BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: Who should the offense center around?

B-E-A-S-T

Yesterday, I made the argument that Brandon Knight is poised to have a huge game against Ohio State, and that in OSU’s 2 losses, guards have been the difference.  What I didn’t realize was that OSU does have 2 guards/forwards who made the Big 10 All-Defensive Team.  Now, there are 4 players who were consensus 1st team All-Big 10.  Jared Sullinger, Jajuan Johnson, Etwaun Moore, and Jordan Taylor.  Moore scored 38 points against the Buckeyes and Taylor scored 27 points.  So, say what you want about the defensive ability of the Buckeye guards, against the 2 best players at that position they faced, Moore and Taylor averaged 32.5 ppg.  So THAT is why Knight is poised to have a big game.

But in that same thread I saw arguments for Terrence Jones, Darius Miller, and Josh Harrellson to be the focal point of the offense in the Sweet 16.  So, I ranked the UK players in order of who should be scoring the points for UK, in my opinion, and I want to hear your thoughts of where UK should attack:

1. BRANDON KNIGHT

-I made the argument for Knight above, but to reiterate, Ohio State has struggled with the 2 ELITE guards they faced in conference.  You can not tell me that a Brandon Knight v. Aaron Craft matchup doesn’t excite you.  And if it’s David Lighty, I still feel quite confident in that matchup.  After his game-winning shot against Princeton and his career high total against WVU, Knight appears poised to be the star of this tournament for UK.

2. DORON LAMB

-I like Lamb as the 2nd option for a couple reasons.  First, his ankle should be back to nearly 100% by late this week.  Secondly, teams have had some success shooting the 3 against OSU, especially away from Columbus.  And you all know I am not one for facts, but I don’t think the game is being played in Columbus.  And the great thing about Lamb is the focus of the OSU defense will have to be focused to Knight and Jones, leaving Lamb with open opportunities.  Plus, if Lamb can hit a couple early jumpers, it will force the Buckeye defense to adjust, thus opening other options for Knight.

3. DARIUS MILLER

-I am going to assume Miller’s performance against WVU was an anomaly.  Because his last 3-4 weeks of the season have been FANTASTIC.  He is playing with tons of confidence and is shooting as good as we have seen in his time in Lexington.  Do you remember how little confidence the fanbase had with his jump shot the first 2 years in Lexington.  Now, the problem is OSU has some length on the wings, which seemed to bother Miller in the WVU game.  But, if Miller comes out and plays well, I actually think the Cats have a REAL shot.  He needs to hit an early jump shot or two more than Lamb.

4. TERRENCE JONES

-To me, I think we are far enough along in this funk that Jones has been in that you can’t expect him to dominate a game.  With that being said, both Jared Sullinger and Dallas Lauderdale are not particulary quick, and I think Jones might actually be able to have some opportunities to drive on those guys.  I know we hate that aspect of Jones game, but against OSU it might actually be an advantage.  That being said, in the post I think OSU has too much strength, and the game doesn’t setup great for Jones.  Plus, that whole funk thing.  And he might still be sick.

5. JOSH HARRELLSON

-I was amazed there were actually people who felt that the Cats should feed the post to Jorts in an attempt to get Sullinger in foul trouble.  But, Sullinger is not exactly foul prone.  He has only fouled out of 1 game this season, and that was an OSU win.  And even if he was, Jorts still hasn’t shown a lot in terms of post moves to draw fouls.  Josh has cemented his legend status with his play the last 5-6 games, he still gets most baskets off offensive rebounds and junk baskets.  I am more worried about Josh’s fouls than his ability to draw them.

6. DEANDRE LIGGINS

-Note to Deandre: your job is to stop Jon Diebler.  Your job to not to score points.  If Liggins scores 0, I will be just fine with that, as long as Diebler is contained.  Anything offensively that Liggins gives UK would be bonus in this game.  Some games Liggins can be an advantage on the offensive end of the floor.  This is not one of them.

7. ELOY VARGAS

-Look, Vargas is a 6’10” beast in the post who we now realize has been misused all season.  You truly don’t see another player dominate his 3-5 minutes game a game like Vargas.  So, don’t be surprised after a Cats win over the Buckeyes if we all say that Vargas made the difference.  Even still, he should be the 7th option.

