Cats pick up a football commitment

kadeemthomas

It wasn’t a total loss for the Kentucky football team on the day, as they secured a commitment from Kadeem Thomas, a three-star linebacker from Tallahassee, Florida. Thomas was in town this weekend and offered his commitment while on his visit. Thomas is the #36 ranked inside linebacker in the class, according to Rivals.

Article written by Hunter Campbell

I used to write here.

27 Comments for Cats pick up a football commitment

1. SuperStarBillDundee
    11:16 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

He must have committed before the game.

2. ukwildcatwildfan
    11:17 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

I bet he realized how much playing time he could get.

3. Does this really help
    11:20 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

Great another 3 star……….:(

4. SuperStarBillDundee
    11:21 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

Did he play pro baseball for 10 or 12 years. He looks like he is 35 years old.

5. UK football
    11:22 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

3 star= awesome……

6. UKfansinLouisville
    11:24 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

If he were a five-star, it wouldn’t make any difference with this coaching staff.

7. jasonthecaller
    11:24 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

If he commited today then I really question his ability to comprehend defensive schemes at the next level.

8. Rob Bergeron
    11:30 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

Good pickup. Rome wasn’t built in a day…how many days does Joker have?

9. Soap MacTavish
    11:37 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

He must be a fan of our selling Fazoli’s breadstick cups at games.

10. calipari rules
    11:46 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

#6 hahahaha AGREEEEEEEEDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Beetle bum
    11:53 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

Nice get. This defense could really give LBers a chance to shine for the next level.

12. BlueFins
    11:59 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

Pity is a beautiful thing. If I was this sorry ass coach I’d be offering the hell out of immediate playing time.

Here’s a thought to ponder. How well has Georgia been playing of late? I’m sure they get a ton of players out of Georgia, and we keep recruiting Georgia kids. I’m not saying, I’m just sayin! Maybe we need one of those Florida recruiters like UL has.

13. JB
    12:02 am September 25, 2011 Permalink

Kadeem if you are reading these comments, pay no attention to the surly drunken aholes commenting here. Welcome! You will love it here, and we are happy to have you.

14. Big Blue 66
    12:19 am September 25, 2011 Permalink

Hes an FSU fan and hates Florida, but was recruited by FSU, so tonight pissed him off enough to want to help us beat them.

15. mashburnfan1
    12:33 am September 25, 2011 Permalink

Trevathen is a FL kid so lets hope this one works out as well. welcome to UK and please don’t back out of your verbal based on the way the team is playing. maybe with players like you it will turn around.

16. TeeMartinsBlackAss
    12:42 am September 25, 2011 Permalink

This guy is actually really good, its does matter that hes a 3 star, your an idiot if you pay attention to some stupid number. Recruit more guys like this, he is the type of player that play at SEC standards (note offers from UT and on the rise Vandy) hidden gem here. Mark my words. #3 and #7 you are gay.

17. SagaciousMind
    12:59 am September 25, 2011 Permalink

If he’s smart he’ll back out now. It’s crazy how downhill this team has went. I wish I was the coach. Cuz if you drop the ball, you’re not playin the rest of the game. You throw an interception, back up qb is comin in. I get so tired of Morgan Newton having no clue about his surroundings. He is a junior, there is no excuse. I think this coaching staff made a big mistake not lettin Newton and Moss fight it out this past spring. It’s embarassing.

18. JEREMY
    12:59 am September 25, 2011 Permalink

Everybody needs to quit hating on the football team! Either your a fan or not, yeah it sucks the way they are playing but come on…. Just about ALL the recruits read these message boards, so please remember this. We have never been good at football, but that dont mean you have to show your asses as a fan base! All these negative comments make me embarrased of my own teams fan base. So either be a TRUE fan or go root on another team. I have been a UK fan for 30 years and to read all these comments from the negative UK fans make me sick. Like i said go find another team…

19. SagaciousMind
    1:02 am September 25, 2011 Permalink

18, fans have a right to vent. I vent, but I still love my Cats. But as a fan, we were hyped up all summer and led to believe this was going to be a pretty good football team. I’m pretty sure my old high school team could beat these guys. I feel bad for the defense, the offense put them in too many bad spots. I was at least happy with the play calling. They finally opened the play book a little.

20. Jon
    1:10 am September 25, 2011 Permalink

13. You’re lying to the kid and you know it. How dare you!

21. Jon
    1:12 am September 25, 2011 Permalink

19. Did you REALLY think this team would be good after losing Cobb, Hartline and Locke. If you did, I question your IQ.

22. SagaciousMind
    1:27 am September 25, 2011 Permalink

21, while I realize we lost those guys, I also knew we had junior and senior receivers. And I also knew Newton was hyped up and he was a junior as well. Only place I thought we would slack was runnin back, not every position. So I question you’re IQ for not realizing that.

23. reedwizard
    8:07 am September 25, 2011 Permalink

he must love getting a**-rammed. Welcome to UK football!!

24. NoConcerns
    8:47 am September 25, 2011 Permalink

This is a great pickup for the staff. I don’t think that people realize how difficult it is to recruit in the SEC! . If it were your choice and it came down to playing football for UF or UK 9 times out of 10 these kids are going to Florida! Building the type of program that most fans want to see where we win 9 or 10 games a season just isn’t going to happen. I’m sure that joker and his staff are just as frustrated as everyone else. We lost almost all of our skill position players from last years team so it’s going to be a long season. Stop whining, have a coke, put smile on your face and shut up!

25. barn
    9:58 am September 25, 2011 Permalink

for joy, another 3 star recruit to play against a conference made up of 4 and 5 stars

26. locke-not-gonna-get-drafted
    1:20 pm September 25, 2011 Permalink

25 – most of the guys playing for our competitors are 3 star with a few 4 and 5 star guys here and there. The difference is that if one of their 3 star guys go down with injuries, they have a couple more 3 or 4 star guys waiting to replace them. We don’t.

27. go big blue
    1:27 pm September 25, 2011 Permalink

Great another 3* that will probably change his mind b-4 signing day I just hope he doesn’t watch us play anymore games this year.