All this week I am discussing a topic that is a popular one on this site and amongst UK fans: jersey retirement.  UK has not retired the jersey of a player that has played at the school since 1993 (Mashburn).  But, in the last 20 years, certainly there have been quite a few great players to come through Lexington, and I feel there are FIVE that have earned a jersey retirement.  I was originally going to do Anthony Davis and John Wall here today, but changed my mind and think Anthony Davis and Darius Miller makes for a more interesting comparison.  Davis as the epitome of a great 1 and done and Miller as a 4-year, consistent, well-liked kid.  Here is the schedule for the rest of the week in case you missed the other posts:

MONDAY: Tony Delk (IN) and Wayne Turner (OUT)
TUESDAY: Tayshaun Prince (IN) and Rex Chapman (OUT)
WEDNESDAY: Keith Bogans (IN) and Chuck Hayes (OUT)
THURSDAY: Patrick Patterson (IN) and Jodie Meeks (OUT)

Now, before we get into today’s 2 players, I feel like I should clarify what I consider important to getting your jersey retired.  My criteria are fairly simple:

-I think individual stats and accolades are significantly more important than team success.  It doesn’t mean that winning a title doesn’t help some, but if you were an average player on a title team, I don’t think it boosts you into legend status.  I call this the Cameron Mills argument.

-A player’s “likeability” has no sway for me.  Rajon Rondo was not well-liked while at UK, but belongs up there more than Ramel Bradley does.

-NBA success has NO EFFECT whatsoever.  If had an effect, then we would have to also take out the NBA busts.  I don’t think Ron Mercer should be damaged by what he did after UK.

With that said, let’s look at the 2 players for today: ANTHONY DAVIS AND DARIUS MILLER

LET HIM IN (Anthony Davis)

The Individual Numbers
Points: 567 (128th all-time, 5th Freshman all-time)
Rebounds: 415 (1st Freshman all-time)
Blocks: 186 (5th all-time, 1st Freshman all-time)

The Team Numbers
National Championships: 1 (2012)
SEC Championships: 1 (2012)

Awards
2012 National Player of the Year
2012 1st Team All-American
2012 SEC Player of the Year
2012 1st team All-SEC
2012 Final Four MOP

Before 2012, I would have NEVER considered 1 and done players for inclusion into the rafters at Rupp Arena.  Anthony Davis changed that for me.  It only took a national player of the year who broke school records and also won a national title while being the Final Four MOP.  In his 1 season, Davis did everything that a player could do to deserve the honor.  John Wall had similar individual impact without the title.  If Wall’s team had made the Final Four, I might have considered him.  I’ve mentioned that I don’t consider team success as important as individual success, but when it comes to 1 year players, I think the team result becomes that much more important.

KEEP HIM OUT (Darius Miller)

The Individual Numbers
Points: 1,248 (34th all-time)
Assists: 228 (22nd all-time)
Steals: 114 (27th all-time)
Blocks: 99 (19th all-time)

The Team Numbers
National Championships: 1 (2012)
SEC Championships: 2 (2010 and 2012)
SEC Tournament Championships: 2 (2010 and 2011)

Awards
2011 SEC Tournament MVP

Miller is such a tough call.  He was a solid, consistent, loveable player in his 4 years in Lexington.  When his shot wasn’t going down, fans struggled with him.  When the shots were falling, fans cheered a little bit harder for Miller.  Kentucky born players always get that kind of relationship with the fans.  The problem for me when it comes to arguing for Miller is he never was a star.  He was basically a high end role player in each of his 4 years.  And while that might earn you a special place in the hearts of UK fans, it doesn’t earn you a jersey retirement in my opinion.  It’s the same reason I don’t think the Unforgettables should have been inducted invidually.  Together as a group, maybe.  But as individuals they didn’t earn it.  The jersey retirement is for the best of the best individual careers in UK history.  I am sure Darius Miller would say he would very happy with his UK career, and he should be.  But do we really consider it comparable to the careers of Kenny Walker, Alex Groza, Jamal Mashburn, etc?  I don’t see it.

