Cal: Harrow still sick, may not travel to Atlanta

During his pregame teleconference this morning, Cal said that Ryan Harrow still has the flu and was unable to practice over the weekend. If Harrow can’t practice today, he will not make the trip to Atlanta. Looking back, Cal said he probably should have held Harrow out of Friday’s game.

Julius Mays also did not practice yesterday due to the eye injury he suffered against Maryland.

Are you ready for more #PolsonIce?

42 Comments for Cal: Harrow still sick, may not travel to Atlanta

1. bs
    10:19 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

thats friggin B.S, if this is the crap we have to hear all year then just pack it up for next season. do you think anyone from the last three years would miss duke uk because they felt sick?

2. mark
    10:19 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Am I the only one that heard the U oh L commentator drop the F bomb while talking about Behanon last nite??? First, let me explain, I was channel surfing and came upon Little Brother’s game. I thought I’d watch just for a couple of minutes to see what all the fuss is about and BOOM! Just after the 2nd half started he was talking about Behanen and let it fly. Can’t believe I havent heard anything about it…..

3. Dacci
    10:20 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

I like PRO-lson better than PolsonICE, just my opinion.

4. Cracker Darrell
    10:23 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Polson isn’t going to do much of anything spectacular, but he’s not going to make very many mistakes either, and he’ll get the team in their sets. he has decent size and quickness too. hopefully it was just due to Harrow being sick and Goodwin being a freshman, but the team played much, much better when Polson was running point. either way, i think he’s proven he is capable of stepping in and playing valuable minutes for this team.

5. worried...
    10:24 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

What exactly happened to Mays? I for one am excited to see Polson really get his shot against a top team. If he can pull the same magic that he did Friday then it will be an awesome year for him. It’s all you buddy…you control your destiny now.

6. capt
    10:26 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Still sounds like a loss to me. There are worse things in life than losing your second game of the season to duke. It would probably help them get their heads on straight.

7. tom
    10:30 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

The big question is: Is Jarrod Polson this year’s Josh Harrellson?

8. Facts
    10:30 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

What the hell does this guy have? Mono? Quit being a sissy and play basketball.

9. Roger
    10:31 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Hearing from reliable sources that Harrow actually caught a VD, not the flu

10. JPforPrez2016
    10:33 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

I don’t think anything is lost with Polson at the point. If he scores 6ish points has no turnovers and a few assists, that is better than Harrow scoring 12ish points and turning the ball over 5 times. Polson is tougher and smarter than Harrow. Defensively both are equally weak. We have enough offensive weapons on this team to get points from positions 2-5 and be just fine.

11. Big Whoop
    10:37 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

We will not lose to Duke and I agree with #4. Polson is a real PG and not a highlight film wannabe. What’s wrong with Mays’s band-aid? Won’t stay on?

#2…What was he saying about Behindon? I don’t listen to UL broadcasts.

12. Jughead
    10:39 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Vomit and squirts.

13. jaws2
    10:41 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

I’ll preface this by saying no one could be more proud of a small town KY kid living the dream than me. But, I’ve not jumped on the Polson train just yet. He’s shown he was capable for one game against decent guards. Let’s see how he rolls against duke’s all court pressure.

14. mark
    10:41 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

11. I dont usually either just happened to be watching. It was something like, “Everybody remembers when Chane said give me the f##kin ball, I’m taking over,” or something like that. No doubt what he said.

15. KyEffect
    10:41 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Omg the Ky effect at full force with a some Cal effect sprinkled in giovani express draft has Polson, ranked at the #6 pg in the 2013 draft omg better than Siva the second best pg in the Sec. He is slated right now high second round and could possibly be a late first rounder with how he plays going forwarded i expect a great game against Duke from him.

16. Will
    10:43 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

#11 – He said, “Why are these motherf*ckers playing teams like MANHATTAN!? If that f*cker Behanan is going to talk so much smack, his team should at least play somebody.”

At least that’s what I imagine he said.

17. Han
    10:44 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

We should play Polson. There’s a chance Duke players will mistake him for a teammate and pass him the ball. He should practice flopping just to strengthen the image.

18. Peyton Siva
    10:45 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Hey ya’ll, I had 5 turnovers against the Manhattan Jaspers.

If we win the National Championship, don’t let me hold the trophy cause I’ll probably drop it.

19. Just Sayin
    10:45 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

We will not win if Harrow doesnt play.

20. JonnieJr.
    10:48 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Just saying that Harrow plays like a 8th grade school girl..

21. COMMON SENSE
    10:48 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

I dont know if any of you caught all access but you all really need to lay off Harrow. I’m sure he would play if he could. He isnt the one making that decision and it’s not right to trash him because he had a bad game while he was sick.

22. over the hills and far away
    10:51 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Billy Clyde would toughen up Harrow !

23. Cat
    10:52 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Ryan pulled this same stuff at NC State. They were happy to rid of him. This is what we have to deal with all year with Ryan. No heart

24. RealCatsFan
    11:02 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

LMFAO # 17!

