Calipari daughters fire back at "fans"

The last 24 hours have not been pretty for Kentucky fans. When the day started with College GameDay, we all thought that this could be a day to remember. It is safe to say that did not happen. Zion Williamson shocked pretty much everyone and committed to Duke and Kentucky looked flat in a performance against Florida at home.

Like any instance, when a team is struggling the head coach is the first to be blamed. I am by no means saying that I disagree with some of the criticism of Calipari this season, but at the same time there are some “fans” that are taking it overboard.

Throughout Calipari’s tenure at Kentucky, his daughters have continuously come to his side when some fans start to turn on him. Today has been no different. The Calipari daughters are responding this morning on Twitter to fans.

Jerry Tipton took the first responses:

Then came the so-called “fans”

Then it was Megan’s turn

I am just wondering when people will learn not to cross the Calipari daughters. Did no one learn from this incident?

Erin Calipari schools bartender talking smack about her dad

Long story short is this… we get it. You are frustrated with how the team is playing this year. Do you not think Cal isn’t frustrated as well? He obviously wants this team to succeed more than anything. Stop tweeting at his daughters. Trust me when I say this. It won’t end well.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Sam Gormley

Follow me on Twitter @GormleyKSR; "The Whitest Man in the World"-JRock

85 Comments for Calipari daughters fire back at "fans"

1. Bull Filmer
    6:13 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Cool Family. My mom knows this. I love smart gals. I love Jewish gals.Good luck. Great Family.

• syrin23
      7:20 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Except they are WRONG! Cal’s job is to win championships for UK, not to turn UK into an NBA developmental league that might win as a side effect. Show me his contract and a single sentence about sending players to the NBA as his top priority. His JOB is to win, everything else is secondary. This is intellectual immaturity on their part at best.

• FACTS
      7:32 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Exactly, I don’t mind sending them to the NBA by our job is to win. Also they are making the argument that Cal cares about the well being of the teenagers more than winning. First of all we all care about them but what is wrong with them,there well being is fine. I don’t see them run into a locker room after a game crying because they lost. Btw all I see Cal do is put down his players. Knox has lost much of his confidence because of Cal. These are facts and Facts don’t care about your feelings.

• BigBlueNationDude
      8:16 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Agree syrin.

2. 502CodeRed
    6:17 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

The tallest daughter favors mom and the shortest looks like dad. Brad looks kinda like…….Rick Pitino? DOH!

• Eazy
      6:21 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

They are pretty hot. Damn

• 502CodeRed
      6:24 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Agree. I think the short daughter is a Dr or soon to be,

• Booby Petrino
      8:53 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Look, it’s lil code still sweating uk. First you came here for the Louisville posts, then you claim to come here because you’re following Zion’s recruitment. No excuse this time, you’re simply jocking uk and cal. And I’m sure his daughters wouldn’t be interested in a loser like you.

3. jflem514
    6:18 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Quit bashing Cal. He’s still one of the best in the game even if he has slipped a little. We should still be loaded next year. And this year isn’t OVER! Have y’all not learned that almost every team he has had here has peaked at the right time? This isn’t the first team he’s had to not be dominant all year. He still got them clicking at the right time.

4. Skeps
    6:20 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Oh dear God, no! His daughters are mad at us? The humanity! I’m glad they too put players wallets above the University of Kentucky. I see the err of my way now. I will burn all my UK gear and wear Calipari shirts since 18 year old “kids” built our program. Not like Kentucky had anything to do with helping them succeed. What’s up with the author of this article writing fans with quotation marks? I’m going to start using quotation marks for the “fans” that criticize other fans that dare to be concerned about the direction of the program.

• KYcats11
      6:38 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Submit resume below

• Skeps
      6:56 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

I did. Still waiting for Mitch Barnhardt’s call. Because I submitted it do I have my first amendment rights back, or do all my comments need to be sent to Mitch Barnhardt for approval?

