Cal will present a check for “almost $1 million” for hurricane relief

Another note from Cal’s pre-Maryland presser: Calipari says Kentucky will be able to present a check for “almost $1 million” for hurricane relief on Friday at the Barclays Center.

Well done, BBN.

25 Comments for Cal will present a check for “almost $1 million” for hurricane relief

1. Darrel H
    10:47 am November 8, 2012 Permalink

Bobby!
    Bobby!!
    Bobby!!!

2. sc is layzee
    11:13 am November 8, 2012 Permalink

Gosh, I doubt we could find any loonies like this on the right. Fair and balanced correct?

3. Thankful
    11:18 am November 8, 2012 Permalink

I am so thankful that Cal and the team were able to raise that much money to help those in need from the recent storm.
    I pray it will provide help and hope to many.
    Good job.
    God Bless!

4. The-Truth
    11:20 am November 8, 2012 Permalink

Obama is a very loving and compassionate man. He has said that it is good to kill little unborn babies, whose only crime is in trying to stay alive.

Obama is so compassionate and loving that he believes it is both humane and good to allow born babies who somehow escape abortion attemps to be thrown in a corner and allowed to die.

5. Dear IU and UL, We are National Champs; you are not. The end.
    11:26 am November 8, 2012 Permalink

If you combine this with the same amount generated by IU and UL, you have almost 3 million dollars! oh wait…

6. RealCatsFan
    11:27 am November 8, 2012 Permalink

Wow, I guess if all of the disenchanted Romney voters had donated, they would have made it to $1.5 Million!

7. Al B. Frank
    11:37 am November 8, 2012 Permalink

How about we discuss UK related topics on here and not Obama and/or Romney? Regardless of who you might have voted for, it is decided and you have to live with it for the next four years. It does a tremendous disservice to the extraordinary efforts by Cal and the Cats in raising this money to use this forum to continue to beat the same old dead horse. We should be celebrating Cal’s selfless act instead of bickering over the election.

8. people who work
    11:42 am November 8, 2012 Permalink

@7 maybe you shouldn’t piss of the people who actually work for their money

9. The-Truth
    11:47 am November 8, 2012 Permalink

#7, i’m not a big Romney fan. I believe America was stuck with a choice of incompetence.

So you agree that babies who survive murder attempts should be tossed into a corner and allowed to sarve to death?

10. RealCatsFan
    12:01 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

#11, I have no idea what you are blabbering about, nor do I intend to waste the energy trying to find out. Personally, I think abortion is wrong, but that is a separate issue from what I addressed – that many outspoken Romney supporters had posted on KSR the past two days saying they refused to contribute to the hurricane relief effort because Obama had won. It was a thinly veiled temper tantrum saying that they would take their ball and go home. I’m a registered independent, so I don’t support either side – I try to find the candidate, either left, right, or middle who I think will do the best job for the country. I’m far from being an Obama supporter, but at the same time I am sick of hearing people who make upwards of $250K per year and paying taxes at a 15% rate whine about the POSSIBILITY that their federal income taxes might go up to the levels they were at when Clinton was in office. (Coincidentally, when we were seeing surpluses instead of deficits.) To get us out of this mess, it’s going to take some pain for all of us – greatly cutting entitlements and spending, while also raising taxes for those who can afford it the most. It’s called compromise, my friend.

Now I am putting away my soap box and getting back on focus for basketball, thank you. 🙂

11. The-Truth
    1:01 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

#12, my original post was to #3, who seems to be quite good at name-calling. My second post was in reply your response, which didn’t seem to make much sense.

Right now I am replying to your post on #12, which actually is more blabbering than any post thus far.
    I don’t care what Romney supporters post. I do however care about a man’s character. When a grown man is willing to toss a little baby into the corner and allow him to starve to death,, then I must say that that individual is evil–pure evil.

As for those making more than $250,000 a year, what makes you think you have the right to hold your hands out for their money? And, I am certainly not one of them.

Those who make this kind of money are painted (by the Liberals, and by those who want stuff handed to them) as selfish old men who have had it handed down to them In reality, 80% of the so-called wealthy are first-generation wealthy. In other words, they made it themselves.