Let’s lay off Harrow until we are at least into December! Geesh, the guy has played in one game that actually counts on the schedule, and he was sick. Remember last year when a lot of “fans” were saying that Teague had no business running the point for UK? Seems to me that turned out all right once Cal got his head on straight. Same will be true for Harrow, although he will be more of a Brandon Knight type player (not saying he will be as good as Brandon, just more of a scoring, shooting PG than simply a distributor.) Give the kid a chance, but more importantly, give Cal a chance to coach him up!

25. Cracker Darrell
    11:04 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

come on, you really think ryan doesn’t want to play? he’s a BASKETBALL PLAYER. give me a break. people get sick. it’s a fact of life, and he must be pretty sick if he in fact isn’t going to play tomorrow, because i guarantee you he wants to.

26. Cracker Darrell
    11:05 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

and if anything maybe he knows he isn’t close to 100% and with the way Polson played against Marlyand he may realize the team is in capable hands.

27. Snl1960
    11:26 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

LAY OFF Ryan, I will take him any day over EVERY point guard in college basketball.He plays for the name on the front of his jersey, not the Back.

28. RaleighCat
    11:36 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Leave Ryan Harrow alone you ignorant fools.

#9- it’s not called VD anymore. What are you, 87 years old? It’s an “STD.” And it’s highly doubtful you know crap about anything.

Dook is going to be a very tough game for us no matter who plays. They’re much better than MD overall and likely going to win. IF that does happen, Keep Calm & Chive On. We’ll be fine. It’s only November friggin’ 12th.

29. Dr. Mantis Taboggin
    11:37 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Harrow is bad guys deal with it, bad attitude and bad skills, sad because I thought it would never get worse than that bum Teague. I mean do you guys really believe that (A) Polson is all the sudden a quality player or that(B) Harrow is just so bad he makes Polson look like one? I think its B.

30. Musehobo
    11:45 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Haha 28) They’re actually calling them STI’s now…infection is more accurate than disease. But nice try.

31. Dear UL and IU fans, We are national champions; you are not. The end.
    11:48 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Lay off all the players; they are all young and playing hard. Everyone, including the players, know they have a lot to work on (rebounding), but give them some time. I personally would be shocked if they beat Puke, but who cares. Life as UK fan is good right now.

32. RIP Mel Turpin
    11:52 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

If you are ragging on Harrow already, you are a poor excuse for a Cat fan! Dang! Leave him alone. Have you never had a bad stomach flu? It is a debilitating problem that can lead to severe dehydration and worse. I’m a big Polson supporter because he’s our homie, but I certainly wouldn’t start calling Ryan a sissy.

#8 – If I was in the same room with you right now, I’d kick your a$$.

Be positive! Be encouraging to our players – all of them, all of the time.

#lafamilia

33. Tyler
    11:57 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Harrow just tweeted out about 10 minutes ago that the “…only thing I’m sick of is coach yellin at me.” If you hurry, you might see it before it’s deleted

34. RIP Mel Turpin
    11:58 am November 12, 2012 Permalink

Dr. Mantis is Peyton Siva’s gay lover. He is strangely compelled to belittle Ky point guards without having any clue how basketball skills affect the outcome of the game.

35. Rick
    12:00 pm November 12, 2012 Permalink

Our fanbase sure is susceptible to trolling.

36. SeoulCat
    12:08 pm November 12, 2012 Permalink

#33, that is bull sh*t. It didn’t happen. Quit trolling.

I have no doubts that Ryan is sick, but the flu doesn’t carry on for this long in a healthy individual. It sounds like he may have mono or something else. I hope he gets better soon.

37. catlogic15
    12:16 pm November 12, 2012 Permalink

#23 is correct. You saw it in All Access. Hope things get better.

38. Linda Taylor
    12:19 pm November 12, 2012 Permalink

17 – Lol, maybe we should bring both white and blue unis and dress Polson in whatever color Duke is wearing to make the ruse complete.

39. W
    1:02 pm November 12, 2012 Permalink

If anyone would have told me Polson would start a game against top 10 Duke two years ago I would have laughed them out of the room. It’s sounding like that’s going to happen though. And they said Cal doesn’t develop players.

40. bluesince66
    1:13 pm November 12, 2012 Permalink

I believe I remember Cal saying a couple of years ago that Polson is the best walk on he’s ever had. Everyone needs to get of Harrow, sure he hasn’t practiced all of last year and this summer, so he can sit on the bench.

41. Duke sucks
    2:54 pm November 12, 2012 Permalink

I say keep Harroe away from the team untill he’s better. We can make up for 1 player. We don’t need the whole team sick though. Harrow is a 3 year player so he knows how to play wont hurt him to miss a few early games.

42. eastcoastcat
    3:23 pm November 12, 2012 Permalink

17-LOL
    18-LOL

hahaha
    GO CATS!!

If Polson can get practice against the likes of Wall, Knight & Teague. Lets see what he’s got under the lights.He was Scrappy vs. Maryland.

Where’s all the HATERS on WILTJER, NOW?

Lets go Harrow. You a baller son, get out there and do your thing.