• CatsfaninFL
      7:14 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

First ammendment rights? Is Congress here taking away your free speech?! If you’re going to stand like a coward behind the Bill of Rights, at least spend 5 min to read it.

• Blue Bill
      7:01 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Quotation marks are for you fairweather bandwagon fans who rah rah rah when they’re winning and then bash the team and throw them all under the bus when they’re not 38-0.

• Skeps
      7:15 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

I believe they’re for you Blue Bill. Actually cheer for Kentucky during the season instead of the NBA draft.

• Skeps
      7:22 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Oh yes. I have a differing opinion. I’m doing great harm by not toeing the line. I’m told constantly to STFU and GTFO.

5. BlueDew
    6:24 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

I believe these 18 year olds are getting a world class education to play here. It’s not like they are playing for free. Ask any parent that is footing the bill for their child to attend, around $12,000 plus room and board.

• Skeps
      7:00 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

How dare you sir. We are supposed to worship the ground the players walk on because this basketball program never achieved anything until they arrived.

• catsarerunnin
      7:05 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Fat,drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son…

• Skeps
      7:13 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

I suggest a lifestyle change there for you then, guy. You’re not living a healthy lifestyle.

• Jiminy Crickets
      9:16 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

I just submitted my daughters tuition, $4900 for the semester. Plus I pay $500/month for her room. So not counting her meal plan, it’s costs about $16000 a year. But I’m supposed to feel sorry for the “kids” playing at UK, getting everything free, living in Coal lodge with personal chefs, and world class training facilities. What was I thinking just being a mad “fan” because the team I grew up watching looks like a NBA minor league regardless of results. Our NIT team had 2 guys go pro after losing 12 games. Mind boggling people are just now getting frustrated

• The Original WTF Guy
      10:39 am January 22, 2018 Permalink

Jiminy Crickets, sounds to me like your daughter is getting everything “free” too. But does she also more or less have a full time job, one that is analyzed to the infinite detail by thousands of people around the world? I doubt it.

6. UKPROF
    6:30 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Which is more important if you find yourself as the Head Basketball Coach at the University of Kentucky…(1) winning basketball games and hopefully National Championships, or (2) seeing how many of your kids you can get into the NBA? Just curious. Do we have our priorities right?

• BBNDan7
      6:45 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Your job as a staff member at a school of any level is to prepare your students for life beyond. So yes, Cal is doing his job. Y’all act like we are an nit team every year

7. klassact32
    6:32 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

I pretty much quit watching UK basketball and used to be a fan. The one and done has soured me and I am no longer interested in putting players in the NBA. I find it amusing that Cal takes credit for putting these kids in the NBA. The truth of the matter is there are very few he has put there. I can only think of a handful. The one and dones would go without him. I think he would find it more gratifying having a player stay around 4 years, earn a Degree and continue with life.

8. Catlogic15
    6:41 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

It’s when it comes to this that I am embarrassed to be a UK fan. Attacking the coach’s daughter? Shame. A crying shame.

9. ScoggDog
    6:42 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

You know …

… I have not watched a complete game for quite a few seasons. The product is unwatchable. Not all Cal’s fault. I still come here for the football – and the always fun UofL news – and the random Matt Jones essay about things other than basketball that I usually find insightful and entertaining.

But you know – the “Support the Team or STFU” crowd is getting old. Just like the “If you can’t do better, GTFO” bunch.

But I have to give the Calipari Girls a little bit of credit. They pegged me. I’m just not a UK Basketball Fan anymore. Anymore – it just takes too much effort for not enough fun. I miss the old days when it wasn’t a sin to tell the bank guard joke about Joe B Hall. I cracked that one on the bus to Elementary School.

The rest of y’all enjoy it. I really do hope you do.

