Calipari on the White House visit

UK Athletics released a quote from John Calipari about his team’s upcoming to trip to Barack Obama’s house:

“The amazing thing is the first thing that was said when the horn sounded in New Orleans was, ‘We’re going to the White House!’

“It’s one of those moments for these players that they have probably thought about without us even knowing that it was important to them. So I’m excited about the opportunity for them to meet the President of the United States, the Leader of the Free World and someone who is trying to make a difference in their lives.”

Now, Calipari needs to find a way to sneak DeMarcus Cousins into the White House during the visit. He deserves this trip.

“Hello, Mr. President, this DeMarcus Cousins.”

Article written by Drew Franklin

137 Comments for Calipari on the White House visit

1. Gary
    2:03 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Have they announced when the visit is? I live in the area and want to try and see the team when they land.

2. lol
    2:04 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

inb4 eastern kentucky conservatives screaming “SOCIALIST”

3. Alan Badillion Trahern
    2:05 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Its on Friday.

4. Gary
    2:10 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Thanks, I hadn’t scrolled down to that post yet.

5. UK Rollin
    2:14 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

This may not happen if the SEALS get to him first as pissed as they are at OB for trying to spike the football. The fact OB could become POTUS just shows how stupid the average American is about nearly everything; I’m still waiting for OB to buy me a new house.

6. tom
    2:15 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

1. I heard the mtng at the White House is at 4:50 pm on Friday

7. Sean
    2:16 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Too bad it is Obama they have to see, and not a true president worthy of praise. I wonder if he will try to turn the Cats into socialists when they visit. “Run boys!!!!”

8. Tim
    2:20 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

The White House should get used to seeing Cal & UK!

9. tltaworl
    2:21 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Obama is definitly trying to make a difference in their lives…unfortunatly. And on another note, it makes me throw up in my mouth to see his name on a Kentucky jersey.

10. tltaworl
    2:21 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Troy Williams kinda looks like Obama

11. Boo!
    2:22 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Sean is afraid of boogey-men. Boogey-man gonna gitcha Sean. He gonna gitcha.

12. YourBoyBlue
    2:23 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Calipari would forever be in graces if he declines the White House visit and burns the Obama jersey….now!!

13. YourBoyBlue
    2:24 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

*in my good graces…should’ve proofread that.

14. kentuckyrules
    2:27 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

All you “politicos” are on the wrong forum, sheesh…”he’s bad this, he’s bad that…blah blah blah”

You would be a hypocrite to say that one politician is bad for XYZ, but then praise another for XYZ…they are all from the same cloth, just a different shade…

15. Socialism
    2:28 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

I wish people would stop comparing Barack Obama’s political philosophy to me. It makes them sound ignorant and makes the masses think that I am not much different than a federal republic / western democracy / capitalist society, which I am.

16. kdsmith10000
    2:28 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#5- The seals and every other US military organization work for his office. As POTUS he is Commander-in-Chief, it is they (THE SEALS) who killed OBL, but it was Obama who gave the order just like any other sitting President and eitherway (Dem or Repub) the POTUS gets the credit. They understand that but I doubt you do. The Constitution gives him the authority and as such his administration gets the credit.

17. Boo!
    2:29 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

All of you rednecks are afraid of the boogey-man aren’t you?!?!? Booooooooooogey-man gonna gitcha!!!

18. Unclecarl
    2:30 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Correction…it’s NOT Obama’s house! It’s the PEOPLE’S house! Obama is just a temporary resident (hopefully only until Jan 2013).

19. Rob
    2:31 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Yo Matt, if you want a photographer/writer to go to the White House, hit me up! I can be there in under 5 minutes and would be all about it.

20. Alan Badillion Trahern
    2:31 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

14. Thank you! i wanted to say something, but you put it best. I could care less about anyones political views on here. I keep mine to myself, please everyone do the same.

21. Culver
    2:32 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Goldman Sachs is the largest donator to the Romney campaign…freaking big bankers ripping us little people off as usual. What…wait…the largest donator to the Obama campaign is Goldman Sachs as well?!? That makes no damn sense…unless…GEEZ!

22. kentuckyrules
    2:33 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#18: rooting for the “Louisville” of politics, huh? All the hope…no banners

23. Mack
    2:33 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

It doesn’t matter, the CATS should go to the White House anyway.

24. lldjr
    2:33 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Hello Mista Prezdent, dis D-macus Cuzzns

25. Tomas
    2:35 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Some of you people are insane.

26. Chuck Hayes
    2:36 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

44 is mine Obama

27. Tomas
    2:37 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

22. Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t a Republican stand in front of a banner declaring a false victory?