8-10. HOOD, POOLE, AND POLSON

-Each guy should be allowed to take 2-5 shots during this game.  As long as the clock isn’t running and we are a minimum of 30 minutes from tipoff.

Article written by Bryan the Intern

77 Comments for BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: Who should the offense center around?

1. For reals
    9:05 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

J-O-R-T-S-S-S!!!

2. For reals
    9:10 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Knight’s the obvious choice. But this will take everyone’s best effort. I think TJ has the most to gain and lose from this game. Jorts has to stay on the floor and do what he does: rebound and put up garbage points, and be ready for the dish off the dribble. Ohio State is going to bring it, and UK’s top six is going to have to bring its best effort and be ready to go from the tip.

3. BigBlueFan31
    9:11 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Good peice of work BTI. Maybe the best one I’ve rad from you. With being said, I think as long as we stay out of foul trouble we can beat OSU. The other key, in my humble opinion, is whether or not Cal will let the boys run. If we can get out on these guys in the open court we have a great shot.

4. Helvete
    9:15 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Knight is the key to the offense, but UK’s 3-point defense is what will be key in this game. If we give up the 3 like we typically do, we’re doomed.

5. Terrence Jones
    9:15 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

BTI can’t spell my name correctly.

6. David E.
    9:16 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

I have a feeling that Calipari challenges Jones this week to step up against the more decorated Sullinger. I think Cal shows him videos of games from earlier this season where Jones was a beast (maybe the Notre Dame or South Carolina game) and also reminds him that his stats are not much different than Sullingers. Not that Jones will be the focal point of our offense in this game, which he shouldn’t be, but to boost his confidence and remind him that he is also a future lottery pick and can hang with the OSU front line.

7. DUKE FAN
    9:18 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Well it isnt this guy…Please, who does this guy think he is Blake Griffin….They’ll need Blake for the Ohio State game. Go ahead and bring wall and little cuz back. No chance in beating Ohio State, you all are crazy if you think it. After you beat WV thats all you all been saying “pay back”. Get over it, this is a new year, with two different teams, and you luck up and won. These top ranked talent isnt help out any is it… sad face…LOL

8. DUKE FAN
    9:19 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

DUKE # 1

9. For reals
    9:20 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

7 – You should change your name to SackHanger

10. playersfan
    9:20 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

A plus for KY, Ohio State has to be feeling great about themselve, after the blowout before a home crowd in Cleveland. Things will be different in NJ. Also, Sullinger does not work as hard as Josh, mostly I have seen him trot around, up and down the floor. He seems to get a lot of bench time. I wonder about his conditioning. Josh, needs to work on his shooting, he is too good a shooter to shoot free throws the way he has been doing. In Tampa practice, he played around instead of taking serious free throws and shots.
    Barkley picked KY over Ohio State, and Pitino agreed that KY was the type team to give them toughest game. Barkley also exploded the Big East Myth, by predicting Big East would not do well in tournament, even after Pitino challenged him and said Notre Dame was too good and would definitely not lose to FSU, unfortunately for the debate, the graphic was not shown until later, Notre Dame is 0 for 9 in the tournament against ACC teams, which again is a plus for Barkley.

11. DUKE FAN
    9:26 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Who care what Pitino says, he cant beat morehead. If thats what your trusting in, then whatever help you sleep at night. Also, Sullinger doesnt have to work as hard as josh you moron, thats talent.. You UK fan are a joke…

12. UK_Football_Fan
    9:26 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

The offense should center around Jones, but that doesn’t mean he should be the leading scorer. He should get into the post where he belongs, and be ready to pass out of double teams to get our shooters open looks and Jorts easy buckets. Funk or no, teams fear him, and we are a much better team when he doesn’t hang around the perimeter and he actually makes people guard him.

13. Capnmonkey
    9:28 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

7.) These top ranked education institute isnt help out any is it…sad face…LOL

14. David E.
    9:28 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

“DUKE FAN”, Duke would be embarrassed to have you as a fan. With your grammatical talent on display, however, I’m sure WVU would love to have you.

