Calipari’s message to Wiltjer

John Calipari took to Twitter this evening to address Kyle Wiltjer’s departure from the program:

I’m saddened that (Kyle Wiltjer) is leaving the program, but if he thinks it’s in his best interest to go somewhere else, I support his decision.  Here is what I sent Kyle after he told me of his final decision: “All’s good. Mrs. Cal & I are sad and disappointed but accept your decision. Thank you for helping us win a national title and working so hard for me the last two years. Go prove me right! You can play!! I will be here for you if you need me. Love you, kid.” (Kyle Wiltjer) will always be a part of the #BBN.

Article written by Drew Franklin

27 Comments for Calipari’s message to Wiltjer

1. Dee
    5:57 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

Coach Cal always a class act….

R.I.P WBA

Really going to miss you.

2. Michael
    6:09 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

I love Coach Cal and think he’s doing a great job since taking over @ UK. He is a saleman though, through and through. Some conversations could be kept quite. By posting the message he sent to Wiltjer for all to see, he had reminded me of those folks who are especially charitable only when others are looking. I think he handled the situation better than most coaches, but making the sentimental goodbye public has to be for recruits.

3. Reality
    6:13 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

Cow is only looking out for his own personal interests. What a pos.

4. PhilUK18
    6:15 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

Your opinions and comments are only “reality” in bizarro world

5. No, Get it Right
    6:18 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

#3-The truth is, you are the pos. And I don’t see how you can call someone “cow” given your girth.

6. Reality
    6:19 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

I would like to list my accomplishments in life. Done.

7. NorthernKYcatfan
    6:21 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

#3 Nice reality. Any other coach throws a hissy fit when a recruit leaves.

8. NorthernKYcatfan
    6:22 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

Or in this case, a player.

9. Haters gonna hate
    6:22 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

‘Reality’, I bet your life is miserable. Being an anonymous coward in a comment section isn’t going to help your karma any either. Be strong dude, get a job, ask that girl out on a date. You can overcome this; I have faith in you.

10. Lipset
    6:31 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

#3) you’re dead on point! Kyle will show the world what a player he can be with a coach that can recognize basketball smarts and fundamentals. These fools still don’t realize that a cool athletic dunk is worth the same amount of points as a lay up!! Kyle was the ONLY shooter we had!! How did all those athletes pan out for uk last year? Smarts wins games, not dunks! Kyle will be an all-american wherever he goes…. Book it!

11. Michael
    6:36 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

10- For one, Kyle most certainly was not the only shooter we have for next season. And two, I suppose since in your book smarts is more important than athletic ability you will have Harvard advancing far in your bracket next season… right?

12. rj
    7:27 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

3. you use the word “cow” a lot, are you a steer or a queer?, I bet you don’t have horns.

13. talent scout
    7:36 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

Look, the kid knew he was not going to be good enough to be a starter or contribute in a big way so he left where he thinks he can get some pt and have a chance at getting drafted. Its a business decision. as for being part of the big blue nation, well he will fade into obscurity over time.

14. Kev
    7:58 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

Pathetic. Where is Exum.

15. MHFaulkner
    8:14 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

This is exactly how you handle a transfer.

16. SeaCat
    8:19 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

Kyle needs steroids and growth hormone!
    Always has.
    What is his dad thinking?
    Very odd…

17. Big Poppa Pump
    8:28 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

Cal is nothing but a used car salesman.

18. And You Are?
    8:36 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

#17-And,you are What? That’s what I thought. Go back to your hole. Now.

19. Joe
    8:36 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

10. You are such an ignorant racist turd. It makes me so sick when people talk like athletic prowess and intelligence are exclusive of each other . I get it, if you can dunk and are black you’re a moron. But if you’re slow and white you know the “fundamentals” of the game. Shit makes me sick! Beat it clown!

20. Lip set
    9:47 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

19). How funny… You just spoke how you really feely but like to turn it around by saying me thinking a slow white dude is smart. Actually the combination of smarts and athletic ability is what makes a star, but you choose to assume that a white boy cant possess the latter. Larry bird IS walking thru that door! You and cal just wish to push him back out! Think of DUKE the next time them slow unathletic boys stomp your intelligent azz

21. Lip set
    9:50 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

11). I think Harvard went farther than your athletic cats did last year! Lmao

22. Mc
    10:20 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

Lip set, can you refresh my memory on what wiltjer’s shooting percentages were last year especially from inside the arc? Thank you.

23. lipset
    11:26 pm July 19, 2013 Permalink

22) you have anything relevant to discuss? just wait till he gets a chance to actually play a whole game and play his REAL position for the zags and then come back and chat

24. Mc
    1:29 am July 20, 2013 Permalink

Yes, lip set I do. You said he was the only shooter we had. He finished 3 of 21 from 3 and wasn’t a strong finisher inside the arc. He’s a streaky shooter. When he’s on it’s great. However, when the shot wasn’t falling and teams went right After him on D he was pulled. That simple. I know you’re a troll, so whatever. However he had a chance to play his true position, the 4. He just can’t guard a 4 or 5 and got pushed around. Hopefully he develops some strength or foot speed if possible and excels. This will have nothing to do with Mark Few and everything to do with him. Also, being able to dunk, or finish at the rim is a much higher percentage shot then missing a hook shot or 3.

25. crear la tienda online
    3:58 am July 20, 2013 Permalink

I don’t be aware the way I finished up right here, nevertheless i imagined this particular distribute had been great. I don’t recognise who you are and surely you will any renowned blogger if you ever aren’t presently. All the best!

26. rj
    5:38 am July 20, 2013 Permalink

lipset, am I wrong or weren’t klyles grades in the bottom half of the class? and if your talking about basketball smarts they really don’t help if you move like herman munster. before you comment again you should at least finish your classes at beauty college, can never have enough gay hairdressers.

27. rj
    5:41 am July 20, 2013 Permalink

before a troll comments, yes I know its kyle not klyle.