Follow me on twitter at @BryantheIntern or @mysports790.  And if you would like a non-UK sports blog to mess around with each day, I would highly recommend The Sports Pit.

Article written by Bryan the Intern

76 Comments for BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: Jersey Rafters Week, Part V: Anthony Davis and Darius Miller

1. Mike
    9:06 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

I think they’re both in. And I put Darius Miller in because he was 4 year player and a major contributor in each of those 4 years. A very rare thing. He is from Kentucky and eventually helped us win our first NC in over a decade. Its about more than just raw numbers.

2. Changeofplans
    9:07 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Weren’t you going to do wall vs Davis?

3. Ridge Runner
    9:09 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Well… I Ridge Runner now suck. Why?

I agree with BTI on his reasoning and his choices this past week on the series. I am not proud of this however.
    🙁

4. Cincy cat
    9:09 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

I don’t believe a one and done should be in the rafters. Davis is a great player, but players need to stay longer than a year to have this honor.

5. trueblue32
    9:12 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Miller for sure. No one and dones

6. Kevin
    9:12 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Miller = In

3)ridge, you bee here a long time and get a pass. BTI ben here long time too but he sux cause it’s all he knows.

7. Miller for President
    9:13 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

I thought this was going to be Wall V Davis also, that one is much more clear to me. I think Darius is one of the rare cases, nearly top 30 in all statistical categories, NC, SEC Tourney MVP, Mr. Basketball in HS? and State Champ… Miller is the archetype of who should be in our rafters, you got this wrong. AD of course goes in, and even though you don’t want to credit post Kentucky career info, the fact that he has Olympic Gold is a really big deal.

8. FrogWilson
    9:14 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

You’re Fired BTI

9. Ridge Runner
    9:17 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

6, thx… I think.

Still the thing that gets me is there is no rhyme or reason why jerseys get retired and names in the rafters. You can go from a true legend to a kid most forget. I really would not have a problem with any logical-system of sorts that could get consistency in how we do this. At least, we could argue the process if it was known.

10. Aaron
    9:26 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Tough call here. I have to agree.

9– agreed and UK is all over the place with gets hoisted to the rafters. No specific criteria and too much subjective criteria at the moment is what hurts us.

11. ThatsAShame
    9:30 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

To make a blanket statement like ‘no one and dones in the rafters’ is a mistake in my opinion. As BTI said (oh God I hate typing that) Davis did it all.

My question to those that say no one and dones is, how long does he have to stay? Does a two year kid have a chance? 3 years?

Hanging a jersey is about legacy. Davis was a legacy player in his one year. He achieved every conceivable honor and award and won an NC of which we has the star player on a loaded team. He will forever be the modern-day touchstone to which every other big man at UK is measured. (Sorry Issel – modern day) That should get you in the rafters regardless of how long you stayed.

12. Aaron
    9:30 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

also, this ability not to have a set criteria who gets our ring of honor so to speak actually makes our legacy look bad. It’s like we are not organized and somebody says, “ok, hell put his up there too”.

13. NEWMAN
    9:30 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Way to flip flop twice on this thread, BTI. Hey at least you acknowledged you changed Wall to Miller on today’s post, as opposed to yesterday’s when you snuck in Meeks without explanation.

Good lord, you really do suck. Even within the boundaries you create for yourself.

14. Novel Idea
    9:34 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

BTI, forward your criteria to Uk athletics. Perhaps a light will then come on for them.

15. cracka
    9:37 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

darius was usually a good role player, sometimes a great role player … you don’t hang jerseys for role players, you just love ’em as a fan for going to work for 4 years and being a team player and a contributor

anthony davis is a no brainer with those awards and a ‘ship

16. BiloxiGuy77
    9:37 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Then why don’t we stick every 4-year, fan favorite player in the rafters. Darius was cool but does not belong up there with the rest of them. My opinion is that UK has the same results with or without Darius. I mean how many games were we practically begging him to show up in?