• Bobbum Man
      6:51 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Wait wait let me guess…. your one of the “we need a roster of all Kentucky kids regardless of if they’re good or not cause it’s theyre dream!” Kinda fans? I’m sorry basketball has changed over the last 30-40 years, if you guys think for a second we could fire cal and find anyone better I’d have to say your sorely mistaken. None of the top candidates would leave their teams to come here, and not many coaches can handle the pressure and scrutiny the way Cal does. I still love Cal and wouldn’t trade him for anyone even if we have to settle for a few classes of only 2-3 top 15 players instead of 4-5 🙂

• IAmTheDanger
      9:47 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Well said ?

• IAmTheDanger
      9:48 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Well said Bob…that question mark is supposed to be a thumbs up.

• Skeps
      7:06 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Excellent job at reading his comment Bobbum Man. You proved his point.

• catsarerunnin
      7:07 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

You watch UK football because UK basketball is unwatchable? I’m speechless.

• henderblue
      9:12 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Good point there

• Cletis75
      7:30 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

I remember the 2nd season of Calipari. We looked about unwatchable at times. Severe growing pains. At seasons end they click,boom, final four run! Julius Randle season, 8 seed, unwatchable games, horrid offensive play,boom the best tournament run to me in my lifetime. 8 seed,toughest bracket, Willie out, still go to the final. You people p!ss me off!

• Biscuits Old Dad
      12:29 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

Effort? It takes effort ? How much “effort” have you put into being a “fan”? Turning on the TV? Going to a game? Wow, you probably need a nap there, junior.

10. huck
    6:56 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Some don’t seem to understand why some of us are disappointed and some downright pissed. I will try and paraphrase a story for you: I’m a hard working old farmer boy, have some tobacco and cows – pretty nice house that I have worked on for 25 years. Met some new friends, one named BillyG, and felt bad that when they came to visit – had to drive up mushy 1/2 dirt driveway… so I decided that I would hire someone to put in a blacktop drive (to my house) so that when friends came to visit, they didn’t have to drive through mush.

I hired a guy to put that their drive in and when it was all done, he said here you go… “I decided that the best thing for you was for me to: cut through your tobacco patch, cross the creek and then divide your hay and corn field…. across the hill, to the other road, with gravel. The neighbors can get too town much quicker that way.”

• kykats
      7:02 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Get off Cal’s back! These are freshmen! Cal is FAR better than many of the BBN deserve. Can’t be a contender for nattys every year.

• Blue Bill
      7:05 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Let’s just rehire Billy g, tubby, Eddie, or rick??

• BigBlueNationDude
      8:18 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Bill says the same thing every post.

• Biscuits Old Dad
      12:33 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

I suppose whatever the hell you said means something, but it has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

11. ScoggDog
    6:59 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

[i]Wait wait let me guess…. your one of the “we need a roster of all Kentucky kids regardless of if they’re good or not cause it’s theyre dream!” Kinda fans?[/i]

Nope.

In the beginning … I was firmly in the notion that “I don’t care how well you play Chess, if all you have is Pawns and I recruit a few Queens”.

Turns out … everyone else is recruiting the Better Players too now. And Cal is outclassed by plenty of others on the Game Board.

Look – I readily admit – I don’t have much of a dog in this fight. I don’t watch the team much anymore. But Your Attitude, and those like you, frosts my ass. It’s a Love It or Leave It mentality. For every troll y’all bitch about … and I fully understand their are plenty of Louisville Fans that come here to make their own misery feel better … there’s an entire brigade of You and Those Like You ready and waiting to squash any dissent.

It’s like you don’t own mirrors.

And Spoiler Alert … Cal doesn’t Poop Ice Cream either.

• catsarerunnin
      7:08 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

True he doesn’t but you’re not full of ice cream either.

• ScoggDog
      7:11 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Well now cats …. you’re exactly right.

Neither Cal or I Poop Ice Cream. That’s a fact. That’s what they call “Given …” in an Algebra book.

Neither Cal or ScoggDog can Poop Ice Cream. We can agree on that, if nothing else.

12. Mc12
    7:04 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Good ole social media. A place where people get to spread stupidity easily, create a mob mentality, and groupthink makes everyone feel their opinions have to be right especially if like-minded people give them a like.