15. knightynight
    9:29 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

I just voted yes for the hate day poll and my vote was # 666. I’m a bit worried.

16. in the know
    9:31 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

a friend of mine saw Jones, Vargas, and Poole at the mall yesterday getting their ears pierced and asked Terrence Jones if there was any chance of him coming back next year…… Jones exact words were ” money, money, money “..
    Isn’t that nice

17. Pollster
    9:32 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

How do you vote for the KSR polls? I try clicking on the number of votes for “Yes” or “No” but all it tells me is the percentage. It’s always done this for every poll.

18. David E.
    9:33 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

16. You sure about that? Either way, I’m not worried about what he does after the season, he just needs to bring it on Friday.

With the class we have coming in AND the decent chance of Knight and Lamb sticking around, we have no worries.

19. DUKE FAN
    9:34 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

BOO HOOO david and your b/fs…Truth hurt’s dont it… DUKE #1…

20. David E.
    9:35 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Yeah, it “hurt’s”. LOL

21. WildcatFan
    9:35 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

great post, BTI….#8-10 was hilarious and made me laugh out loud! anyway you look at it, our CATS had better rest up this week, take their vitamins and pray that the stars are all in alignment come Friday at 9:45pm. we’re gonna need the game of our lives to pull off the upset, BUT I LOVE BEING CALLED THE UNDERDOG and SO DOES CAL! so, with that being said, BRING IT, BUCKEYES, IT’S ON!

22. BTI for prez
    9:36 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

11.
    I’d be willing to bet BTI is “DUKE FAN”.
    They both hurt my eyes to read.

23. Al's IndiCats
    9:36 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

10, Pitino also said that Syracuse would beat ‘Quette last night….What a moron! I feel the key to us winning would be fast breaks, and being able to shoot over their zone. I don’t think osu has the quickness that they can hang with Terrence. We need to shoot and hit about 10 to 11 3 pointers and of course DeAndre needs to play out of his mind on D.
    I also hope that since we are the under dog in this game that we become the fan favorite and we have to make it loud enough there that you won’t even be able to hear the whistle…Cats by 3 in OT

7,8, You Puke Shlubs needs to go to the dentist today, for you barely won by the skin of all 4 teeth you inbred sh!t suckers have. Hadn’t been for the refs swallowing their whistles in the second half, your rat faced little douche bag coach would’ve had to wait until next year to get his 900th win……..GO CATS!!!!!!!!

24. Hoss
    9:36 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

#7, 8 and 11… play somebody or STFU.

Butler…lmao.

25. For reals
    9:38 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Wow, Duke Fan obviously did not go to Duke. Unless they don’t teach English there.

26. BigBlueCatFan
    9:39 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Duke fan makes me laugh…..if you think for one second that J. Sullinger could over play up against Cousins, then your post is over shadowed by your ignorance. Now on to the topic at hand. Love the player breakdown….great work on that. The only thing that I disagree with is big JORTS, he has the body,height, and deffensive ability to make Sullinger work for every basket he gets. I would go as far to say that Sullinger has faced no one all year like JORTS. JORTS will draw some fouls on Sullinger on offensive rebounds. Sullinger will get into foul trouble and that will be the deciding factor. For the fun of it………..Harrelson 13pts 10rb, Miller 10pts 3rb, Liggins 6pts 5rbs, Jones 16pts 8 rb, Knight 22pts 2 rb, Lamb 12pts 4rb, Vargas 4pts 3rbs and 5 Fouls. Final Score UK 83 OSU 76. Go Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Austin
    9:41 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Lighty is the guy Liggins should be guarding. Diebler is just a 3 pt shooter (a good at that). Lighty is the only player outside of Sullinger that can create their own shot and dominate a game. Diebler has rarely been to the free throw line this year because nearly 90% of his shots have com from 3 pt land, which means he is more of a catch and shoot or pass the ball guy. Darius or Lamb should have no trouble guarding him.