28. CCCP
    2:38 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#2, look, if your president is a socialist, embrace it. The guy wants to take away from us workers and give to the non-workers, that’s his goal. Also, I bet us non-socialists have given away a larger % of our income to charity than Barry or you for that matter.

29. kdsmith10000
    2:38 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#17- No they are not afraid of the boogey man, they are just flat out racist who cannot stand the ideal of a black man or person of color in the office of the POTUS. I’m from Clay County and am white so I know the hill billy side of it. I know the words that are used and the sterotyping that gets put out there. They are scared that because we have a black president that they are losing the “American way of life” or that someone is going to take their guns plus they hate anyone who is Ivy League educated. They want a commom man as POTUS who would truthfully never be able to handle the strain of the job.

30. GoCats2
    2:39 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

You all need to recognize that 7 out of 8 of our titles have come with a Democrat in the White House. Now thats a reason to vote for Obama!

31. InternationalPhilosophy
    2:43 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Some UK fans are idiots. The rest of us will elect Obama to a second term.
    Deal with it.

32. Mack
    2:44 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

30) Thought provoking……………

33. kywildcat
    2:45 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

A Democrat Presidential Candidate will never win the state of Kentucky, just stating the facts.

34. Sammydog
    2:46 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

I would bet most of the Cats support President Obama and will be thrilled to meet him. It is always an honor to meet the President and have your accomplishment recognized by the most important man in the world. To the team: enjoy your day at the the White House. Ignore the ignorant fans who are always fooled into voting against their own best interests.

35. kdsmith10000
    2:47 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

# 33- You are correct, however I cannot understand how several democratic governors have been elected and re-elected but nationally it’s always the GOP, except in Louisville.

36. Richie Farmer
    2:47 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Where’s the love guys? Can’t I get one of them jerseys?

37. rod007
    2:48 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Never thought the day would come that I would throw up looking at a UK Basketball Jersey. It is here.

38. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    2:48 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

7 – I hope he does turn them all into socialists, you conservative, money-hungry, greedy, oil loving fool!

39. rod007
    2:50 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

I hope the new lottery millionaires don’t forget to ask about how there new wealth will be spread

40. Boo!
    2:50 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#29….you are pretty much saying the same thing I am saying. I am a college educated, intellectual white male….a “liberal elitest”, if you will. Typically, the white male, brought up in rural areas, taught to hunt and fish and love guns and Jesus, didn’t either apply themselves in school or just weren’t born with the ability to learn. Therefore, instead of reasoning and listening to different arguments about complex subjects and thinking through ideas and notions, and being able to determine what is fact from what is fiction, they instead, rely on their fear. They fear that they and their type are losing everything. Things are changing and they are fearful that they will be left behind. The fact that a black man (really half black-half white) is in the oval office, only strengthens their fear that the white man aint gonna be rulin’ no mo. As one dumb white redneck on you-tube put it, “fo long, it be us ridin in the back a da bus.” The days of homophobia and racism and extremist religious views and conspiracy theories of the right are about over and it scares them. Obama is their “boogey-man”. And by “about over” I mean that in the next 50-100 years or so.

41. A Davis
    2:50 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

You can have some of my millions to spread

42. lol
    2:50 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

33 – Clinton.

43. Prez
    2:51 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Guess what. I’m a one and done as well

44. kentuckyrules
    2:52 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#27: LOL…you are right!

45. Mudcreekmark
    2:53 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

29) So if we don’t agree with Obama we are racist? I hate people like you that want to make race an excuse for everything. I would have never voted for Obama because I saw the church he had attended for 20 years preaching anti-white and anti-American sermons. Did you not see those videos? How can you be anti-America but yet get voted to be president? His wife even said it was the first time she had been proud to be an American when he got elected. So if he was defeated then they both would still hate America.

46. Derek Zoolander
    2:55 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

I built a school for kids who could not read good and could not do other things well.

47. Joan Calipari
    2:56 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Someone please post something about Anthony Bennett or John Wall.

48. TheNewOriginal
    2:57 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

40/ x2… Well said.

49. jim
    2:57 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

just b/c glenn or rush or hannity told you to think dems are socialists that doesn’t make it true. open up a book for once.

50. kentuckyrules
    2:58 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

A lot of butt-hurt folks in here. Remember we have elections people. If for some reason a true Communist politician ran for office and WON, guess what? We’d have to live with it. We elect who we want in charge, not pick by what we “think” we should be. Get over it. If it were an R in there, thats what the people would want, and everyone else would get over it. Its really time to move on, really. If you don’t like it, vote it out. If you fail in doing so, STFU.