13. check
    7:10 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Roy Williams and Coach K couldn’t coach at Kentucky. They couldn’t handle us, the bbn. Coaching at Kentucky is the highest pressure job in the country. Don’t like Cal? Tough nookies. He’s the best available. Really— propose one coach that could handle this job better than Cal. And I will disagree.

• Aar
      7:24 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Pat Riley. (Only to lighten the mood but if he were still coaching, I doubt BBN would object to a UK All-American and 5-time NBA Champion as a coach)

• Aar
      7:25 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

BTW, I agree. I don’t think there is a better coach than Cal available today.

• ScoggDog
      7:27 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

You know …

… if you tell me that whomever I propose will be disagreed with by you … it’s not really a discussion at all, right ?

What if I find a coach that Really Can Poop Ice-Cream ? Gonna’ disagree wtih that ?

• check
      7:41 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Do you know a coach that can poop ice cream? I’d certainly be wrong then. That coach could soft serve Jay Bilas.

• ScoggDog
      7:48 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

As fate would have it … no.

I’m pretty sure no Coach can Poop Ice Cream.

Including the Coach that talks about Pooping Ice Cream.

This is called “Irony”.

14. TonyMontana
    7:11 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

The Cal Girls are right…. but the fans are right also.

15. shelby
    7:14 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Only scumbags tweet the coaches, daughters. Also, only scumbags turn on our team and our coach.

• ScoggDog
      7:19 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

If Matt Jones is watching – and he probably isn’t, kid has much better things to do – tonite would make a fine essay.

Fine indeed.

16. ukkatzfan
    7:31 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Keep giving them a dose of their own medicine Doc. And glad sis is fightin too. I get tired of the haters too. Really too bad that some are haters with press credentials.

17. Ez21
    7:35 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Klassact u aren’t a UK fan anyway so go somewhere someone wants you. You are a fan of winning. A real UK fan never turns on his team regardless of what the current coach is implementing. So gtfooh

• klassact32
      7:53 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Sorry EZ, not going anywhere, still like the football so not going anywhere. Fans turn on their teams all the time, not just UK fans. A fan of winning? LOLOLOL would I be a football fan if I were a fan of winning. Good lord. LMAO

• huck
      9:20 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Wow, never turns regardless….some of you are so small minded that you may not even be able to comprehend that you are a dumb ass…. I am not a smart one, but I know that. not sure how many are out there 1 in 100000, 1 in 500,000? could be but beyond me…. would any smart person even be on this board…. we are dumb asses here , all of us.

You got a truck that you love, it starts pulling so bad that its hard to hold it in the road….. what do you do…. you turn the linkage and adjust it to it holds the road/path you want. you do not say, dont turn it at all.

18. AFR0_SAMURAii
    7:42 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

I just wish they used on ball screens correctly and make good passes.. that’s all I ask

19. RajonTheDon9
    7:52 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Okay with your dad’s wealth he can’t help KIDS lives without being head coach at the University of Kentucky. Can you imagine the welcoming of Rick Pitino back to the Mecca of college basketball? Fans would embrace Rick like no other.

20. RajonTheDon9
    7:52 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Can ****

21. jrdh13
    8:02 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Cant have your cake and eat it too. You want players to be 3-4 guys but yet the sky is falling because we didn’t get a sure fire one and done player.

22. Alleykat16
    8:04 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

I can not believe the fans acting in this way am I upset yes but you know what every team goes thru what we are going through now Cal is coaching this team to win and this is starting to look like what happened down in Tn. Most of you are great fans of this University and all the members of it. But the ones that’s living in their parents basement and dont know their Ass from a hole in the ground tweeting all these negative things we dont need or want yall as fans what the real BBN fan is to back these teams through the ups and downs Cal is no Billy G. He is on hell of a good coach and man and these kids will get this turned around

23. dane82
    8:16 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

being a jerk to a coach’s family is a classless move. it’s made only slightly better if you’re civil about it. family should be off limits–don’t drag them into things.

however, if i’m reading this story correctly, that’s not what happened here. tipton made a comment about “succeed and proceed” (a valid one–that idea hasn’t aged well, and it was dumb on day one) that had nothing to do with anyone in calipari’s family. erin responded. that’s fine and her right, but let’s not cry foul that someone then responded civilly to her response.