I know of several wealthy people who struggled and did without for years in order to make it big. They sold possessions in order to make payroll when times were tough. They were the ones who took all the risks.

The federal government is a joke at managing money. Who in their right mind would trust them with their money? They take people’s hard-earned money by force.

We are not going to get out of this.

12. RealCatsFan
    1:22 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

Sigh. I really wanted to be done with this. I guess this is what you are talking about with your statements about baby killing =>

Like I said, I am not pro-Obama, but it sounds like things were taken out of context to the extreme to push the agenda of certain politicians. Very similar to the way remarks by republican candidate Murdoch about rape and abortion were taken out of context – he in no way implied that he thought rape itself was “God’s will”. This is the kind of crap that I can’t stand – all or the political posturing and bickering and truth stretching to forward an agenda.

I never said I had a right to take anything from anyone – I am simply against someone who bitches about paying taxes when they in fact pay a lower effective rate than someone who makes half their pay (or less). The tax code as it stands is a joke!

Now can we just agree to disagree and get back to bickering about basketball and football and Bobby Petrino? 😀

13. jhnny
    1:32 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

Right on 14!

Now, Mitch, hire Petrino!!!

14. Scoutblue23
    1:32 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

Nice discussion on the hurricane relief effort…

15. The-Confused-Truth
    1:44 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

You sir are a wack job, and people like you are the ones who will never wake up and inform yourselves. Haha. 4 more years toolbag. Stay angry! Haha.

16. Rap Music
    1:45 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

why are we talking about all this feel good crap like donating money to a worthy cause? Dont you know Calipari is the devil? that’s what this old school guy tells me.

17. RealCatsFan
    1:55 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

LMAO #18! Someone needs to write a rap song about OldSchool!

18. Raazoul
    2:14 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

Hey 14, pay attention. MITT ROMNEY DOESN’T GET A PAYCHECK FROM HIS BOSS. So he doesn’t pay the same “effective tax rate” as a person getting $15 an hour. He shouldn’t. That money has been taxed already, he gets it as a dividend. That’s why people like him make jobs for people like you. If the “rich” paid the same in taxes whether or not it was income or a dividend, why the hell would anyone ever open a business? It’s not “trickle down economics” its common sense. Which cannot be found on the Left. You tell me how many poor people give jobs to other poor people. The Capital Gains tax should be 0%, every percentage point above that is illegal, you’re taxing the same dollar 2-3 times. It’s stealing, just because they have it doesn’t mean you can steal it. Socialist morons are everywhere…

19. Raazoul
    2:17 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

I don’t care if Obama won, you can all gloat. So can the 25 million people without jobs. They can stay poor and get poorer. You can all lose your private healthcare and stand in line with the illegals to get your minimum wage earning doctor to see you. Enjoy. You are only hurting yourselves. The rich are always going to be rich and fine. They could care less who’s in power. It’s the rest of you that will stay poor and dumb. The way the democrats like you, poor and dumb.

20. The-Truth
    2:34 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

#14, if you want to be done with it then do so. Unless you are one who simply wants to have the last word.

This stuff you call taxes is money. It is money that someone worked for and earned. Why would they want to give it up to support causes they don’t believe in or benefit from. Out national debt keeps going up and up. Only a frigging idiot would believe that the government is going to reverse this trend, regardless of how much they raise (Forcefully take) taxes.

It takes an evil man to toss a helpless baby into a corner and allow him to starve to death.

Now move on along!

21. The-Confused-Truth
    3:33 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

Haha. You like to talk about babies quite a bit. Kinda creepy. But, your uninformed posts would lead one to believe that you might yourself be a baby, like “Raazoul”. Keep crying…4 more years! Haha. Ha. Wah Wah.

22. The-Truth
    4:37 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

23, Only a worthless idiot would complain about someone who believes in protecting the most vulnerable among us.

And, you are right in that 4 more years of an evil man who believes in throwing babies into a corner and allowing them to starve to death is worth crying about.

23. G. N'yuss
    7:11 pm November 8, 2012 Permalink

Once again, CAL is a Genius.

Splendid host’s gift.