Calipari’s favorite song? Well…

The radio show has been as epic as expected this morning, but Erin Calipari may have just dropped the mic. Erin said her father’s favorite song is Train’s “Hey Soul Sister.” Yes, the easy listening tune that has haunted radio stations for the past three years is the one song that gets Cal’s Italian loafers a tappin’. Wow.

This one’s for you, Cal…

12 Comments for Calipari’s favorite song? Well…

1. Willy W
    11:01 am December 21, 2012 Permalink

I love coach but this is weird. I bet he likes to put butter on both sides of his bread too! What a freak!

2. Rockfield, KY
    11:05 am December 21, 2012 Permalink

3. Nick
    11:15 am December 21, 2012 Permalink

That’s it. Losing to Baylor at home I can deal with. But this? No. I’ve just got two words for ya: “Faar Calipari!”

4. Musehobo
    11:17 am December 21, 2012 Permalink

Ughhhh, one of the worst songs in the last 10 years. Disgusting.

5. Biglaw Dawgin'
    11:17 am December 21, 2012 Permalink

Let’s give Cal the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe he’s only heard it once or twice. I mean, the first time you hear it you’re like, ok, this is catchy. But when you turn on the radio and hear it everyday it makes your ears bleed. Let’s just assume Cal doesn’t listen to the radio.

6. Nick
    11:18 am December 21, 2012 Permalink

Seriously, this is one of the worst songs ever written.

The worst part is, I think they know, deep-down, that the song sucks in a passionate way. I doubt they even like it (well, maybe the lead singer does). But they don’t care, because they know that women like terrible music, and so it will sell in a big way. I hate you, Train.

7. CatTough
    11:56 am December 21, 2012 Permalink

Who knew Howie Mandell could play little guitar.

8. That Guy
    12:28 pm December 21, 2012 Permalink

#4 Not only song one of the worst bands in last 10 years. Awful. Those guys are so bad they make Rob Thomas and Matchbox 20 look talented.

9. hoag17
    1:05 pm December 21, 2012 Permalink

sorry, i like it and their new stuff too…call me a girl!

10. CAUKFAN
    1:47 pm December 21, 2012 Permalink

Hey KSR: Thanks for introducing me to that song. After hearing it just once, I’m sure it will be stuck in my head for the rest of my life!

11. Wildcatsteeler
    4:13 pm December 21, 2012 Permalink

It’s a great song and they have several others as well. I know it’s not “macho” enough for all the young guys on here that are still wrestling with their sexual identity. Hang in there though, you will eventually outgrow that nonsense and learn to appreciate all sorts of things you never thought possible.

12. rosie
    6:39 am December 22, 2012 Permalink

I love the insight into Cal’s musical taste. I think it shows his warmth and tender side. Loved the show with Erin. She should have a regular spot!