:09 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

I think the guy from KentuckyBasketballForum.com said it best when he said, “I blame those darn Kardashians for Rondo’s ejection and I blame Coach Cal for the ND loss.” Boom roasted.

103. old_school
    1:13 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

So by your logic – the fact that fewer whites make it to the NBA – it’s justifiable and acceptable to highlight the suspected athletic weaknesses of one race.

By your own logic – there are those who might wish to highlight the suspected academic weaknesses of another race. Do you find that acceptable? I hope not.

Why can’t we appreciate that fact that anyone(regardless of race) who plays Division I college basketball is in all probability a much greater athlete than we’ll ever be. Likewise – anyone (regardless of race) who succeeds academically – is worth of some respect as well.

In other words – lets judge people on “content of character” and not color of skin. Why’s that so hard for some people to grasp – even after all these years?

104. Ridge Runner
    1:14 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

A rowdy road game in November and except for the lack of effort…not too much happened that I didn’t expect. A teaching moment for Coach and with time, we will be ok. Ok as in, we will run for an elite 8 appearance (pending the draw/bracket of course) and the E8 is about our best hope.

Go Big Blue

105. Ridge Runner
    1:17 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

102…strange example to latch on to in thinking something was said “best”.

106. truth.com
    1:21 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

the weakest team cal ever had…but let cal talk that presidentially to yall and suck it up..next year is the year..

107. old_school
    1:22 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

101 – I’m not disputing the numbers that show a greater number of blacks excelling at basketball than whites. My point is that there are great athletes of all shades and hues.

As for the ‘joke’ – I understand it was said in jest. But why is there such a double standard? If Kentucky traveled to Grambling for a game – do you think Drew and Matt would be joking about how dark the arena was? No – and they shouldn’t.

My concern however is in the way white people often are so quick to make fun of themselves and accept disrespect in order to get a laugh, and in doing so – cheaply relinqish their own heritage.

If I were black – I’d not laugh and slap my knee when others made jokes about low test scores in inner city schools – knowing that such is not a result of race – but of environment and homelife. Likewise – As a white person – I’m not going to simply surrender the notion that because of my genetics, I’m somehow physically inferior to another race. I know there are some natural differences, – but mostly what accounts for athletic success is hard work and dedication – and that’s not a trait that’s either black or white.

108. BigBlueVein
    1:23 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Drew,would you ever say a packed house of
    black people?….I think not….show some respect
    And yes I am Irish…Also,Matt, why do you let the trolls
    hijack all the comment sections?..They are doing exactly what
    they are meaning to do and that is…ruining this site.

109. Blue Dream
    1:24 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Archie is one of the best rebounders on the team, he can’t rebound from the point. He moves without the ball better than anyone on the team, the only play we run for the point is the pick and roll. We stand around so much when he runs the point because no one can get open. We need his rebounding on the defensive end. Is Harrow the answer? Maybe not, I think he will end up being an important part of the team but maybe he can’t make it happen. He’s faster, a better ball handler and a better defender than Julius and Jarrod so we get better in those areas when he’s on the floor. One thing is for sure though, we are a better team when Archie plays the 2 and the 3.

110. Ridge Runner
    1:30 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

One thought I have and I haven’t seen posted is this… I think a major reason we are seen as “sitting around” and the lack of effort is because we still don’t have that true point guard. What I mean is that the PG (a true PG) can get the team in a chemistry or position that ensures everyone begins to know where to go and they don’t have that deer in the headlight look –if ya know what I’m trying to say. Again, just a thought and yes, I know that isn’t the situation all the time but I beleive it is a contributing factor.

111. Blue Haze
    1:47 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

3) Umm, oh I think Cal see’s everything.
    Old school) Stirring up the nest again I see.
    110) Good point and yes the lack of effort we see could be contributed by the no PG play at times.

112. Rod Strickland's Secret Smile
    1:58 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Cal’s offense calls for the point guard first and foremost to penetrate and then (a) put the ball high on the glass – scoring, or else giving the guys crashing the glass behind him a chance to slam home the rebound, or (b) pass to the open man. Goodwin is capable of doing (a) better than anyone on the team. It didn’t work against Notre Dame because they doubled down on him, leaving one or more of his teammates open. He’s not good at (b) yet, so the Irish shut down Goodwin’s drives, and he failed to make them pay with good passes. I expect Cal to work with Goodwin until he’s recognizing double-teams and passing well enough that teams start paying a price for this approach, at which point they’ll have to start guarding him one-on-one more. Then, look out.

I really like Mays, and agree that he can handle the ball at times. But he’s just not quick enough to start the dribble drive offense Cal wants to run. Most defenders can cover his drives on their own, so he doesn’t get his teammates open like Goodwin does (and like Rose, Evans, Wall, Knight, and Teague did). Also, he’s not great at scoring at the basket. He’s best 15 feet out and beyond.