24. ErikDanielsCrossover
    8:18 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Most Kentucky fans are annoying as hell, and that’s coming from a lifelong true fan. These kids are 18-19 years old and they’re fighting their ass off. It’s not their job to satisfy y’all old, balding, fat fans who sit on their couch and criticize.

• ScoggDog
      8:28 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Well … yes, it is. As I consider it.

Because if not “satisfying”, why else watch ? Most everyone here never attended UK. I didn’t – went to college somewhere cheaper.

So why be loyal ? For the pleasure of seeing Cal on Draft Day ? For the experience of watching the players develop … when they’re only here for One Year ?

For the joy of cheering for a uniform with no connection to who wears it ?

• Skeps
      8:32 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Good job on stereotyping fans that disagree. I’ll give it a try as well. At least the older generation know something about college basketball and don’t care as much about the NBA draft or personal stats. I’m glad they’re handing over the reigns to a loud,obnoxious part of the fanbase that can’t have a civil discussion about basketball. Go on about your way son,you’re dismissed. Try not to destroy Kentucky fanhood when the next generation of Kentucky fans grow up.

• ErikDanielsCrossover
      8:50 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Seems like the younger fanbase are more civil if anything. It’s the bitter fans that give us a bad name by threatening lives of officials etc. I think the UK fanbase is in great hands sir, I’ll keep appreciating what these players are doing for us by giving us the joy (and pain) of watching them lace up in that Kentucky jersey.

• Biscuits Old Dad
      12:43 pm January 22, 2018 Permalink

ScoggDog- it’s not these players job to please you or anybody else except their coach and families. Sorry, but your butt hurt feelings don’t even enter the equation.
      They’re here to play basketball. I’m pretty sure the terms of their scholarship don’t say anything at all about winning.

25. runningunnin.454
    8:29 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

My God; stupidity is rampant….epidemic proportions, if you can’t support the Coach and Team, scram.
    Definitely need a stupid vaccine.

• dane82
      8:33 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

support and fair criticism aren’t mutually exclusive concepts.

• runningunnin.454
      8:54 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Calipari has taken UK to four final 4’s in 8 years; his winning percentage at UK is 0.82…the highest winning percentage in the history of college ball is 0.83 by Sam Burton in the 20’s.
      The most wins/season by any NCAA Div I Men’s basketball coach is 38…only one coach has achieved that, and he’s done it three times….guess who?
      I don’t see much fair criticism….I see stupidity and juvenile blather.

• BigBlueNationDude
      9:55 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

Give up guys. Runnin will take none of your criticism. Even if its valid and true.

• IAmTheDanger
      9:58 pm January 21, 2018 Permalink

You give some of these fans the world and they want a fence around it. Cal is the man and if anyone is bashing him, you’re out of your mind.

• Alleykat16
      9:49 am January 22, 2018 Permalink

I agree with you 100% I sometimes dont express my thoughts correctly but you say it the way I feel thanks

26. Bluebloodtoo
    11:28 am January 22, 2018 Permalink

This is sad. People want to complain about Cal not being focused on the right goal. Did anyone ever stop to think whether we would get all these great players at Kentucky if they didn’t believe that Cal was getting them to the NBA? Seriously people, go look back at all the coaches before Cal and comparing recruiting success. Rising water lifts all ships. It’s good for everyone.

27. wadl5592
    11:43 am January 22, 2018 Permalink

This is a great family. Love Ellen and the girls and Brad and Cal. Classless to pick on family what would most people do if someone disparaged your Dad?