17. Wtf
    9:38 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Miller- out r u joking. Better than miller= delk, Walker Kenny and Antoine, mashburn, Chris Harrison

AD – out. Freshman no make rafters sorry

18. Mark
    9:39 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

9) You are so right. BTI, I still have problems with Bogans.

19. Mark
    9:41 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Looks like we all agree on one thing. UK needs some kind of a criteria.

17, There are players who could stay here 8 years and not come close to what Davis did. get real.

20. asdf
    9:42 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

A perfect example of how this silly “text speak” can be almost incomprehensible.

21. Welp
    9:42 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Contradictions & inconsistencies are strong with you, BTI.

22. Mark
    9:45 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

20) Look around dude. I think you are in a world of your own. I’m thinking 1920-1930 era.

23. mamma
    9:46 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Miller is not going up, get real. He wast the example of a BLA player. You tards just hold him up now due to the title. Prior three years all you said he had no fire, no passion, a ho hum player……..

He will never be in the rafters….

AD will never be in the rafters due to 1 year only…. How many early exit players are up there folks…Z E R O

UK is a school and therefor only senior graduates will go up there…
    They do have criteria. Great player and a graduate WHILE THEY WERE PLAYING FOR THE SCHOOL. NO post NBA career.

Other wise Mashburn would have been put up there.

24. blueinbardstown
    9:48 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

23, oh please don’t give an example of there not being any 1-yr players up there already. That is the same rafters (ie..process) who have names up there who we don’t even know.

Davis – in by a mile!

25. zzbottom
    9:49 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

I think Chris Harrison and ROb Locke are going up!!

26. blueinbardstown
    9:49 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

23, oh & Monster Mash is up there moron.

27. AaronJ
    9:54 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

We will run out of jersey numbers at this pace.

28. mamma
    9:55 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

24, oh please. You don’t know them because you were not alive when they played, friend. They were grat players back in the day. You know UK basketball 100+ years….You are a UK fan, right?
    Davis Will N E V E R be up there. That would make it look like the SCHOOL cared about basketball more than……S C H O O L……… And no matter what you say it’s true…

Davis Out.
    Goodwin…OUT hahahahhaaha

29. zzbottom
    9:56 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

When will Rob Locke and Martinez go up

30. Allen
    9:57 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

28, shut up and I’m sure you are an example of the reasoning why there is no criteria. Troll

31. Allen
    9:59 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Look at this actual list?? Most are good but certainly some WTFs

Basil Hayden — 1920-21-22
    34 — John Pelphrey — 1989-90-91-92
    11 — Sean Woods — 1990-91-92
    24 — Jamal Mashburn — 1991-92-93
    Rick Pitino, Head Coach — 1990-1997

32. The Dude
    10:02 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

The “no freshmen in the rafters” argument is ridiculous. Look at his career awards and numbers. How could you keep a guy with that resume out? I don’t care how long your career was, if you won National Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, First Team All American and Final Four MOP and led the team to a National Championship you should be in the rafters.

33. Allen
    10:04 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

The wtfs?

32 – Richie Farmer
    12 — Deron Feldhaus
    34 — John Pelphrey
    11 — Sean Woods
    7 – John “Frenchy” DeMoisey
    4 — Layton “Michey” Rouse

34. asdf
    10:06 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

22, just pointing out that almost all intelligent people look down on people who use “u” and “r” in writing when they aren’t actually texting or tweeting. Didn’t you already know that??

35. RuppsRafters
    10:08 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

I hate to say it Neither of these guys belong in the rafters. I love Darius, his experience and talent was a huge key to UK’s 8th national championship, but he simply doesn’t belong in the rafters.

In the case of Davis, he did as much as, or more than any player in the history of Kentucky basketball has done in one season, but you can’t put him up there simply because he wasn’t there long enough. You argue Rex doesn’t belong because, while he was great for 2 years, he only stayed 2 years. I argue that same point with AD. Someday I might change my mind on this because in the culture of college basketball today the “one-and-done” is the norm (although Cal/Kentucky trolls want to single UK out and call it cheating, or say that Kentucky alone is ruining the game because of the many one year guys that come though, even though it happens everywhere). For now, however, I can’t put AD in Rupp’s Rafters any more than I could put Durrant in the rafters if I were a Texas fan, or Kyrie in the rafters if I were a…D*** fan.

