Cal doesn’t want you to think he’s too mean

Expect to see a new side of John Calipari tonight when ESPN airs the second episode of All-Access Kentucky.  There is a lot of practice footage in tonight’s episode, which means a lot of yelling, according to Cal.

The new All-Access Kentucky debuts tonight at 7:00 pm ET on ESPN and will replay at 10:30 pm ET on ESPN, 11:00 pm ET on ESPN2 and 11:30pm ET on ESPNU. UK will also show it in Rupp Arena for Blue/White attendees once the scrimmage concludes.

Watch the final preview:

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Cal doesn’t want you to think he’s too mean

1. MartyFeldmanEyes
    10:33 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Coach Cal has NOTHING to apologize for in my opinion…maybe he’s worried the guy’s moms
    will be upset.

2. Lane
    10:49 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

I agree with number one. Cal has nothing to apologize for, what he’s doing is the reason we win. I got yelled at in high school, these guys can take it.

3. RodneyfromMcKee
    10:55 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

Are they going to show the 1st episode again?

4. nassau65
    11:17 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

At this point, i don’t think anyone would be justified in criticizing Cal for his methods in developing talent.
    No forgiveness needed Cal, just keep ’em coming!

5. Urincatland
    11:49 am October 24, 2012 Permalink

No apologies need here Cal. Keep doing what you do best!! Bringing in highly rated players and develope them into playing as a team. We’re ready for #9 Go Cats!!

6. Roofus Howls
    12:10 pm October 24, 2012 Permalink

I’m half expecting to hear a “bleep bleep bleep” thing after all the build up. We have been watching him on the sidelines for 3 years (and longer), we do remember when he told Terrence that sharing was caring. I think he’s just trying to get us to tune in.

7. CliffFrankLou
    12:11 pm October 24, 2012 Permalink

Players yelled at in practice?!?!?! Oh the humanity……Seriously, this is still part of recruiting and heading off other coaches criticizing his coaching style. Cal is always recruiting.

8. JackB
    12:33 pm October 24, 2012 Permalink

I always told my players that I when I yell, I’m only yelling instructions – not at them. I just have to yell so they can hear me over their parents who never shut up.

Of course, I was coaching 7 and 8 year old girl softball players. Most were slackers.

9. Big Blue 66
    1:19 pm October 24, 2012 Permalink

since when did you not need to yell when dealing with 18-21 year olds

10. bnclay
    2:38 pm October 24, 2012 Permalink

Best Cal practice qoute ever. To Eloy: “get your sh!t together, do I need to say it in Spanish?” Lol

11. Dave Ball
    10:54 pm October 24, 2012 Permalink

not being mean…just being loud…love it…kids yearn for discipline…seems like a broken record, but the kids that have recently signed on or verbally committed have all said the same thing…Cal is going to push us, it won’t be easy, he’ll yell and scream…but he does it because he cares…right on…kids are smart and they yearn for direction…seems like we got the right mix with Cal…and after the Gillispie nightmare…yeay…