51. Rupp
    2:58 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Let’s drop the racism discussions folks!

52. AMIRITE
    2:58 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

You rednecks who follow these players on twitter as recruits, watch their every move while they’re in a UK uniform and pay 50 bucks to meet them because you idolize them… need to realize that the players are all Obama fans, and WANT to meet him because they idolize him.
    So STFU, go clean your gun and let these kids enjoy the moment THEY want to have.

53. Boo!
    2:59 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#45…perfect example of what I am talking about. If you research what Rev. Wright said, in reality, it wasn’t that bad and somewhat true. I understand that and I am no mental heavyweight. Why can’t you? Go and read what Rev. Wright said and see if it isn’t true. And you really think Obama, OUR PRESIDENT, is anti-American. Thanks for helping me to prove my point.

54. Cat in KS
    2:59 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Here in Kansas I tell the locals that Cal was born in a Muslim country and attended a madrassa.
    Us Kentucky fans know all-too-well about haters.
    Obama and Cal have a lot in common.

55. Nauseated
    3:00 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#9, makes me even sicker to see Obummer’s name on a jersey with the same number Chuck Hayes and Dan Issel wore. I guess they couldn’t fit 16,000,000,000,000 on there.

56. Conway Twitty
    3:00 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

If only Conway’s favorite president…the greatest president of all-time…the supreme emperor of freedom…I’m talking George W….were there to greet the kids and show them what a real cocaine-snortin, cognac-drinkin, vacation-takin president is all about. If George W was still around, the US would have a surplus (even though we had a surplus under Clinton and Georgie put us deep into the deficit), unemployment would be at 2%, and there would be a chicken on every table. Long live George W!!

57. Bigbluecalizone
    3:00 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Nothing like a post that even mentions a political figure to bring all the loonies out. Why don’t you idiots shut the F**k up and go back to Fox or MSNBC, which ever side of the twisted track you reside on so the rest of us can celebrate our team’s sucess.

58. Culver
    3:02 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

40) Wow, someone sure took a huge swig of B.S. this morning. No doubt!

59. Oliver McGinnis
    3:04 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Go Obama. Seems like Cal has plenty of respect for the President.

60. Rupp
    3:04 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

“Racism doesn’t exist” should be on the next t-shirt.

61. ukkd
    3:05 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

you know a lot of “our” Kentucky basketball players probably really like the President and admire what he represents. A lot of Kentucky fans actually voted for him so I say keep you political opinion to yourself. The only thing we Kentucky fans share is our love of the team. So like religion or any other thing don’t assume we agree with your opinion unless of of course it is the fact that we thing the coach and players are super. Just because you idn’t vote for the President or from a rural area does not mean your a red neck or religious fanatic-you see it works both way.

62. Ciggy
    3:05 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

good for them, i am just a bit sick seeing that name on an uk jersey. Cal has some big balls for sure, being an obama supporter in kentucky, he deserves some credit for that.

63. GetReal
    3:09 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#40, your post reveals that you are not as nearly “intellectual” as you would like to think. Of course, you know what’s best for all of us. That’s part of your self-annointed superiority.

64. Kdsmith10000
    3:09 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#45- I cannot speak for you, but I can speak to the majority of whites I grow up with and am still in contact with in southeastern KY. Every political conversation I have with them comes back to the work ni&&er or some racist remark. I get the bible thrown up, even though I’ve read the bible many times and it seemed to me that Jesus spoke more about the greedy and rich than most anything else. To paraphrase, it would be easier for a camel to crawl through the eye of a needle than a rich man to make through the gates of heaven.

65. Cat in KS
    3:10 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Cal is not necessarily backing Obama, he is much too savy for that, living in a solid red state. He is simply giving the respect that the office is due…
    Unlike some of us KY fans, who just can’t get past whatever it is that is bothering them.

66. Boo!
    3:10 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Culver is afraid of the boogey-man too.

67. Ek proud of it
    3:11 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#34 our best interest are you crazy. I’m am a casualty of Obamas war on coal. How is it in my best interest to vote for him.#40 I would compair my transcript aginst yours any day. Just because we live in the mountains doesn’t mean we’re uneducated

68. AMIRITE
    3:11 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

62 – Cal is in touch with the next generation of Kentucky fans, and Kentucky players. He doesn’t care about the bluehairs and rednecks.

69. JBR
    3:13 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

I never have understood the masses of stupid, backwards people that vote against their own interests just because some arrogant, rich piece of crap uses the bible and killing brown people and gay marriage and on and on to scare them. Man, to all you STUPID conservatives, why don’t you just let the smart people take care of you for a while and STFU and give it a rest. It is getting old…it is embarassing that a party actually thinks that an education is an arrogant thing. Just stay at home, clean your guns, beat your sister-wife, and drink and smoke yourself into a stuper…and DON’T vote, because then you end up with people like Richie and Fletcher in office…

70. John
    3:13 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Go Big Blue! I hope they have a great time!

71. Cat in KS
    3:13 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Flying my Kentucky flag here in Kansas, makes me feel….like an Obama supporter in Hazard.