For this team to be great, it’s gotta be Goodwin at the point. I think he can do it.

113. mike
    2:19 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

@110 If you watched Polson, there were a couple times in which he was telling some players where to run during play. I think he would have the best chance of filling the position your describing, but he simply won’t get the time it would take for the team to gel around him.
    Ultimately though, our success lies more in each of our players getting into a rhythm and instinctually knowing where to go rather than having someone else actively guide them. That will come with more time.

114. Blueberry
    2:42 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Long post ahead, but I watched the game and had it dvr’ed to rewatch. After slowing down and replaying some key moments here is what I have to say…..

Several minutes in the game we saw a lineup with Nerlens, WCS, AP, Goodwin, Mays….3 big guys and only 1 of them stayed down low every position. Put Nerlens on one side, AP on another side, and have WCS run back and forth while Goodwin and Mays are along the 3pt line with the ball. One of the 3 big men will be open, get doubled teamed and the other will be open for a lob, dunk, layup. We saw this during the timeout plays late when down 14+. WCS got a couple easy dunks from the plays Im talking about out of the timeouts. How does this not happen every possession? You dont have a size advantage when you dont use it.

When Goodwin runs with ball down court and tries to squeeze thru 4 defenders and throw up a shot…he reminds me of when you play mario kart, get a mushroom, use it, then run into a brick wall. Whatever Calipari tells this kid during practice must go in one ear and out the other come gametime. Cal cant punish him by sitting him because he is only option. So this kid will not learn you cannot help the team when you get 4 walks/travels called or run into a wall of defenders and have no where to pass the ball and create a turnover. Its understandable if he dribbles in to draw in the defense then passes out to open players…but no he is a one on five minded player right now.

Nerlens reminds me of a cat while you hold a toy with feather on it and constantly trick it. Everytime he sees a player with ball in hand he always falls for the ball fake and jumps in the air. He is truly trying to get blocks. Did you notice the number of times he got beat by Cooley and the other forward on ND? Nerlens fell to the floor a few times because he never had his feet set. With a huge reach advantage he does not need to jump in the air when the ball is still in the other player’s hands…this is something Anthony Davis had nailed down perfectly because like he said he knew he had the arm reach advantage and used it to time the shots. WCS suffers from this same syndrome but it is solely because he isnt defensely sound yet…he also tries to reach in and gets petty fouls too often…this is another non-basketball-ready trait. Size and being 7ft doesnt help you if you dont hold your ground.

Jon Hood had more fouls in the game than Wiltjer had 3 pt attempts…. Why would Calipari pull Alex Postupress for majority of the 1st half? Reminds me of when he did same thing with Anthony Davis vs Ind….cant win a game when you have no options to try and score down low. 2 fouls in 5mins is not a problem. He has to learn to work through it. Jon Hood only hurt the team foul situation because he gets beat badly he has to reach in on players.

I expected ND to win this game. If you follow sports betting at all then you will understand that the ”sharps” had ND all day long. The ”public” had UK+1 and +1.5. According to Sportsbookspy that tracks the amount of money wagered on popular online sportsbetting sites and some vegas books, there was over 66% or more of the money bet on UK prior to tipoff…yet the line kept going into ND’s favor meaning there were fewer bets of larger amounts of money on ND, but more bets of smaller amounts of money on UK…aka the Sharps won and Vegas won as expected to. Its called public money…public sees #8 UK and unranked ND and bet UK based on public perception, name recognition, and see the ranked named team as underdog….this same situation happened Wednesday in the Mich st and Miami game. Same exact spread of -1 and still public was on Mich st while sharps were on Miami and Miami obviously won.

Now conspiracy time… didn’t it seem like the referees were heavy to call fouls/travels/out of bounds on UK? Seemed as if the Refs were playing off of the crowd and ND got every call their way. Very surprised how some of the UK players didn’t lose their mind arguing the calls. You could see some of their faces on the calls and knew they should of gotten the call. The fouls I understand…simply frustration fouls, but one play that stands out is when Mays and ND player fall to ground going after ball. ND player is on the line with ball in hand, slides out of bounds when Mays jumps on top to grab ball. ND player loses possession while out of bounds and Mays has it in his hand…then ref calls out of bounds ND ball. This play happened in a mere 1sec but it was blatantly wrong. The other calls I had concern with were the Nerlens blocks that were called fouls. The refs blow the whistle as if they can see up close what happened. When you slow the play down it was all ball. Refs instantly blew the whistle here and favored ND. Like I said it was a home game favoritism type of game. ND was able to be more aggressive and get away with it knowing they were given the foul calls…this hurt UK when the same calls weren’t made and we didn’t hit the free throws.