28. DUKE FAN
    9:46 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

LOL, I love how you can mess with UK fans and they want to talk about other things then basketball….LOL it does hurt.. LOL Hey 23, I think you got more things to worry about (OSU) then Duke winning last night… I hope that’s not your real name either…AL…What kind of name is that?

29. Capnmonkey
    9:48 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

19.) What is a dont and why does hurt possess one?

30. HackRichards
    9:48 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

#3 – I totally agree. We should RUN RUN RUN like its our last game ever, because we we do not leave it all on the court – it will be our last game this season.

31. symphonist
    9:49 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Why legitimize DOOK FAN by acknowledging him? I think you need to flip options 2&3, go with the more experienced of the two guys. If Lamb starts out hot I’d keep feeding him but he has had tendencies to get down on himself & disappear if he misses early shots. The key is to have one of the guards cheating back on defense (say, halfcourt?) to present some runouts after a defensive rebound. Harrellson and Jones BOTH have to block out on the boards and if the Cats can stay even or have the advantage in rebounding it’ll be a game. Gotta eliminate the garbage points Sullinger will get if he dominates the boards.

32. Blue Chip
    9:49 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

DUKE FAN clearly isn’t a Duke graduate. I’m sure Duke loves having a guy with a 6th grade education cheering them on.

33. symphonist
    9:51 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Agree wholeheartedly #27.

34. I can't see the comments
    9:54 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Our offense should center around defense. Enough said.

Stop it DUKE FAN this hurts so much ! I’m gonna have to go on Duke boards and start bashing coach K and his girls if you continue. Oh wait, no, I’m not gonna do that because I am actually not a moron. And I have a life. And I don’t know any Duke boards anyways because I support my own team and don’t waste my time bashing others.

35. BigBlueCatFan
    9:54 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

If anyone on the team can box out it is Jorts. I think he can put a big body on Sullinger and force him to take bad shots. He will also keep him off the glass (some what). I still say Sullinger has not faced many if any big men this year that are bigger than he is. He will have a tough time with Jorts. As will Jorts will with him.

36. JORTS
    9:55 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

“Sullinger doesn’t have to work as hard as Josh, thats talent”… Renardo Sidney also has loads of natural talent, but what happened when he got outworked by Jorts, he was beat down the floor constantly and Jorts got quite a few easy baskets becuase of his hard work. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think anyone could work less and waste more talent than Sidney, but Sully better be ready to get down the court because that is one area where Jorts has beaten just about every other big man he has gone up against.

37. yesterdays
    9:58 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

It will be hard for Jones to drive. Noone respects his outside shot and its very easy to force him left. Now if DIEBLER is guarding him, then you post him up early and often. We need all six of our main guys to play well and be threats to score in their usual ways. For Lamb, this is making open shots and hitting a few of those runners he likes. For Liggins, it is scoring 6-10 quiet points. Jorts needs to play without fouling and be a factor on both ends. Miller needs to consistently exploit his size or quickness advantage. WVU bumped him and he seemed to revert to his frosh and soph ways.

38. poops mcgee
    10:00 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Why not wear Diebler down by giving Liggins the ball and making him work on the defensive end as well? Soften his legs up, maybe draw some fouls? Who knows what could happen.

39. b-ball fan
    10:06 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

It will be a tough game, but the Cats can win if they stay focused.

40. TreyDay
    10:08 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

This is the game that defines Terrence Jone’s career at UK. Especially if it is only for this year. He has the opportunity to man-handle Sullinger and win him more points for the draft if anything else. We know that Knight will come out strong, but Jones needs to step up his game by at least two fold by attempting to drive and hit some open jump shots. He has the opportunity to truly be the difference maker in this game.

41. DUKE FAN
    10:11 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

I have to say I like this years UK team alot better then last, but Go Duke…

42. BGFan
    10:14 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Knight needs to score, but is more valuable when he runs the offense and gets the other players involved with good shots to build their confidence. Knight can have a great game scoring, but we will not beat a team like OSU unless everyone is involved. Knight needs to get Jorts and Jones underneath, Lamb on the wing, and dish off to Miller & Liggons when they double team Knight.