36. The Dude
    10:09 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

#28, You don’t hang a jerzy based on what they did in school. It is all about basketball weather you like it or not. “This ain’t no spelling bee”

37. Education
    10:10 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

I think that Bryan needs a little education. Rafters or not hung purely for accomplishments on the court but also character. Miller is a Kentucky native. A Kentucky state campion ship. Survived Billy g. Stuck through the coaching changed. Utmently leading a group of one and dones to a national champion ship. He was a 4 year player that took over our hearts. A stand up gentlemen. A Kentucky fan since birth. Ect.. Giving miller a spot in the rafters is not just for is on court accomplishments but what he has done as a Kentuckian.

38. Tanya
    10:10 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

BTI, i think this whole series is disrespectful. That being said, a one and done, no, they do not get in. Miller would get in, he gave four years, under two coaches, two final fours and a national championship. Quality.

39. Tanya
    10:11 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

RuppsRafters is exactly right. It cannot be a one or the other thing. I say both are out. Rex would be before Davis. Rex brought us back from near death.

40. Mike
    10:13 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

37, Farmer blows your comment all to hell. Next?

41. Mike
    10:13 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

39, Enjoy what you are drinking.

42. Mike
    10:15 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

39, if Rex did that, my God John Wall’s 1 year actually brought us from the casket BCG put us in.

43. STEVE!
    10:17 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Obviously we need high standards are criteria for anyone new that is added, but that puts them at an unfair disadvantage to thoise who were selected when standards were apparently much lower. There are 10 jerseys in the rafters of players that were on the 1954 – 1957 teams, not exactly our greatest period in history. I would put Delk, Bogans, Prince, Wall, Cousins, and Davis up against any of those men.

44. dcKY76
    10:18 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Both in…Davis for accolades and his role in gearing #8, and Miller for his accepting his roles during his 4 years. Without Miller on the 2012 team, Davis might not have earned all the accolades! If one has to be chosen, then it should be Miller…he was the glue that held it all together!

45. STEVE!
    10:26 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

I admire Darius for the role he played in bringing home #8, but you can’t put someone in the rafters just because they stayed around 4 years and won a championship. If so, then yo have to put Lee, Phillips, Claytor, Delk, McCarty, Padgett, Turner, and Shepherd up there, too. All probably had similar or better career numbers and won a championship.

46. STEVE!
    10:29 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

How did Rex chapman bring us back from near death? We were in the Final 4 a couple of years before he arrived, and accomplished nothing of significance as a team the two years he was here. He bailed out when he saw the possibility of Probation coming.

47. Musehobo
    10:33 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

This recurring post has been typical BTI. Try to fit something loaded with intangibles into something measurable. All the stats and accolades are great factors in helping to determine who’s jersey goes up, but it’s not enough. There are so many other factors that should play in to the decision that there’s simply no way to quantify them. Again, I’ve said this all week, “legacy” would include immeasurable factors such as community service, relationship with the fans, the importance of the recruitment for that time, and many other things that you can’t dismiss just so you can have some criteria that makes the decision easy. This week’s posts rolled all of things into one category called (and incorrectly spelled) “likeablity”, and was quickly dismissed by BTI.

When we look up in the rafters, we want to see the names of not just the people with the top ranking stats and trophies, we want to see UK legends.

48. BurnFarmer'sJerseyInPhoenixPark
    10:36 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

@37. Don’t say BTI needs to be educated when you cannot communicate your own thoughts in writing.

49. Preston
    10:39 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

47, — see 33’s comment and get back to us.