115. SeoulCat
    2:59 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Old-school has a point. I’ve been coming to this site since the Patterson-Lucas days, so I obviously like and appreciate it, but there is a great deal of racial self-loathing in (some of) the posts and comment section. Things like “I can’t believe we lost to a bunch of white guys” or giggling about the “rare white out” when five white players are on the court would never fly if modified to disparage black people. Can you imagine joking about a rare “black out” occurring on the first tee when the Howard University golf team comes to town? It wouldn’t happen.

116. Comeonman
    3:19 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

All of the racial backtalk is really ignored. Furthermore, what about the making fun of the callers from small towns, country accents, slang twang, etc.. that gets overlooked. The callers dont get a chance to call back in and say I didn’t like when you talked about me after I hung up (usually get cutoff anyways). However you have to remember, majority of folks coming to this site are from KY, historically white population and many backwoods folks have family with racist ties. That carries over to the authors, commenters, etc.

117. Oz10
    3:51 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

All I know is that INDIANA FANS ARE VERY IGNORANT

118. Hartline
    4:26 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Seriously who gets insensitive about white people jokes? White men can’t jump is a popular movie. White people generally aren’t that athletic. On the other hand, they have mastered the art of swimming. Jeez people, if humanity can’t laugh at itself we are all going to be depressed because the world sure as hell ain’t a jolly place.

Btw. The cats sucked tonight. If they respond well we have a good team. They don’t we aren’t as goodas we should be. No pressure.

Here’s some Psy-coley-gy: TOOK A SHOT OF.COLUMBIAN EXPRESSO. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

119. Buckets
    4:27 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

old_school is Jerry Tipton’s pseudonym when he comes on this site to troll.

120. Big Whoop
    5:33 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Just some observations:

What I saw last night was a team wearing invisible blindfolds at both ends. We should’ve learned from Duke what happens when you don’t defend the three.

We should’ve known that Notre Dame was not going to roll over and play dead like the cupcakes we’ve been playing.

This team may be softer than North Carolina right now. It is clear they don’t like contact on the offensive end and they don’t have clue about defense.

Notre Dame was clearly a disciplined team who was able to control the tempo because the Cats were out of control.

Christmas break will be a godsend.

121. Steve
    5:50 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Lord, the comments sections of this site are wearying. I think I’ll stick to the actual articles, which are usually well written and have an actual sense of humor.

122. pocket 9s
    6:00 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Glad I have tickets to the Baylor game. Gonna be a lot of fun to see the adjustments made after this debacle. I expect to see more harrow running the point, more help D, and hopefully, more Alex poythress.

123. Hawkeye Tim
    6:02 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Well, Basketball season should be over soon….Go STOOPS!!!!

124. BPsycho
    6:14 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

#119 I knew it! Lol

#121 The comment sections haven’t been right in years…. Not the same as they once were at least.

125. Jon Hood
    6:21 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

I haven’t missed a shot in over a week.

126. Beavis
    6:21 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

To all you people that bashed Miller all year last year,,,,,they sure could have used him last night. What is missing is a floor leader on this team. It will come but right now it is not there. White people comments,,,,what difference does it make if they were green,,,red or purple,,,,the Cats got their asses kicked on the floor,,,not in the stands.

127. Ryback
    6:25 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Anyone hear Eric Crawford (sports columnist in louisville) on the radio yesterday? He said his source clouse the uofl program is telling him that if Strong leaves Bobby will likely be back. Bobby has a home in louisville, lives in louisville and has a daughter on uofl’s golf team.

128. BNClay
    6:28 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Quick comment on the racial debate. Those with African heratige are genetically predisposed to being good at most ahletics. It is just the fact. They have greater speed and quickness. Coordination, strength, smarts, size all about the same when comparing African vs European. But the speed and quickness wins out in basketball. Check out other sports were those traits are not the most important and you will find more balance in black vs white proffessionals. Golf, baseball, football if u look at some position mainly lineand Qb that don’t run all over the field, tennis.

129. Teddy Bridgewater
    6:33 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

I bet Matt’s gina is all swollen today. his beloved Cats get stomped (cal needs 5 nba first rounders to look competent, see 4 nit’s at memphis), and the Cards are BCS bound baby. suck on that Jones and the rest of you sack hugging followers.

130. Beavis
    6:33 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

# 114 The foul calling will have an affect on the aggressiveness of the players of course. For instance,,,AP’s second foul ,, guarding his man down low,,,ND player turns and throws the point of his elbow into AP’s chest,,,,result,,foul on AP. Gonna happen to you on the road and it happens to the best teams,,,,like at IU last year.