43. DUKE FAN
    10:16 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

I want to opologize for all my not good gramer. I thunk you UK fan (optional s) is crazy. I want to be the number 1 to say that there is no DUKE without UK. Oh yeah I graduated to Duke school of law. with a minor in grammer.

44. DUKE FANkyrobman
    10:17 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

43) That’s great

45. DUKE FAN
    10:17 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Lets be real then UK fans,The only way UK can win is if Ohio State doesn’t show up to play. Just like Florida did in the SEC championship game. That’s the only way UK has a chance. And if you think for once UK can play with OSU when they are on their game, then you are crazy and need help and know nothing about basketball…

46. kyrobman
    10:19 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

45) you make my head hurt.

47. nba
    10:22 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Obviously, liggins is our stopper but id like to see him run the point in the dribble drive…he can get to the rim and make things happen as well

48. DUKE FAN
    10:23 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

it will be pounding after friday night…

49. b-ball fan
    10:29 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

As #31 said, why even acknowledge comments from a dook fan. Keep rolling with the UK comments, which is why this web site was started.

50. symphonist
    10:30 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Nothing better to do than to troll other teams’ message boards?? What a sad, sad life, but hey, it’s only a week or so till you can go to the mailbox to git yer gubment check…

51. David E.
    10:31 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

48. You’re right, but enough about you and your sister.

52. DUKE FAN
    10:31 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Please 36 don’t compare Renardo Sidney to Sullinger… You are crazy, I mean really crazy… You seriously think that Josh Harrellson is better then Sullinger???? lol I’m sure he’s a lottery pick as well… tell me right now thats what you think. Sidney is overweight and out of shape. Harrellson plays for UK because that’s all they have.

53. Charley
    10:32 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Why worry about who scores for UK? The team will do fine on offense against OSU… all that matters is defense and holding OSU under 70.

54. KYWineman
    10:34 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

#45 If you truly are a Duke fan you have bigger things to worry about than proving your ignorance on this blog. Michigan was a pull up 3 pointer from sending your sorry asses home. Face a good team in the tourney and you are history.

55. David E.
    10:36 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

54. Well said!

56. DUKE FAN
    10:40 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

51…Hey David E, don’t talk to me. You have sick things going through your head right now that requires counseling… I mean seriously man; you need help badly to even think of these things. I say your gay, does you wife know. No wait if you are she probably cheats on you. Never mind loser…

57. gocats
    10:40 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

i see ya working big fella

58. Musehobo
    10:43 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

“Look, Vargas is a 6′10” beast in the post who we now realize has been misused all season” Is this a joke? Tell me it’s a joke.

59. Aaron Craft is LEGIT
    10:43 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

BTI says: “You can not tell me that a Brandon Knight v. Aaron Craft matchup doesn’t excite you.” I’ll say it … that matchup scares me to DEATH. Obviously, you’ve never cared to watch Craft play defense. He’s scary good on that end of the floor. Forget about how many points a couple players put up to defend your previous point which was a JOKE. Craft and Lighty get after it and are VERY GOOD (bordering on great) defenders. Now, Diebler and even Sullinger … those are two guys that aren’t world-beaters defensively. But Jorts gets points off boards, not isolation plays .. so not much chance to expose Sullinger or get him in foul trouble that way. Something to look for: Who does Diebler guard? And can that player beat him like a rented mule?

60. DUKE FAN
    10:44 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

BOO HOO 54… Like I told someone earlier, during close games UK fans are the ones that worry. You got to have confidence in you team like we do at Duke they will get the W…Don’t look good for you Friday night, don’t wear your heart on your sleeve, it shows your weakness…

61. colonal sanders
    10:44 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

charles barkley will learn his lesson when marquette wins it all

62. Musehobo
    10:47 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

I do, in fact, see now that it was a joke (after a re-read) But with BTI, you never know.

63. DUKE FAN
    10:53 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

You guys are nut jobs. Josh is going to block out Sullinger LOL LOL LOL…you will see!!!! Josh won’t be guarding Sullinger you non basketball fans, Jones will and it’s a miss match all night. Unless Cal throws them a 2-3 def, but he’s crazy if he does… Listen, I’ll be back friday night. See you loser then. I can’t deal with you guys anymore…I’m done lol

64. b-ball fan
    10:54 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

I was at both games and saw the Cats “kick it up” to get the win. Calipari will have them ready for OSU.