72. Boo!
    3:14 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

^^^#69 gets it. Well said.

73. AMIRITE
    3:15 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

68) let’s do a little work on your comment shall we?
    “#34 our best interest are you crazy. ” should have been:
    ” ‘Our best interest’ – are you crazy? ”

“I’m am a casualty of Obamas war on coal.How is it in my best interest to vote for him.”
    correction – “I am a casualty of Obama’s ‘War on Coal’ (Fox News reference). How is it in my best interest to vote for him?”

“#40 I would compair my transcript aginst yours any day. Just because we live in the mountains doesn’t mean we’re uneducated”
    should have been (lol because of the transcript chest-puff):
    “I would COMPARE my transcript AGAINST yours any day.”

74. Cat in KS
    3:17 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Actually I am impressed with the number of fans here that have spoken up, rather eloquently, to shut the haters down.
    Go Kats!

75. kdsmith10000
    3:17 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#69-Pretty funny stuff. I agree, I have a BBA in Accounting and have to defend myself pretty much to everyone that I grew up with in SE KY because I believed that education was the key to happiness and prosperity and I wanted some learnin…..

76. Manbearpig
    3:18 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

NERD FIGHT!!!!!

77. Red-Headed Chicken
    3:19 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

This has nothing to do with politics people! Its a tradition that all championships teams from various sports visit the White House no matter what party is there. Its an honor to go no matter who is there as the president, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Roosevelt, Cartman, or Scooby-Doo. Nothing to do with politics so get over yourself.

78. Mudcreekmark
    3:24 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

53)In talking about 9-11 Wright quoted Malcolm X on the phrase The Chickens Came Home to Roost and that the US never thought that they would come home to roost this quickly.Then went on a rampage about the atrocities that the United States have committed. From stealing the land from the Indians to bringing over slaves to killing people in Iraqi and modern day terrorism the US was committing. He called the US terrorists. Most telling is the phrase The Chickens Came Home TO Roost. This phrase was used by Malcolm X when asked how he felt when he heard that President Kennedy had been assassinated and he said that it was a case of chickens coming home to roost. He added that ” chickens coming home to roost never made me sad;they always made me glad.”In other words, he was glad that 9-11 happened and we deserved it.All the members of the congragation are clapping and shouting in approval to this sermon.Yea that is the church I want my president to attend every Sunday. If it was a president attending KKK rallies every weekend I think it would have been a pretty big deal and not swept under the rug.

79. Paducah Patty
    3:28 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

I agree with all that Cal said except the very end of his statement. I’m proud of Coach Cal and the boys and happy for them.

80. Cat in KS
    3:30 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Holy Jayhawk breast for dinner, Mudrake-mark!
    This is not the place to discuss your alternate reality.
    Shouldn’t you be trolling on Huffington Post, or NewsMax, or someplace where people expect your rantings?
    We come here to celebrate EIGHT, not your HATE!

81. Mudcreekmark
    3:37 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Someone came after me for disagreeing with their opinion. I just stated my opinion about Obama and tried to give a reason why I feel the way I feel about him. Go watch the sermons on Youtube. It isn’t hard to find. Watch the reaction by the members of this church at these outlandish remarks he is making. They are all in agreement with what he is saying, clappping, shouting etc.If I were sitting in a church and a preacher said these things I would get up and walk out and never go back again. Obama kept going back Sunday after Sunday for 20 years listening to this.

82. GetReal
    3:40 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

kdsmith, if you have a degree in accounting, then surely you understand 16 trillion in debt and no chance of it decreasing as long as BO is in office. And no budget for this country since 2009? Please explain that. And don’t offer that crap about the Buffet Rule…absolute propaganda.

83. ThankfulCat
    3:40 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#69(how appropriate)

And you would bash me and call me every name in the book for standing up for waht I believe in.

The Bible is all truth
    Jesus is the only way to Heaven
    Homosexuality is a sin
    All have sinned and homosexuality is no worse than any of the other sins we commit

now here is where you call me a bigot and a homophobe

Yet the whole bigot thing gets shot down by this one fact.

Heaven is big enough for all of us and Jesus will accept you. All you gotta do is ask.