131. Beavis
    6:36 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

# 129,,,,,What a nice post ,,,and so well thought out. Congrats

132. Bradley
    6:36 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

126. Who bashed Miller all last year? And now for my rant, how many fn years in a row are you people going to bitch and moan about PG play 5 games into the season? For God sakes. Goodwin has been fine. Yeah, he sucked last night. Big deal. It’s November, who cares. Wall struggled for quite some time. Knight was pathetic for the first month. Teague strugled mightily for a 1/3 of the season. Cal has no idea how he wants this team to play yet. He’s trying to figure it out along with the players. There is no past precedent to think he won’t. Relax. No need to make yourselves look stupid each and every season. And trust me, come February and March most of these comments will be proven to be beyond stupid.

133. Last Season's Morons
    6:39 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Teague sucks!!! Obviously Cal should start Lamb at point! This team can’t win it all with Teague at PG! What is Cal doing?

134. jwmsix
    6:41 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Cal need to prepare his team rather than play with espn and digger. You only have two scores on the floor and tell one not to shoot.

135. Beavis
    6:46 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

# 132,,,,,Maybe being a Miller fan made me more sensitive to some of the comments made about him on this site last year. Trust me,,,,they were there and there were many of them. Just like some of the Jon Hood comments you see this year.

136. Oogie
    6:55 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Hundreds of comments since the game ended last night on this site have pointed out all this teams flaws. And they have quite a few. And yet still, in the end they lost by 11 in their first true road game in a tough environment. So I’d say all is not lost. They have a lot to work on, but it’s within reach IF they want it. Ultimately that’s what it will come down to. We’ll see how badly they really want to win.

137. BravoBigBlue
    6:59 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Finally, a post by KSR that doesn’t sugarcoat or kiss up. Way to keep it real. This “team” is a mess. Not really a team at all at this point. Cal needs to abandon the Archie at PG experiment. Archie is a 2G and should be there most of the time. How about developing Mayes at the point? He is usually steady and has his head in the game and appears to be the leader on the floor. Poythres needs to come to play every night. It’s one thing to put up big numbers against the weak sisters, now play that way against good teams! I like WCS, but he has a long way to go. Nerlens gives us the necessary effort, but must improve his overall game. If Wiltger’s not shooting well, he probably should be on the bench. Doesn’t defend AT ALL (painfully obvious to everyone)and his lack of athleticism and quickness really hurts the team. Other than that, we are fine!!!

138. SexnNursinHomes
    7:04 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Drama Queens

139. FranktheTank
    7:06 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

136. Eventhough you suck at match (64 minus 50 is 14 not 11), I totally agree with what you’re saying. I just smh when I read these comments. Some of you whiny azz babies sound like you dropped your ice cream in the dirt. The biggest problem with all of this is we have been spoiled and some of you choose to listen to the media. Our coach has been telling us that “it’s gonna be ugly” for a few years and it has turned out not to be. The media had us ranked 3 to start the season.
    Read this and really think about it WE ARE THE ONLY TEAM IN THE ENTIRE NATION (HOW MANY COLLEGE BBALL TEAMS ARE THERE 300?) THAT DIDN’T RETURN ONE SINGLE PLAYER THAT STARTED AT LEAST ONE GAME LAST YEAR.
    How in the hell can we really expect 7 or 8 brand spanking new players to do any better than they have early this season. Last point I will make, they are kids. They believed the hype as well. So when they look shocked during a game they know they can’t win against weak azz ND, that’s why.
    We will be fine but it will be real tough on these kids that play for YOUR team if they don’t have our support.

140. dusty380
    7:07 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

#134 As much as i love Cal, i TOTALLY agree….this team looked completely unprepared….a player plays lazy and flat, its on the player….80+% of the roster plays that way, its on the coach…

141. crank yankers
    7:07 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

bread makes me poop

YAY!!!

142. Beavis
    7:08 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Doesn’t AP remind you of Jones last year,,,,play well one game,,,disappear the next game. You are right,,,Archie is not a point guard,,,needs to play 2 and Wiltjer will have to score to stay on the floor.

143. James K
    7:20 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

We can’t complain about ESPN doing a lovefest for anyone. The pregame to the Maryland game was literally a video package of our team in our beautiful facilities and a voiceover of Cal talking about the program. We pretty much have to shut up for the rest of the season in that regard.

144. jwmsix
    7:24 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

#142 AP is nothing like Jones he had a bad game because of game planning.

145. tdr76
    7:25 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

This team is young, does not have a point guard, and is going to loose several games. We just have to be patient with Cal and this team. This is going to be a rebuilding year which is the bottom-line.