65. JORTS
    10:59 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

52) Did you even read what I wrote??? I said Sidney was a waste of space, but he still shows glimpses of pure natural ability that few have, especially not Harrelson. The point was talent has nothing to do with hustle and Sullinger better be ready to get down the floor because there aren’t many big men that get down the floor as well as Jorts.

66. David E.
    11:01 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

“DUKE FAN”, Charlie Sheen called. He wants his schtick back.

67. David E.
    11:04 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

59. Ohio State is a complete team. It is going to take a great effort by UK and even then, we may come up short. Yes, their backcourt defends well. There are no glaring weaknesses on this team. Several things have to work in Kentucky’s favor to get this one.

68. Sammydog
    11:25 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

Duke fan has to be a Tard in disquise.

69. ukfan
    11:35 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

After both games in Tampa, the UK band and cheerleaders led the crowd in singing “My Old Kentucky Home”. It was great!!! GO CATS!!!

70. stone
    11:53 am March 21, 2011 Permalink

59. Craft was guarding Taylor and Moore during those point explosions in OSU’s only losses. He is undersized and is very pickable. He is hard to drive against, because he is quick laterally, but someone like Knight will be able to shoot over him. Whether or not UK can compete with OSU will depend on Knight’s ability to bury the jumper. The other big factor: who will guard Jones. He is a matchup problem. OSU can use Lauderdale or Sullinger and run the risk of Jones taking wither one to the rack. Or they can go with Lighty, who is smaller but capable of guarding bigger wings. They will probably throw combinations at him not to let him get comfortable.

71. on to the next one
    12:40 pm March 21, 2011 Permalink

Liggins is going to guard Buford bc deibler doesn’t have the ability to go to the rim and Buford does. He is a first Round projection as well. Deibler is a shooter. Shooter only

72. Josh V
    1:50 pm March 21, 2011 Permalink

Honestly I would LOVE for Eloy or Jorts to come out and have the game of their life, I think that Diebler and Liggins will “Cancel” each other out Offensively, Knight and Craft will have similar results. I think this game will come down to how well Lamb can shoot the 3 and if Jones decides to show up or not. This will not be a game won in the paint but rather, a game won behind the arch.(Not saying I don’t want Jorts to go HAM) and as for Sullinger, It would be the headline for the next month if Lamb came out and stopped him, and honestly, I do not think that Jones is up for the task, lets see a junk defensive come out and throw them off there feet! GO BLUE!

73. What?
    1:55 pm March 21, 2011 Permalink

DUKE FAN —- why you even on this website if youre a Duke fan? i think you are the joke buddy

74. kyrobman
    3:52 pm March 21, 2011 Permalink

DUKE FAN = Idiot

75. b-ball fan
    3:56 pm March 21, 2011 Permalink

Believe me, Josh does NOT want to play his last game anytime soon. He will be the “BIG” man on the floor!

76. ?
    3:58 pm March 21, 2011 Permalink

?

77. ???
    8:44 pm March 21, 2011 Permalink

The offense, as always, will be focused on Knight. He always has the ball in his hands, and runs off of multiple screens every possession.

That said, I like our matchups with Jones, Miller, Lamb, and Liggins. For that reason, I want UK to survey the floor and attack where the matchups makes sense. If Diebler is on Lamb…let Lamb take him to the hole. If Diebler is on Miller, post him. If Lauderdale is on Jones…get it to him out top and let him go off the dribble. Basically, play to the team’s strengths versus Ohio State’s defensive weakness. Thomas, Diebler, and Lauderdale will be the easiest to attack. Lighty, if he is guarding Jones or Miller can be posted as well. Knight will get his, off of picks, free throws, and in transition.

The Cats need a team effort. And, as stated easrlier in this comment section, they need to focus on the defensive end. Limit threes, finish defensive possessions with rebounds, and push the ball for easy scoring opportunities.