Cal, Davis, and Lamb after the Auburn win

Coach Cal, Anthony Davis, and Doron Lamb met with reporters after Kentucky’s win at Auburn last night. I assume most of you weren’t there, so I’ll direct you over to a video of the press conference at CoachCal.com.

Enjoy.

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for Cal, Davis, and Lamb after the Auburn win

1. Curious...but not bi-curious
    10:36 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

Auburn Tigers or Auburn War Eagles….what’s it gonna be down there?

Uniforms say War Eagle. Announcers and fans outside Auburn say Tigers.

Identity crisis? Has operation to go from Tiger to War Eagle been completed or are they just in the hormone treatment phase?

Please advise.

2. bung
    10:48 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

Is it also the Auburn Plainsmen?

3. BIG D E
    10:52 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

Auburn sucks…we have got to do better on the road

4. yeah first!!
    10:53 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

for all the teague nut hangers on….. it is not about his horrid learning curve or if he even will learn to run the team. As many say time will tell. That’s all fine. But for now he blows and sucks as far as running the team and finding guys to dish to. No….. this is about his defense. Is it just me or does he get beat ALL the time? I noticed it for a while. His defense sucks. Either he doesn’t try or he just sucks. It’s one or the other. Other guys have to leave their man because of this slacker. He can’t step with any point guard so far. Why does no one talk about his horrid defense????

5. Question
    11:06 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

Soooo does Teague really plan on declaring for the draft like the last PG’s? I mean obviously thats why he came here.. but if he does go he wont be anything in the league. and he isnt a type of kid that would even listen to anyone that said he needed to stay in college to get better. Plus im already excited to see what Harrow has to bring to the team…

6. rockatao
    11:19 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

Totally disagree about Teague’s defense …. he is a terrific one-on-one defender, better than either Knight or Wall was. He can, and will, improve on defending the ball screen.

7. BPsycho
    11:24 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

Tom Brady yeah!! Go Pats! ****in Tebowned! Sorry Wesley, but the antichrist mustn’t win.

#5 Ryan Harrow is the ish. I’mma keep sayin it too, all the way up until his first play!

8. yeah first!!
    11:45 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

@ 6. Really? Maybe it’s just me then. At least you acknowledge the ball screen is lacking which I think is more difficult than just defending the man up. Maybe I was just imagining him letting his man get by him (without a ball screen) all night and other games. I will pay more attn. before making comments

9. DTG
    11:55 am January 12, 2012 Permalink

#1 Tigers is the mascot
    War Eagle is a cheer, etc. like our Go Big Blue or C A T S.

10. stevie
    12:03 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Yeah first, It isn’t just you. Teague is a current liability on both ends of the court.

11. hersheyisabear
    12:05 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Guys we are winning on the road. More than what we can say from last year. We are finishing!!

12. Learning
    12:41 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

This team is learning. They are going to be great. They played with energy last night. They just weren’t hitting the shots. If they hit the shots, it would have been a huge blowout.

13. UK64
    12:41 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

#2. You are correct. They were the Plainsmen at one time. Guess they moved to town.

14. Al B. Sure
    1:16 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Lots of trolls here. If you don’t like Teague, go cheer for Siva or whoever. Go away. I can’t understand such harsh criticism from so-called fans aimed towards an 18-year-old FRESHMAN! Constructive criticism is fine, but some of these rude @$$ comments can’t be coming from fans. Saying that one of our team, our starting point guard, “sucks” or “isnt a type of kid that would even listen to anyone”… by only explanation for this is that these people have got to be TROLLS trying to stir up $#!t.

15. yeah first!!
    1:25 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

haaha @ al b. sure. You’re a troll if you think teague is detrimental to the team? hahah. Why can’t teague come off the bench in increments til he learns? answer that. In that way he gets playing time but can be gauged on performance. Lamb, miller, MKG, jones and davis start.

16. Musehobo
    1:31 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

Can you imagine how pissed we’d be if Siva had hit one of our players in the nuts while he was shooting? I understand taking it easy on Teague for his struggling gameplay. But we don’t need any of our players validating the “dirty” label that people try and tag on us. If it were my team he wouldn’t have come off that bench again, and would most likely be sitting out another game. There is no excuse for behavior like that from anyone.

17. Al B. Sure
    1:50 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

If these comments are not from trolls, then I sincerely hope that no potential recruits ever visit this site and witness how BBN “supports” the players on our team.

As for the phantom nut-shot, I’m still not convinced it was on purpose… or even there. I watched and recorded the game. I watched the play in question several times, even in slo-mo and saw no definitive nut shot, certainly not anything that looked intentional. The announcers on the game last night saw nothing either, and they commented as such. If you are claiming you saw definitive evidence, you did not see it from the camera angles available to WKYT viewers. If you claim you saw a dirty play on the footage that aired on WKYT, or the SEC Network that carried the feed, you are a liar.

18. yeah first!!
    2:40 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

.. Al B. Sure. Well, there you have it. You didn’t see the nut shot and you think teague is great. It all makes sense now.

19. wildcat_marine
    3:35 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

It somewhat bothers me that Cal said that if he had more players then he would have kept teague on the bench longer for his flagrant. I love a highly competitive coach, but that just acknowledges that he knows what teague did was wrong. In this particular case, winning was more important than discipline. I love that we won, on the road, in the SEC. GO CATS!

20. In Cal we trust
    11:00 pm January 12, 2012 Permalink

My memory and opinions are suspect, according to my wife, but I seem to remember similar concerns with Wall and Knight. I am not saying that Teague compares
    favorably with them or not. He seems to me to struggle sometimes on both ends of the floor especially as where he is supposed to be. So did Wall, but he was such a freak speedster he could recover, Knights’ IQ had him the area but had to grow into the second nature part of Cals’ point guard position shoot or distribute. (catchy huh) oh no Jimmy Dykes. Teague has shown lightning quickness when not having to think through his positions duties. I do think being from Indiana, thought to be a lock for Pitino. A coach now known for tearing down his players and ignoring to rebuild them. I really hate to watch Siva try to do what is asked of him while his ability to so just deteriorates. Hated Sosa, but he died a slow public career death. back to Teague, who has a good NBA player for a brother and follows Wall and Knight. These things put a different level of criteagueing on him. I just believe that if Teague can reach his predecessors ability Cal can get him there.