146. Chris Rock
    7:25 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Drew, you a cracka ass cracka

147. Beavis
    7:26 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

You have your opinion,,,I have mine. Games are similar,,,size is about the same,,,inside/outside games,,,remember Jones at IU last year.

148. Lee
    7:38 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

So they lost a game in front of all those white people??? You never been to another basketball game? Like thats not the norm?? Same ol racist writers at KSR.

149. LONG LIVE OLD SCHOOL!!
    7:45 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Old school, it is a waste of your team talking to these liberals. They are raised in a world where they hate white people. Its what they are taught and they believe its cool. Stand strong on ur opinion and dont give in to white guilt.
    BTW, this team is in trouble. Bad effort, horrible game.
    Now, I have to go to work to I can pay for the American bum.

150. DG
    7:51 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Now that the 4th season is here we would all have to step back and look and say this is going to happen from time to time with the turnover being so great. I truly believe this team can be great, but Harrow has to be primary point with Archie at the 2. Calipari’s getting burnt by Teague buying into everyone telling him how great he is and leaving early. I think Cal was expecting Teague would stay with Harrow as a weak backup and just in case kind of guard when Teague was struggling. I am not blaming Teague by any means, but Cal probably thought he’d stay so he was comfortable taking Harrow in. Ryan has just shown 0 energy and toughness, pressure really getting to him after all? Maybe, maybe not. What you guys think? Bottom line is that Harrow needs to take over point and be good enough during games to play so the players know who will be the point and have certainty. Cal needs to see that.

151. chillitwasjustaloss
    7:58 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Chill it was just a loss…

Cal will make the best of what he has available each year and this team is still better than most others. Let’s chill and enjoy the players we have and the fact that we are relevant again, yes, even in a loss. It wasn’t long ago that we weren’t.

Happy Friday to you

152. James K
    7:58 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

I can tell you with some certainty: Teague should not have gone pro.

153. Alan Cutler's Mustache
    8:01 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

I wonder if the camera will be focused on the Irish football player after they lose in the title game? I was more sick of looking at his ugly mug that the Cats losing the game. I thought Vitale was going to ask him out on a date.

154. Beavis
    8:05 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

# 153 Yep,,,good thing he did not run out to center court and drop his drawers,,,,Vitale would have been all over him.

155. DG
    8:08 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

We are a year away. If these kids think they are pro material they are crazy. The closest is probably Poythress. They will all go freshmen wise, but if just one (WCS) stays this team will be freaky in 13. Even more so if more stay, but that is not likely. I was confident in every game last year these games would be taken care of except the IU fluke. This season though is different. Even in 10 I was more confident in them than this team.

156. WhiteHoward
    8:09 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Notre Dame did not “take it at Poythress”. He picked up some of the dumbest fouls I’ve ever seen away from the ball. He reached to hold his man when he thought he was going to get beat. With that said, Im not sure Im a fan of Cal’s 2 foul rule. It’s fine against your LIU-Brooklyn’s of the world, but not against a tough team in a hostile environment. I think the case with Alex has been that when he comes out for significant time, he is unable to restablish himself when he returns. I think Cal should insert back in for short spurts if he picks up an early 2nd. Just my opinion…

157. jsh2001
    8:13 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Even though I expected this team to take it’s fair share of losses (especially the tougher early games), after last season I almost forgot what it’s like to lose. This team does remind me a lot of the Knight team early in the season, only difference being I had no worries with Knight running the point with that team. Either Harrow is going to earn his spot back and live up to expectations or this is at best an 8-10 loss sweet sixteen team.

158. smoke and mirrors
    8:16 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

It’s a damn shame chigger phelps called pitino our coach and had to be corrected on National TV. He is as pathetic as we played tonight. We,the fans.need to face the facts. We are way overrated(not that it matters now) and we will lose SEVERAL more games this year. LOuisville will destroy us,probably the worst beating in the Calapari years here…….You no what all that means??????????NOT A DAMN THING!!!!!WAIT TIL MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

159. Earl
    8:16 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Man this bunch has no heart! Wiltcher is a complete waist of space,no point guard at all, poythress is a childish moping around going through the motions, WCS is a carbon copy of Vargas, what else, Oh did I mention they were a lazy a$$ bunch of losers. I am not watching this bunch of nonsense.

160. josh
    8:21 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

when does football season start

161. smoke and mirrors
    8:21 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

One more thing.Let’s give Notre Dame some of the credit. They played exactly how the needed to against a young team like ours. I would love to see them again in march on a neutral floor,let em have another shot at us then.

162. smoke and mirrors
    8:23 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

I agree 100% #155. Very well said!!!

