Carmelo Anthony: Bad turn-of-phrase, or worst?

MeloShrugMeloRealizationMeloThink

“What do you mean, ‘I shouldn’t have said tha….’  Oh.  Yeah.  I didn’t think it through.”

By now, if you have a Twitter or, you know, the internet, you’ve probably heard about former Washington Wizard Jason Collins’ decision to come out.  Regardless of your thoughts on that (and of all the places to discuss them, this isn’t one), it was almost certainly a difficult thing to do.  Lots of folks have been showing their appreciation and respect for Collins via the interwebz, which made social media a pretty redundant place to be yesterday.

One man, though, may need to work on his phrasing.  New York Knick Carmelo Anthony decided to laud Collins’ announcement by saying, “It takes big balls to do that.”

Yyyyyyep.  Melo complimented a man’s decision to come out of the closet by saying he had big balls (don’t worry, that link is sfw).  He followed that up with some other comments, and a loss to the Celtics, but you have to figure he didn’t think that one through.  In the world of non-UK bits of news, this has to be one of the funnier ones.

Plus, it gives a reason to post this video, which probably isn’t safe for work.  Unless you work at a radio station.  Or an orthodontist.  I’ve heard it at both of those places before.

Next time, maybe Melo will think before he talks.  But, I hope he doesn’t.

Article written by Corey Nichols

11 Comments for Carmelo Anthony: Bad turn-of-phrase, or worst?

1. tvillian
    9:05 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

dang i thought we were done with Corey’s 9am post

2. Jake
    9:06 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Why is this a bad phrase. Yes this would make a middle schooler snicker but who cares if you can say it takes balls to do something couragous and you can say its courageous to come out of the closet then give melo a break. I understand everyone is going to be scared to make any jokes or say anything contraversial but this is not news im sure it will be all over sports center and espn.

3. Me
    9:07 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

The only thing that takes big balls is Corey (who is currently on a streak – 73 consecutive terrible articles, and counting) to keep posting on here.

4. Matt
    9:08 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

KSR needs to do a top 10 worst KSR posts of all time.

5. BEARDATTACK
    9:08 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

I dont understand why this is such a bad thing to say. Its the same as saying he was brave or what he did takes guts. Is it supposed to be bad because he said a gay guy has big balls?

6. Azubuike's Bicep
    9:10 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

What? That wasn’t a poorly phrased comment. Him saying that Collins has big balls has zero correlation to the topic at hand.

My opinion doesn’t matter, but I’ve always kept an open mind to your posts. I feel that some people blast you on here just because it’s the “thing to do.” However, I’m starting to think that you really are a terrible blogger. I’m not just saying it. I mean you are genuinely terrible at doing this.

7. The one that was REALLY courageous was Chris Broussard.

8. Roland
    9:11 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

At least Carmelo didn’t say Collins was “showing his ass in public”.

What time is the tattoo post?

9. jaxcats8503
    9:15 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Corey doesn’t even deserve to post on KSR College. His posts are worthless.

10. Carmeloanthony
    9:16 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

The quote was ” it takes beautiful balls… beautiful, beautiful balls, to do that” – love, Carmelo

11. Al's IndiCats
    9:21 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Maybe Carmelo is saying that by first hand knowledge…..Not that there’s anything wrong with that mind you!