84. Boo!
    3:44 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#78, YOU infer from what he said that he was glad 9/11 happened. Not me. I don’t infer that at all. What he means is that for things to be right, sometimes bad things have to happen. The US is responsible for way more than 3000 deaths in the world. What the US has done to people of other countries pales in comparison to the number we lost on 9/11. You can trim this argument down to local life. Everyone has bad people in their neighborhoods. If that person continues to do bad things, then the chickens will eventually come home to roost, meaning sometimes, karma is a bitch. Rev. Wright’s speech was basically about karma. I’d say those in attendance that day that Rev. Wright spoke were mostly black and they were cheering because they can relate to what he was saying. Y’know, with that little slavery bit they went through and all.

85. forever blue
    3:46 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

i agree completely with #9. it is so sickening to see obama`s name on a ky jersey. let`s put this race allegation to rest, which says if you dislike obama, then you are racist. i would enjoy seeing herman cain serve as our next president. he is an american success story. my favorite supreme court justice is clarence thomas. every day, i watch in horror as we go farther downhill under the socialist obama.

86. Cat in KS
    3:48 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

I too would be a thankful Cat, if we could keep religion out of this as well as politics.
    We are all truly united behind the team.
    Why are you trying to divide us, bringing up your hate?

87. this is fun
    3:50 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

81- Great point! but thats not what these libs want to hear. They think its cool to hate America. They will spin,spin, spin anything thats negative on Obama. It doesnt matter. Just like the person earlier in the post talking about fear and Repubs. That is hilarious. Obama and his posse do nothing but spread fear everyday. Thats how they keep their party in line. Anger and fear. No facts, just name calling and spin.
    Ask them what they think about these occupy people wanting to blow up bridges. Im sure its our fault due to racism, homophobia blah blah blah.
    Having said that, I hope the champs have a safe trip and a good time.

NATIONAL CHAMPS!!

88. Boo!
    3:50 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#85, what sickens you about Obama? What has he done to make your life so miserable? I mean if you are “sickened” by him, he must have really affected your life in some miserable way right?

89. kdsmith10000
    3:57 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

# 82- Surely you understand that our national debt cannot decrease if we cut our tax revenues. You cannot pay the bills you have incurred if you take a pay cut. There was a commonsense approach offered by this administration which included both tax increases/reform and entitlement cuts which your GOP brothers and sisters in congress were unwilling to do. Obama offered them a grand deal, raise taxes on the rich and he would agree to cut spending on all entitlements and the Military which would have given us a sound fiscal policy moving forward. What did the GOP do, they said NO bacause it was all or nothing for them. They signed Grover Norquist’s pledge and that was that. Give me a break, this country was founded on compromise and that each person was as important as the next, no matter their income but that’s not the GOPs belief. Most large corporations don’t give a crap about you or me, they would just as soon ship your job overseas for $1 a day wages and still charge the same for the good and pocket the rest. There’s no fair deal as long as we have lobbist (and yes the Dems are as guilty as the GOP) and pandering to each parties base. I don’t believe in reckless spending but I do believe that at the time Obama was elected he had no choice. We were in a recession to end all recessions and since the private sector had basically shut down he had no choice but to spend and spend more. If not for his spending this recession would be the 2nd coming of the Great Depression. Your president George W. Bush gave the 1% almost $1 Trillion in tax breaks during his administration and how did that turn out for this country. i’m not implying that Obama is the second coming what I am stating is that this trickle down economic model doesn’t work to well and that I don’t believe that we can take all the money that the poor and disabled get just so the rich can have a tax break, a bigger house, a new boat and car, etc. If you don’t like what I’m saying then to bad. I have sympathy for those who are unable to work or that just don’t have the means or support system to better themselves and as a conservative, who I bet believes in God, I would hope you do to.

90. Boo!
    3:58 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

God I hate rednecks. I hate rednecks and dumb people in the same way a person hates black people. Rednecks don’t deserve a say in anything. I wish they didn’t have the right to vote. All they are doing is screwing up this country. You Obama haters think the country is in bad shape now, just wait for the next republican administration. It only took Bush 8 years in office to ruin this country. You think Obama is to blame for everything bad right now. What Bush did to this country will take many more than 4 years to fix.

91. Tomas Clark
    4:02 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

85. Of course the two you mentioned both sexuallly harrassed their subordinates and have not moral character at all.

92. Blake
    4:05 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Herman Cain? You have to be kidding me.

93. wtf
    4:05 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Some of you people are insane – and not in the endearing Calipari likes to say way. You don’t really believe most people think the way you do…do you?
    This is a sports site maybe we should just keep it to that.
    The team is visiting the President of the United States – he is the President whether you like him or not – embrace that for your team, university and state.