163. Dude
    8:24 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Hey Earl#159 Go play in the traffic you wanker.

164. Warren Oates
    8:26 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Cal three years: elite eight ,final four, national title ,50-0 at Rupp, three league titles , two league tourney titles , only two double digit losses , 7 losses by a combined total of 17 points.
    I think I’ll leave it to him to fix things

165. Charlie Strong
    8:26 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Thank Gawd we won dat game las nite. If we lost no one wuld hire me. Now my resume looks better. Close call, I wuz almost stuck in dis craphole w deez d bag fanz another yeer.

166. Catscatscats
    8:27 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Maybe I’m just in the minority, but I’m not surprised we lost last night. I am dissappointed, but going in I knew it was gonna be hard. Goodwin is a natural shooting guard, and Cal is convinced that he needs to play the point. Goodwin is just simply not ready to play the point, in a few weeks he might be, but right now, nope. Cal is trying to get Goodwin ready for the NBA by playing him at point, bcuz hell need to play both in the league due to his size. We as fans need to remember that last years recruiting class was from top to bottom one of the best in a few yrs(I’m not just talking about UKs class but more so all of the seniors coming out of high school that yr). 2012’s recruiting class was never thought to be as good as 2011(most analysts believed it was a down yr in total recruiting seniors from high school). We are spoiled with how coach cal reloads and wins every yr, but sometimes we need to be more realistic. We have no right to be complaining, we are spoiled little children. Why can’t we just be thankful we are relevant in college bball again, when we weren’t four yrs ago. Calipari knows what he’s doing and even if this yr is bad, next yr is gonna be INSANE. This loss is going to be great experience for this team, let’s be positive.

167. J. Theismann
    8:28 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

I’m just hoping with all hope and fingers crossed that Manti Te’o breaks his damn leg. HATE that effing guy.

168. DamnPeople
    8:30 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

It is not even December. Unlimited practice time coming up. Last year at this time you naysayers were saying we would never win with Teague at point. Comon on Man. #114 you need to get a life!

169. truBLU
    8:33 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

#17 with a nice Office Space reference. “The Bobs”

170. RaleighCat
    8:47 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

#166- very good comments. I think we’re seeing that this team expects it to be easy because of the success of last year’s team. That’s what I expected anyway knowing we had ZERO returning leadership. What we’re seeing right now only reinforces just how amazing last year’s team was.

Hopefully this is the wake-up call our Cats need. They are softer than Charmin right now and they need to step up. We played incredibly “small” last night and against Dook. Our rebounding is truly awful when you consider who we’ve played.

It’s November 30th. They will improve because Cal is too good a coach and they’re too talented not to. But there are flaws with this roster despite that talent and the only way to cover them up is to play much harder & smarter.
    Go Cats!

171. bigbluejon
    8:47 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

This team lost to ST JOSEPHS… We are starting to see what can go wrong with Calipari’s system. When we get players with low motivation/basketball IQ such as Poythress and WCS, we will struggle. When we have 1 injury or bust (Harrow), we will struggle. I don’t see us even being ranked the rest of the year. We will be lucky to get a #5 or #6 seed. DO YOU GUYS FINALLY REALIZE WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING ABOUT CALIPARI NOW?!?!?!

172. nassau65
    8:48 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

sorry 114. I didn’t see enough bad calls either way to make a difference of more than a few points, and certainly not enough to sway the game. I didn’t see the calls being one sided at all.The boys didn’t show up as a team, plain and simple and they got their asses handed to them to the tune of 14 points and it could have been 20 without at least a valiant effort from Mays. Nerlens was being outmanned but at least still putting forth effort, but he has to have help and cannot be expected to carry the inside load all alone. I see another loss really soon (Butler) if there is no change in team effort. UL will easily sweep the Yum floor with them if they have another game like last night. I expect they will improve, and am hoping this was the worst game we’ll see all year.

173. thats budda
    8:49 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Drew you had me at packed house full of white people. With the “blackout” it just looked like a bunch of white dots in a sea of black. At first it was hilarious and then it became a game like where’s Waldo trying to find someone other than a whitey. There was that one Hawaiin(?)dude.

174. lol
    8:51 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

#171 Do you poop ice cream when you complain about coach Cal? Are we the first team to ever need to rebuild after winning a national championship? Does your butt get cold when the ice cream comes out?

175. PLEASE!!!!!
    8:51 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

PLEASE, can we get some UK FOOTBALL news.

176. Rockfield, KY
    8:52 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

171. We won a National Championship last year. I’m gonna live through this.

177. In agreement
    8:53 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

172….TOTALLY totally agree with the referees. They called a good game, we just didn’t execute.

178. Rockfield, KY
    8:53 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Did y’all see that Tony Trocha signed with TAMU?

179. old_school
    8:55 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

171- I’m with you 100 percent. Cal’s strategy is a crap shoot. Gamblers often end up in dire straights.