It’s frigging flawed. It needs a “criteria” of any sorts –any. Don’t just give up and say it can’t happen. Damn, that is why the process is broke because of things like what you said. Close that subjectivity. We are UK. We have a legacy and it’s about time we showed we aren’t the church league’s best team but a organized blueblood.

50. H.A. Milton
    10:43 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Props BTI, I have to say, you have been on top of your game since your return. Davis has to be in the rafters, and Wall. Also, I agree that Miller should not be. If he hadn’t gotten to be a part of the 11-12 team his ‘legacy’ would look a lot different. Conversely, and I do recognize the leadership he provided (same as Uncle Julius last year), that team’s legacy wouldn’t have been that different without him…

51. Gold Medal
    10:52 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

I think you can include making the Olympic team as part of AD’s rafter argument. He had yet to play a game as a pro at that point. His invitation was based on his (short) UK career.

52. daniel
    10:54 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

no way we win the title with out him……..

53. Musehobo
    10:56 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

@Preston So your argument is…”see 33’s comment”? Since you fail to explain what your problem is with those 6 players having their jersey retired, it looks like I’ll have to guess.

The last two played ball in the thirties. If you look at the amount of games played, consider the lack of shot clock and three point line, and the change in athleticism, I think that stats might be a part of the problem here. However, If I look up these players, I’d much rather read their bio with interesting tidbits about who they were to UK than just their outdated stat line.

If your problem is with the guys from the 90’s, I think you’ll find most UK fans want those names up there. Richie can’t even be a part of this discussion. Any player at any time can disgrace himself with any act regardless of why he’s up there. Story outweighs basic stat lines.

54. bleeding blue
    10:57 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

52, and “him” is — umm — waiting — –?

55. kadizkat
    10:58 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

With your choice today you are back to sucking.

56. Ridge Runner
    11:01 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

I’m an older UK fan (umm-umm)..heh, but in all seriousness any of you guys have an opinion on Grevey being in the rafters? I loved his left handed jumper but I admit I am not sold on him being there. Certainly wouldn’t remove it but it was a thought that came across my mind before.

Any thoughts out there on Kevin?

57. Ridge Runner
    11:03 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Perhaps I’m being too restrictive in my doubts on Grevey.

58. BigBlueNat.....
    11:20 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Without Miller No 8 Banner would NEVER be hanging in Rupp Plain and simple!!!! Go CATS!!!!!

59. cadukfan
    11:28 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

unforgettables should have group banner not each his own.

60. Walter Kronkite
    11:49 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

Going forward with the program, what would it look like if we put Darius up in the rafters instead of Davis, and used that decision as our future criteria?

We would then have a bunch of good players up there, but no All-Americans, NPOYs, or future NBA all-stars. Dominique Hawkins and Derek Willis would have a better chance of being up there than Davis, or MKG, or Wall, or Randle, or Cousins, etc- what kind of sense does that make?

If Kevin Garnett or Carmelo Anthony had come to UK, would it not be the height of idiocy not to advertise and capitalize on their names, instead of having a shiny Jarred Polsen jersey hanging up there instead?

People need to stop with the “four year graduate” concept because the best players ain’t staying for 4 years anymore.

61. stillincomplete
    11:52 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

The “Unforgettables” still need Reggie Hanson added.

62. Legacy
    11:56 am June 14, 2013 Permalink

We should let former players vote on who gets their jersey hung in the rafters. Like the HOF, there should be a minimum % and not necessarily the most votes.

63. WannaWriteForKSR
    12:05 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

Once again Bryan The Intern misses the mark on what truly defines the honor of having a jersey hung in the rafters of Rupp. Davis is in no question. It’s irrelevant to have these fictious debates because players must graduate from UK to receive the honor in the first place. With that said, in the realm of arguing who’s “in/out” there’s no question that Darius Miller is IN. Based on his contributions during his critical senior season, giving up a starting role and accepting his role from the bench. Unselfishness he displayed during his time for the Big Blue are the things Bryan the Intern can’t measure without a stat sheet. Plus the fact he endured three different coaches from recruitment to champion. Perservence and unselfishness alone get his jersey in the rafters. When will you realize Bryan that being remembered and honored at UK is more about the things you can’t measure with stats?