94. Pikeville
    4:06 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Yoo kan have te kees too te citi, Barrako.

95. tmack
    4:09 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Gives me chills to see tha piece of crap put on our jersey!remember our state didnt vote for that tool!!!

96. Betsy Lane
    4:10 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

STFU, Pikeville, you racist city boy. Or this country boy will show you how to be really cute.

97. Barack the Dog eater
    4:13 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Why did I seek out Marxist proffessors in college like I said I did in my book? It sure wasn’t to debate with them about their wrong ways. Why was my budget voted down in the house of reps by every single repub and dem. How are we supposed to cut spending when the dem contolled senate hasn’t put together a BUDGET in 3 yrs? Why eat the rich? You could take every single penny from the 1% and it wouldn’t even pay for one yr’s worth of the deficit. Then who’s money do you take? We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem. By the way the repubs suck too.

98. Betsy Lane
    4:13 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

@ tmack
    It wasn’t exactly unanimous, you know.
    Do you hate all of the democrats in Kentucky, too?
    Like it or not he is the duly elected 44th President of the United States.
    Of course if you are still in the Confederacy, I understand.

99. Mtn Wildcat
    4:14 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Wow…. The US is really dumbing down rapidly…. and unfortunately, it looks like Ky is leading the way! but condider who would vote in McConnell, R Paul, and R Farmer, and try to defend W, and you seen what I mean. It’s so funny that the very people our President is trying to help the most, are the very ones too racially blind and prejudice to see it. Just let our Team that we love and appreciate, have a great visit to the WH and meet the President, and quit trying to ruin their fun with your hate. I am a huge Ky fan, but this is embarassing to read some of the hate-filled trashy garbage being spewed in these comments! Go Big Blue!

100. Mudcreekmark
    4:16 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

84) You have your opinion and I have mine on what he meant and at least we can have a civil disagreement. The last thing I’ll say about all this, and you will have a hard time defending Rev. Wright about this one, is when he said You say God Bless America, I say God Damn America. I’ll hang up and listen.

101. Betsy Lane
    4:16 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

@97
    what would happen if we took every single penny from the welfare payments? Wouldn’t balance the budget either.
    Do you know what filibuster means?
    Do you know what branch of govt is responsible for a budget every year?

102. BravoBigBlue
    4:18 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Just because someone is against obama, doesn’t mean they are:

1. Racist
    2. A fan of Rush Limbaugh
    3. Ignorant, illiterate, or intolerant.

In fact, if you are against obama, chances are you care about the United States of America. Stand up and be heard and don’t worry about the name-callers. Liberals are pussies.

103. kdsmith10000
    4:21 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#97-It’s funny that BO is trying the same type of fiscal approach that Bill Clinton used and he’s the only POTUS that I can remember in my life time that actually had a surplus and was able to get on the right side of our debt. Just cutting spending will not work, you still have the interest that keeps piling up and then you will have all of the poor and disabled dying on the streets that will have to be taken care of or that crime rate that will increase once you take away what public assistance that is out there. I grew up poor as hell, my mother was disabled and on welfare while I was growing up, I had 1 pair of jeans to wear to school every day but I kept them washed and my hygiene up with the believe that education was my primary opportunity for a better life. To listen to most of these GOP idiots they would cut or close the dept of education, cut all spending, etc. If you think that the solution then you better make sure your guys are loaded because crime will increase 10 fold, unless you are so rich that the gates to your gated community will keep you safe.

104. Most Black People
    4:22 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

I vote for Obama because he looks like me!

105. LOO LOO
    4:24 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

89.) What sucks is that your are one hundred percent right and the idiots on this post will probably not read the whole thing. They act like he just spent 16 trillion, there is more to it than that.

83.) Your sir are a bigot, and explain to me the dinosaurs.

90.) Its really funny how uneducated people beleive they can run a country better than a college grad. It is amazing beyond all belief.

87.) What about all of the white supremicist plots to assasinate Obama and your shitty musician friend Ted Nugent. Nutcases are on all sides of the aisle.

106. jwcatfan
    4:24 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Republicans are despicable and vile creatures.

107. Wild Blue
    4:27 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

If there is a pick up game on the White house court I hope Anthony Davis blocks every shot of Osama, uh I mean Obama, and I hope Kid-Gilchrist dunks all over him.