180. UK Fan
    8:55 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

We have to face facts. This bunch is an assortment of individual talent, but has very little in the way of team mentality. Cal doen’t have the pieces this time around. Elite 8 at best.

181. old_school
    8:56 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

176 – Auburn football fans were whistling that same tune last year.

182. Warren Oates
    8:58 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

171 Cal system a bust? Three years an elite eight,final four , and a national title.
    Are you serious?

183. Louisville Says
    8:59 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

We’re in the ACC which is now the best conference in the country. Of course, the Big East was the best as proven by that amazingly tough football schedule we plyed this year to get into a BCS game. Wait, what? Maryland, Clemson, Duke, NC and Florida State are all leaving the ACC?

I guess we really are a bunch of ghetto trash tools.

184. barn
    9:02 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

172–what team are you talking about? we don’t play butler.
    173–why are you throwin’ the racist crap on here?

185. Dr. Mantis Taboggin
    9:03 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Problem #1 : The most glaring problem to me is Coach Cal right now, he hasn’t settled in on lineups and his insistence on playing the twin towers absolutely kills us every time. There is no need for it, we play bad defense and need to match up to others, neither big man has the offense / defense to make the other team style to us. If we kept a +/- stat on that lineup guarantee we are really negative. Give it up coach.

Problem #2 : Archie Goodwin, he’s everything Coach Cal said he didn’t want in his program during the espn show. Shoots first, doesn’t hustle, out of control me me me type. Not a fan and he doesn’t seem to be getting better about it.

Problem #3 : Stagnant offense and poor coaching against the zone. They looked lost, no flashing to the free throw line, they stood there. Poorly coached again, kind of disappointed in Cal so far this season. Expect to see zone the rest of the season.

186. nerlensnoelshair
    9:04 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

We were soundly beaten by Duke, struggled at home against Morehead St, and were destroyed at Notre Dame. Time to admit this team isn’t very good, at least yet. Also time to admit they aren’t good even compared to Cal’s first three teams at this point in the season.

187. asdf
    9:08 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Noel needs to stop biting on every ball fake. WCS does this some too, but Noel is getting schooled every game.

Poythress needs to learn to play physical without fouling. He’s either a bull in a china shop or he plays “no touch” basketball. You can get away with that at home, but on the road, you have to play smart, physical defense without fouling.

Goodwin needs to let the game slow down for him. Kind of like John Wall was at the very beginning. You may be a Ferrari, but you can’t keep the gas on the floor for the entire game. Not only does it make you easier to defend, but it marginalizes your teammates.

Everybody needs to learn to play with immediacy, but without panicking.

This is very fixable. Reminds me a lot of two years ago. They looked pretty bad for the first half of the season too, until Harrellson and Knight finally figured it out.

188. barn
    9:08 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

cal critics are out in force now. where were you the past 3 years when we went to the E8, F4 & NC? this year’s group obviously isn’t as bball smart nor have the intensity of our past 3 teams. lotta bball to be played before march gets here. they’ll get better

189. LittleCatBigBird
    9:09 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

At least our home streak is still in tack. That would have changed if we played IU this year.

190. barn
    9:12 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

189–you mean like a bridle, or a saddle, halter, bit,????? what kind of tack you talkin’ bout?

191. davefromdagap
    9:18 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

You are seeing the worse case scenerio of having one and dones. Cal and everyone else thought Teague would be back. This is going to happen on occadion. Every recruiting class aint going to be perfect. Cal will make the most of what he has. Wr’re dtill going to be a really good team. But it aint last year

192. BPM
    9:18 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Holy sh*t, Old_School really got the white power freaks to come out of the woodwork on this thread. Unbelievable and embarrasing. Don’t worry though, Old School will go away as soon as we get good again just like he has the last 3 years.

193. Doogs
    9:24 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Bring Stoops in to show these kids some toughness on defense

194. Al's IndiCats
    9:28 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

153 you nailed it, hell for a while I didn’t even know there was a basketball game being played.
    OK, a lot has been said about race. You know, screw the race card who cares? old school if you are offended by that then your skin must be really thin, but it’s not about race here. It’s about UK sports that is reported in the most rediculous manner possible. If your offended, just drink a warm cup of milk (white) and retire. It’s been said many many times… IT”S FREAKING November folks. We all knew we were going to take our lumps early, as I thought we were rated way to high with NO RETURNING starters coming back from last year. We’re going to be fine, as other people commented, In Cal we trust…..So just do it! GO CATS!!!!!!!!!

195. nassau65
    9:31 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

sorry 184, i meant to say Baylor.

196. [email protected]
    9:37 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

189 insults work better when they don’t come from a moron. “in tack”…it’s intact.

