Calipari2

Cal is currently holding a press conference. Why? To remind the BBN and the media that even without Andrew Wiggins, the Cats are going to be awesome next season. He managed to get 30 minutes through it all before someone asked about Wiggins, who chose Kansas over the Cats, Florida State, and UNC yesterday:

“I was confident in this team and the group we have before and after, and I wish him well.”

There you go. Page turned.

21 Comments for Cal on Wiggins: “I was confident in this team and the group we have before and after.”

1. Han
    11:42 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Greatest recruiting class of all time is a nice cushion to have when you miss the #1 player.

2. LDE
    11:42 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

video?

3. Kelkat
    11:44 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Hell Yeah !!!!

Wish Wiggins good luck but UK still is going to be really good next year !!!

4. tltaworl
    11:48 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Sorry, I know this is a free site and all. But is this our recap?

5. Kent Sterling
    11:50 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Kelkat, that’s very classy of you. I thought all UK fans were idiots. How can this be? Wow, I guess that I, Kent Sterling, must be a complete douchebag. Don’t let my mom find out. She’ll stop making me those PB&J sandwiches that I just love.

6. Tired of hearing about him
    11:52 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Please..can we stop all the Andrew Wiggins post now?
    It’s over, move on!

7. Rambo
    11:56 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Look at all the time and energy Cal spent on this kid! It sure wasn’t due to the lack of effort! and still able to reel in “the best recruiting class of all time”!

8. The Stickleyville Slingshot
    11:57 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

4 – If you leave your email address, phone number, and home address, I’m sure the guys will gladly give you a personal breakdown.

9. Video
    12:01 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Is there a link to his presser where I can watch?

10. Boogie
    12:06 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

I’ve had this attitude all along. One athletic wing won’t make or break this team. We have 5 already. Also I don’t see him making a bad NBA team a playoff team after he is drafted. Not much of an offensive threat in a one on one situation especially not on a good NBA defender.

11. ClarkF
    12:16 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

The best recruting class of all-time was and is Lew Alcindor.

12. Greg
    12:20 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

This will just mean more touches for our already talented guys. It may actually help with team chemistry, ball movement, morale etc. One less person to please. Plus, it may make our current guys have a little bit of a chip on their shoulder…in a good way.

13. Han
    12:29 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

12) Wiggins would’ve been good for depth at the 1-2-3. Now we need Poythress to actually show up more than ever.

Hopefully having an aggressive point guard and reliable scoring options elsewhere will help Poythress develop in ways he didn’t this past year. And when I say that, I understand he had a good year by freshman standards. Just not the year that was expected by fans or draft experts.

14. Boogie
    12:39 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

@13. Alex’s numbers would suggest he had a much better year than he actually had. He has superstar written all over him. He needs a slight mindset adjustment and he could, and should, be a top 5 draft pick. He has big strong shoulders sitting on a 245 pound frame and I saw him in the post maybe a half dozen times all year.

15. Michael F. Jox
    12:52 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

#14 – “He has big strong shoulders sitting on a 245 pound frame and I saw him in the post maybe a half dozen times all year.”

That’s the problem. Those big shoulders and 245 pound frame got most of his points off 3s and FTs. After watching him play all last yr it’s pretty clear that the kid either doesn’t have the ability, or hasn’t yet learned how to attack the basket. I’m hoping it’s the latter but there were numerous times last yr that made it look more like the former. Hopefully this years team’s depth will allow them to play a more up and down pace, leading to way more fast break opportunities, which both last year’s team and Poythress could of used desperately.

16. Mike
    1:01 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

#15. How much coaching experience do you have? Or maybe I should ask: Who died and made you an expert?

17. niaps
    1:04 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

All I want to see this coming season is 13 guys on the same page with the same goals. If that happens this squad goes undefeated , period. The talent is staggering from top to bottom and the only thing to worry bout is chemistry and I see no problem there especially since the Harrisons have been together forever. Swag swag swag look out anyone and everyone.

18. Michael F. Jox
    1:06 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

#16 – I coached aau ball for 5 yrs, thanks for asking 🙂 BTW, who died and made you the a$$hole? I have an opinion, deal with it

19. That someone
    1:14 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

That wiggins name dropper wouldn’t have been old man Tipton by any chance?

20. Jeffrey Davis
    2:21 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

#15 Alcindoor’s class also included Lucius Allen — All-American — and Lynn Shackleford who was one of the better shooters I’ve ever seen.

So, yes, UCLA’s 1965 class was the Best Ever.

21. Judy
    4:43 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Well, thank goodness for Coach Cal. At least a few of us know how to turn the page and move on. Guess I’m to old to let some teeny bopper master my mind. Sorry! I love the class we have and I think we have exactly who we need. We want them and they want us. Anything less than that is a waste of energy.