64. O&D
    12:15 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

If I wasn’t a UK fan but still a basketball fan in general, would I remember where the ones and dones played their college ball 10 years from now. Davis maybe an exception but in 10 years, would someone watching Bledsoe, Cousins, Wall, or some of the other O&D and automatically think Kentucky.

There should be more weight on a multi year player’s contributions than an O&D’s impact.

65. mamma
    12:26 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

2 all u who r wanna B teachers. Y r u wasting time on this subject.
    But keep on posting because I find it funny that your only trash talk is about spelling and the pulse of the on line community as a whole to be able to speak for every person on earth as to what they look down upon.

Moving on. Miller will N E V E R be put up there. Sorry. Like the guy just not going to happen. Move on.

Farmer and crew are up there more as a pride issue that talent.
    one and done will never be up there….sorry. Yes it is about school. They are Students first! They school cares more about their academics than they EVER will about a sport… Now as a fan that isn’t the case. No academics…..No school. All the school’s money is from academics..Not sports. Research grants etc. (I love it when someone who is a fan doesn’t say something You agree with and they’re a ‘troll’)
    UK will want to keep a high standard when it comes to it’s Image and that is one of academic success on completion not sports which would have the reverse effect.

Second.

This is a BTI post so why are we all fighting among ourselves when it’s BTI that we should focus our anger towards?!

66. No
    12:31 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

63, wrong. Mashburn’s was hung before he graduated.

65, wrong. Long typed out hogwash from an opinion no one agrees with.

67. Logic
    12:37 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

64, if you weren’t / aren’t a UK fan, you won’t know a UK player in the NBA anyway. You wouldn’t care or keep up with it if they played here 10 years. So your point is stupid.

68. Wild Blue
    12:49 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

Time have changed in college basketball and the criteria for UK jerseys in the rafters needs to change along with the times. Davis accomplished more in one season than most of those already hanging in Rupp and they had four years. One of the primary purposes students attend college is to prepare for a future career. That is what the one and dones are doing. They don’t need four years or a degree to have a career in the NBA making millions more than a student graduating with a degree. I would love to see them all stay for four years but until the NBA changes, the best of the best will only be on campus one year. This is a new era in college basketball and UK’s policy for hanging jerseys in Rupp needs to change.

69. mamma
    12:51 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

66 – And You’re wrong. It is tha case on hanging numbers in Rupp. No suit up and get back to cleaning up the road kill off I64.

70. Real UK Fan
    12:56 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

Anthony Davis is a no brainer. He may well be the best to ever play at UK. While Miller was a good player, he did nothing to distinguish himself among the elite in UK history. No way should his jersey be in the rafters.

71. the Big Dog
    12:59 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

It seems like in the past (40’s and 50’s) all you had to do was win a championship and the whole team went up to the rafters. Throw in the Unforgettables and you have accounted for almost twenty jerseys. If we now deny players for not staying 4 years then we are pretty much closing the book on this honor. No truly great player will ever stay four years. In my view, your entire list except for perhaps Meeks should be in.

72. matt
    2:01 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

If you have debate a guy getting his jersey retired, then that guy shouldnt have his jersey retired.

73. Good Point
    2:24 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

#72, well said. Only problem would be the voice of the person who makes the call on if they are rafter worthy. Bottom line, UK athletics needs to come up with some standard process/criteria.

74. Walter Kronkite
    2:27 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

It is a myth that rafter candidates must have a degree. Look it up.

75. jpizzle
    6:32 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

Davis- Yes, Miller no. Another time that BTI was right. That’s 4 of 5 this week. Good job BTI

76. Michael
    9:22 pm June 14, 2013 Permalink

Anyone saying Davis does not belong up there is a moron. If ever there was a player that deserved to go up in the rafters its him. I dont care how long he stayed. Dont fault him because he was good enough to get drafted 1st after one of the single greatest seasons not only in Kentucky history but college basketball history.