197. UKGrad83
    9:37 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Face it, we’ve been spoiled by what Cal has done in a short time. Regardless of what happens, let’s support the young men in the program. Give them time to gel – it’s way too early to give up on this group.

For those of you throwing racist taunts, do us all a favor and throw yourselves off a high bridge somewhere. It merely reinforces the stereotype that everyone from Kentucky is an illiterate, inbred, racist.

198. James K
    9:59 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

171. You’re analysis of Cal’s system is fallacious. The results clearly show that if he recruits well, Kentucky is always going to be in the hunt. The results from his first three years are staggeringly good. This season just started. Quite frankly, that is one of the dumbest possible arguments you could hang your hat on. ANY SYSTEM STRUGGLES WHEN THERE ARE PLAYERS WITH LOW BASKETBALL IQ’s. ARE YOU RETARDED?!

199. Linda Taylor
    10:19 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

77 – Old School, I think it’s interesting that you are writing about other people learning from you when you are not even using proper English. Here is a little lesson on the use of whose:

Who’s vs Whose

Who’s is a contraction of who is or, less commonly, who has.

Who’s watching TV?
    Do you know who’s going to speak?
    Who’s ready to go?
    Who’s in the kitchen?
    Who’s this?
    Who’s already eaten?

Whose is the possessive of who or, somewhat controversially, which.

Whose book is this?
    Do you know whose car this is?
    I know a woman whose kids study there.
    Whose side are you on?
    An idea whose time has come.

The Bottom Line

The trouble here is due to the apostrophe, which on 99% of English words indicates possession, but on this one simply indicates a contraction. If you can replace the word with who is or who has, use who’s. If not, use whose.

This information is from Laura K. Lawless’ English website.

Now, Matt’s show is on so I’ll have to finish reading this thread later.

200. Black Kentucky Fan
    10:26 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

“a 64-50 loss to Notre Dame in front of a packed house full of white people”
    OH, because Rupp isn’t a packed full of white people every game, right?

201. Hang Ten!!!!!!!
    11:19 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

I say we roll with this lose and win 10 straight

202. Hang Ten!!!!!!!
    11:21 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Behind good pg play

203. Hang Ten!!!!!!!
    11:33 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Let’s be positive with dis here situuation and put first things first, first is OUR home streak.

204. C'mon Man !!
    11:39 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Last night’s game should be an episode of ESPN’s C’mon Man!! Archie drives the lane and shoots the ball…at the shotclock??? C’mon Man!!

205. Biglaw Dawgin'
    11:54 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

If Noel’s “140 percent” includes giving up 6 offensive boards and getting “beast-moded” by a mediocre white boy for 40 minutes, then we’re in for a long season. I thought he gave pretty pathetic effort, actually. Out of position, just blindly trying to swat every pump fake, and allowing easy layups for others. Add that with the fact that he missed 5+ easy layups and committed numerous stupid fouls, and you’ve got the recipe for a horrible game, which is exactly what he had. And somehow, everyone keeps saying he played well. If that was Noel playing well and going “140%”, then there is no way Noel is a top-10 draft talent.

206. ukfanatscar
    12:34 pm November 30, 2012 Permalink

Well first off SHOUT OUT TO POLSON solid game. And nice finish at the end if the first half. Secondly, we need a pg to run this team we only have on guy who create his own shot and its Archie goodwin. We need harrow to step in and set up his teammates. We have no flow on offence and while mays had a good game i don’t know if I want him being our go to guy on offense as the season goes on. I’d like to know what harrows deal is bc I know being the pg of this team would be a dream for me. Athletes everywhere, we just need one guy to say I’m gonna make this team move. I think that guy has to be harrow. We show the same problem okc has with westbrook at point. We can’t have our best scorer be our point if he’s not gonna put equal effort into distributing. Plain and simple mats and wiltjer are set shooters someone needs to set them up. Wcs and Noel should rival lob city in dunks someone needs to set them up. We are not playing like a team should we look like a bunch of guys at the Y playing pickup.

207. shannon
    1:44 pm November 30, 2012 Permalink

Well if we had to get beat it was nice to see a bunch of white guys do it, and to see that they can still play an intelligent game of basketball. Go Cats!

208. jimp
    2:01 pm November 30, 2012 Permalink

Everyone needs to quit analyzing and nit picking every single game when it is this early in the season or you are going to drive yourself nuts by March. Relax and give it some time. What bothered me the most about last night was having to look at Digger Phelps and listen to him and also the football player while the game is going on. Dick Vitale drives me crazy talking about everything except the game most of the time. I keep saying I’m going to get one of those sports sync radios that Tom Leach keeps talking about. Just haven’t done it yet.