Cal watching Dominique Hawkins again

Dominique-Hawkins

Cal and his entourage liked what they saw in Dominique Hawkins so much during Wednesday’s game that he and Orlando Antigua are courtside again today for Madison Central’s game against Covington Holmes. Hawkins has had a rough start so far, going 1-9 from the field for 2 points, but there’s plenty of time to turn it around for Cal. Watch a live feed of the game by clicking here.

34 Comments for Cal watching Dominique Hawkins again

1. zeke87
    12:36 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Any chance this means Harrow is not returning to be the backup PG to Harrison next year?

2. Jumpin Joe
    12:39 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Cal should be checking out sophmore James Bolden for Covington Holmes

3. Why
    12:44 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Why in the hell is ksr so obsessed with Hawkins, a walk on type talent?

4. Old Henry Man
    12:45 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Bolden is out playing Hawkins.
    Both may be better backing up Harrison

5. kelkat
    12:45 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I would say this can be taken different ways… Harrow not returning or Cal just wants more depth at PG. Perhaps Cal just wants to cover his bases incase Harrow doesn’t return. I think either way it’s a good ideal to get a PG in the program that you can develop and will be around for a while.

6. biggbluemartini
    12:45 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

We are so bad that we are talking about walkons. I quit, this team quits, coach quits, and ksr has officiall quit. Season over

7. fortherecord
    12:47 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Stoops could coach this team better than Cal at this point. Im not saying we should fire him yet, but if we go to the NIT, the conversation starts

8. Azubuike's Bicep
    12:51 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

7- LOL!! No it doesn’t.

9. playersfan
    12:51 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I don’t care whether he’s athletic, CAN HE SHOOT THE BALL FROM OUTSIDE? We can’t win ballgames because we can’t shoot.

10. @7
    12:55 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

You truly are a dumbass.

11. MJ4UK
    12:56 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

7 Are you freaking kidding me??? I think most fans would tolerate a lull after every national championship UK wins. I will take this year every other year, if it leads to the success we experienced last year. UK would not have won without Jones, Lamb and Miller.

People are freaking crazy…First everyone complains that all we get are one and dones. Now we get some top notch talent that may stick around a couple of years, and everyone is up in arms…Good Grief.

Fire Cal, never…He is the best. Sometimes teams just dont gel, and need more than one year. Just because its been a down year, does not mean Cal cant coach. Winningest coach of the last several years.

At least he doesn’t throw the team under the bus like some coaches. (Ala Self, Williams, Krysandkjfdn)He will truly see that the kids will do what is best for their career, and that should be respected and praised.

12. I Say
    12:57 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

7 I think everyone that reads this website can agree with that

13. Anthony Epps
    12:57 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

UK should not be looking at a kid like Hawkins from Kentucky….signed Anthony Epps.

14. Duhville
    12:58 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

7) That conversation is only in your head. Please, take your meds.

15. UKfan89
    12:59 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

7. You are a dum a$$. Shut up. Leave. You suck

16. PointGaurdU
    1:01 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

For those that think Hawkins isn’t an important recruit…imagine how much Anthony Hickey would have helped us this year…

17. Matt
    1:01 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

7. You are in the wrong comment section. The Not Jerry Tipton post is one below this one.

18. sodoes12
    1:03 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

12… looks to me like everyone on this site strongly disagrees.

19. STEVE!
    1:08 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

7 may have a point. I’m not sure this Calipari guy is UK material. Two out of his first three years, we did not win the National Championship, and may not win it this year. We’ve never had an undefeated season under him, and after this year he will only have averaged 31 wins per season at UK. I say give him ONE MORE TRY.

20. I Say
    1:11 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

18 looks to me like you dont understand obvious sarcasm. over your head i guess

21. Smitty
    1:12 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

7 = fan of another team. Nothing to see

22. 7 is a idiot
    1:14 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

There isn’t one coach I would rather have than Cal, and idiot fans like 7 can make us look stupid to outsiders. If you don’t have an intelligent comment to make please keep it to yourself.

23. adolphrollingover
    1:14 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I do not see a scholarship offer coming for Hawkins.

24. 20sdumb
    1:28 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

20… Looks to me like you’re too dumb to realize that sarcasm doesn’t translate to typing words on a blog. Sarcasm is sensed by tone of voice, facial expressions, and other nonverbal cues. You are an idiot sir… and that wasn’t sarcasm.

25. 20sdumb
    1:29 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

20… Nothing about your dumb little comment indicates sarcasm.

26. 20sdumb
    1:30 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

20… did you graduate high school?

27. Big Bear
    1:43 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I talked with some Sports Media in early February. They felt then; that Ryan Harrow would not be back. They mentioned the early season problems which sounded stress related and his flopping at Vandy as examples of why. Cal has always said that UK wasn’t for everyone. Nothing against Ryan but I believe he lacks the toughness to run the point at a marquee program like UK. I think Cal sees/saw that too and has had to make an adjustment now that he can.

28. Turner the Burner
    1:55 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

27. Where is he going to go? He isn’t going to go D3 or NAIA…..

29. rainman
    1:57 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

He likes to watch a talented Point Guard
    at least once a week!

30. Tito
    2:06 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

Offer them both a scholarship now!!!
    Hawkins 2013
    Bolden 2015

31. wildcat fan
    2:10 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

#7 did you take you’re meds today? if not it’s too late cause you lost you’re ever loving mind fire CAL? the guy who brought us back from the grave and made kentucky into a fianl four contender and NCAA champion within his the last two years KEEP cal and and take you’re meds and oh my lord stop i repeat STOP smoking what you’re smoking ’cause it is not working for you.

32. JonHood
    2:21 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

I’m better then both of the those players, they will be on the bench deeper then me.

33. Stu Padaso
    3:12 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

The reason they are looking at this kid is because he’s tough, gritty, and has a keen sense of when to take over. He shook off a bad shooting start to finish the game. Hit a couple of big threes, came up with a late steal & flush, and has shown that desire to win.

This season will show Cal that he’s gotta have quality guys that can back up the Burger Boys he gets every year. This is a type of kid that could spend 2-3 years here and be a very strong addition to the team. I think he’d probably out play over half our team RIGHT NOW.

I say offer him a scholarship if you can find one available.

34. Big Bear
    5:08 pm March 8, 2013 Permalink

#27 I don’t think it matters much to anyone except Ryan or his family.