108. Mudcreekmark
    4:27 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

99) I don’t defend any politicians, Republican or Democrat. I for one has my own mind and my own opinions on every different issue. I don’t pigeon hole myself by saying that I’m a Democrat so I believe in this, that and the other. There are issues that I agree with Republicans on then there are things that they say and believe that I just don’t believe in.(Gays, abortion are two examples that make me cringe when I hear Santorum or whoever go off on these issues).However, I do believe in less government and less regulation. I think we all can agree that there is way too much waste of taxpayers money and until we learn to stop spending money and creating positions for all our buddies, there can never be enough tax money coming in. The government will find ways to blow through it and much more.(We spent almost a trillion dollars on stimulus money that no one can account for,)

109. LOO LOO
    4:29 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

102.) Your our last sentence shows hoe ignorant you are. You just said don’t worry about the name-callers and immediately called someone a name. hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

110. Pray for BO(barack's dog)
    4:46 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

101. I never said take away all wefare, nice strawman. How’s about stop spending money on turtle tunnels and studies to see why pig farms smell like shit. I don’t mind helping those who TRULY need help, but I’ve seen way too much fraud and abuse. I’m sure Mr. Clay co. has seen generations of families on welfare where disability abuse is rampant.

Do you know that the dems had a filibuster proof congress till they seated Scott Brown? Why didn’t they pass a budget then?

Yeah, the house has passed several budgets, the senate must pass theirs for them to table the plans.

“The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion dollars for the first 42 presidents — number 43 added $4 trillion dollars by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion dollars of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child,” Obama said on July 3, 2008, at a campaign event in Fargo, N.D.
    He actually said that was unpatriotic. What does 6 trillion make him in 3 years?
    “That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic,” said candidate Obama.

111. kdsmith10000
    4:49 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

# 110- You sir are a complete asshole.

112. JustSayin
    4:50 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

All the Repubs which want to blame Obama for the national debt please look at the below. Argue with the facts if you can.

113. kdsmith10000
    4:52 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#110- Not you, damn KSR post monitoring and deletion. My post was meant for BravoBigBlue Says:

114. Mudcreekmark
    4:55 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

(1)$30 Million sent to help Pakistani Mango was part of a 4 year $90 million effort to boost hiring and sales among Pakistani businesses funded through the US Agency for International Development.
    (2)$100-150 million spent annually on retirement and disability benifits paid to dead federal employees
    (3)$10 million spent to create Pakistani Sesame Street.

Yea, we need to raise taxes so we can waste money on this type of shit.

115. Proud Liberal
    5:01 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

I pains me to see so many decrying government spending for our citizens. The GOP simply doesn’t get it anymore. Do your stint in the military serving our country (as I did) Go to college and get a degree on the GI Bill (as I did) Say thank you and show appreciation for the leg up from our fellow citizens better off than we were. Work your entire adult life and pay your taxes with no special “favors” from your political cronies (as I did) Care about roads, bridges, infrastructure, clean air and clean water. Follow the teachings of Christ and care for the least of our citizens. Leave your community a little better than you found it. Check in on your elderly neighbors. Buy cookies from the Scouts (when the time comes) Contribute to your favorite charity. Follow the golden rule and in the end….be thankful for the gifts we have been given during this short time on earth.

You see, I am a working Liberal and family man. My wife and I helped to put three kids through college and watched them grow into successful adults in their own right.

I have been blessed to live in an America that is one of the most generous countries on earth and demonstrated concern about my future. It mattered.

With the extreme right wing today, I see nothing but fear mongering, negativism, and privatization for the sole purpose of increasing the personal weath for just a few privileged people at the expense of the many.

116. Pray for BO(barack's dog)
    5:02 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

If you want the U.S. to end up like Greece, keep voting for Barack. The dems have controlled the major urban cities for over 50 yrs. Look at the success stories like Detroit, Chicago, and Cleveland. No jobs, high crime, and high taxes. Companies are leaving the peoples republic of California FASTer than you can say FURIOUS! In 2008 people voted for Obama to prove they weren’t racist, in 2012 people will vote against him to prove they aren’t stupid.

117. theWilkman
    5:12 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

When I want honest political debate, I visit kentuckysportsradio.com

118. Mudcreekmark
    5:14 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

116) The only racist voters in 2008 were the black voters. How can 95% of a certain population vote for the same person for any other reason? If a woman ran for president I highly doubt that nearly the entire female population would have voted for the female. Blacks showed their true colors, no pun intended, in that election and the OJ Simpson verdict.Everyone in the US knew OJ did it except for every black person.

119. jwcatfan
    5:27 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 8 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 22 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

Obama has done a very good job.

120. JustSayin
    5:28 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Good lord 118 we have recruits reading this board. I’m sure they are impressed with your black voters are racist theme. I won’t even try to argue your point. I can’t find the embarrassed icon for the screen.

121. BingleJells
    5:32 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

If I had a son, he’d look like Richie Farmer.

