I always thought that the first time I went on a tour bus, it would involve chugging bottles of whiskey with Tommy Lee or throwing deli meat at groupies with Axl Rose. I was wrong. Very wrong. As a part of our little promotional fair excursion today, The Man, The Myth, The Krebs and I took to the tour bus and the stage with country singer Candy Coburn, who played the fair Saturday night. I’m not the biggest country music fan in the world, so I hadn’t heard of her before we met, but it was cool because she confessed that she had no idea who the hell I was either. Fair enough. But she’s apparently a Cats fan, a big supporter of the fight against breast cancer and willing to do an interview with people that shouldn’t have been let within 500 feet of her bus, so that makes her family now. Candy Coburn, you can take your place between Kige Ramsey and Dave Baker at the KSR Thanksgiving table.
– There’s been quite a bit to take in over the past few days in terms of the 2012 class with Andre Drummond reclassifying and Ricardo Ledo apparently getting back on board with Providence. Over the next couple of weeks – and most certainly when Calipari returns from his Dominican excursion – there should be a little more clarity in terms of where Kentucky stands with 2012 guys and who is being separated as the top targets. When it’s all said and done, Cal will likely have five guys in the group.
– So how did UConn make room for Andre Drummond when their scholarships have been cut this season? Well, they’re still working on it. The new Calhoun puppet/athletic director is desperately trying to get a current player to qualify for financial aid before the season starts. This comes according to Andy Katz.
– Saturday night also brough the Boost Mobile Elite 24 game in California. Some guys went to there to have fun and play a little basketball. Mitch McGary went to break backboards and instill fear in the rest of the 2012 class. Mission accomplished.
XXXXXXX You’re welcome. XXXXXXX
And yes I know the video autoplays. Spare me your tips for fixing it. I can fix it too. But I miss the beach already and a nice morning swim in the pool of tears left in the comments section is something for me to look forward to. Cry away, my friends.
– If you didn’t make it out to Josh Harrellson’s autograph signing today, you missed Jorts wearing a shirt that said “Skilled In Every Position”. No one dared ask him to prove it, but it will forever be a nice touch to all of those photos he was taking with children. Kaboom!
– Finally, this is our last Saturday without college football. In honor of its return, we will include no notes. This symbolic tribute is also because I’d like to go to bed. So, this one’s for you college football.