122. UK #9
    5:59 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

I wonder how many of these political slams aimed at the president are racially motivated. Could it be by the very same “fans” that call african american players on other teams names while at the same time kissing the butts of the ones in blue? If you are racist, go elsewhere with your ignorance. Make up your minds, no matter how small they may be…

123. Mudcreekmark
    6:31 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

120)Just stating the facts.My point is, what if 95% of the white population voted against Obama in 2008? There would have been riots in the streets and possibly a race war. Those numbers don’t lie.

124. Mudcreekmark
    6:32 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Think about what I just said and answer honestly.

125. Alton Michael
    6:51 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Mudcreekmark, you sir, are a racist. Go kill yourself please.

126. Boo!
    6:56 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#100 Mudcreekmark….Rev. Wright said God Damn America. What does that mean? From Wiki: “Damnation (from Latin damnatio) is the concept of everlasting divine punishment and/or disgrace, especially the punishment for sin as threatened by God (e.g. Mark 3:29). A damned being “in damnation” is said to be either in Hell, or living in a state wherein they are divorced from Heaven and/or in a state of disgrace from God’s favor.” I guess you seriously believe that the United States of America has done no sin? This country is sin free? Did you bury your head in the sand during history class? Or are you like a lot of other religious people and rationalize away some sins over others?? “well some sins are done out of the country’s safety…blah blah blah. And some sins, like slavery we didn’t know any better…”? Rev. Wright was pointing out to his congregation that the county has done MANY sins and karma will be a bitch and you can’t expect everyone to just LUV LUV LUV the United States. I love this country, but I’ll bbe the first to admit that it aint perfect. I don’t believe in the bible, but I guess you do. And you can’t take what God deems a sin and rationalize it away to support your position. A sin is a sin. God should damn America for the atrocities it has undertaken. Pretty simple to me.

127. Mudcreekmark
    7:17 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

125)Instead of name calling, why not give me a logical reason for the numbers that I presented? Also, give me your opinion on what would have happened if 95% of the white race voted against Obama.This is a blog to give opinions. Lets hear yours. Not just name calling but give me the reasons why you do not agree with my statements. You cannot because I gave facts and you don’t have any facts or even an opinion about things you just stoop to name calling and wishing someone dead because his opinion doesn’t mirror yours.

128. Mudcreekmark
    7:24 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

126) At least you are smart enough to at least come back with an argument. I don’t agree with it but I do appreciate you at least giving me food for thought. I do know that we screwed the Indians and was horribly wrong with slavery and I guarantee we have killed many innocent people throughout history but I still don’t agree with saying that 911 was justified and pay back is a bitch coming from my preacher.

129. Alton Michael
    7:27 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Fact: I wish all racists were dead.
    Opinion: I also think you are an idiot.
    Logical Reason for my opinion: See your posts above.
    Fact #2: Black people in power give you nightmares just like
    Genesis Diamonds does to Tom Shane.
    Question: What all white team do you root for b/c I know you cant stand the thought of watching black athletes on that little tv that sits on top of the big broken tv in your trailer.

130. Boo!
    7:38 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#128….maybe Rev. Wright was saying 9/11 was justified. I don’t agree. I don’t think 9/11 was justified at all. But there are reasons that 9/11 was planned and carried out by the terrorists and it’s those reasons, whether right or wrong, that America has to be aware of. 9/11 was no different than the Oklahoma City bombing. The terrorists have a cause. 9/11 was the way they chose to fight that cause. Timothy McVeigh had a cause too. He chose to bomb that federal building to fight for his cause. Both violent and inhumane and unthinkable acts, for sure. And NOT condoned. But both Bin Laden and McVeigh didn’t just decide to do those things because they were bored. We’ve got to be a better nation. We can’t claim to have the moral high ground and claim to be the best country on Earth, when sometimes we fall to the level of other barbaric countries. That’s a pipe dream though. There will ALWAYS be things that this country does that is considered sinful. Just like the middle east will never be settled.

131. Mudcreekmark
    7:48 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

129) You are either very uneducated or very young so I’ll give you a pass.

132. brick tamlin
    8:10 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!

133. Boo!
    8:16 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Boy, that escalated quickly… I mean, that really got out of hand fast. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?

134. Perfect Patterson
    10:18 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Who is this Obama guy everyone keeps talking about?

135. Digger Phelps
    10:33 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

LOL I bet it burns some of you quasi-repubs up that Cal is a big time liberal.

136. Digger Phelps
    10:35 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

Even worse is the fact Obama has a higher IQ than you. Ouch,

137. PJ Willis
    10:46 pm May 1, 2012 Permalink

#129 – I don’t care who you are, thats funny right there! Tom Shane? His commercials are nails on a chalkboard. LOLOLOL