BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: Generation Gap when it comes to College Cheating?

Everybody seemed to care.  Until Manziel threw for 500 yards.

With the news last week that 3 SEC schools were under investigation for potential NCAA violations, it just added to another in a long line of scandals to affect college athletics.  Just in the last 2 years, we’ve had:

-Miami football multiple violations

-Penn State sex scandal

-Oklahoma State/CNNSI reports

-3 SEC schools under investigation

-Johnny Manziel and autographs

And over the last 10 years, off the top of my head, we’ve had serious problems at USC, North Carolina, and Ohio State.

But what has been interesting to me is the response of people in relation to these scandals and what should be done to try and clean up (or not) college athletics.  Some believe that there is no excuse for the cheating and they find it disgraceful how many programs feel the need to cheat and cheat blatantly.  While many others seem to shrug it off and attempt to argue the rules should adjust for the cheating, i.e. paying college athletes.  So, I tried to pay attention to what made certain people feel 1 way and others to feel almost the opposite, and I noticed one trend.

People under 30 are more willing to accept cheating as a way of college athletics and look the other way.  While those over 30, especially over 50, are the ones bemoaning all of the scandals to rock college sports in the last 25 years.  I have to admit, I am 28 years old.  And frankly, I don’t care one iota if Johnny Manziel took money for autographs or my team’s players are getting “special treatment” from tutors.  Hell, I made a post several weeks ago where I said I don’t care if my players smoke weed.  It’s college.  Get over it.

But when it comes actual program-wide cheating, I take an approach that I think many believe it, but might not be willing to admit.  And it’s fairly simple.  I DON’T CARE IF MY PROGRAM CHEATS.  I CARE IF THEY GET CAUGHT.  When it boils down to me as a fan, I want to win.  I like my team to win and win big.  And frankly, it would be naive for me to believe that my program is the one that “does it the right way”.  Please!  It ain’t happening.  Some programs cheat at different levels.  But I think if CNNSI investigated any of the 120 Division 1-A football programs, they would find similar allegations at each and every one of them.  Don’t be dumb.

But back to the age gap for a second.  The reason that people like me under 30 are not as passionately opposed to the nastiness in college athletics is because we grew up with it.  It’s frankly all we know.  All we know is about Miami football of the 1980’s and football scandals at nearly all the top programs.  All we know is that to win big in big-time college athletics, you have to skirt the rules.  But for people over 50, they still believe that college sports can be like it was in the 1960’s.  A Pleasantville-like era of college athletics where everybody played for the love of the game, and players loved their school above all else.  Everybody was virtuous.  And if you weren’t, then you were the outcast of the college world.  But frankly, that time doesn’t exist anymore.  And we are at a point of no return.

Penn State still draws 100,000 to every game.  Texas A&M fans are still buying Manziel jerseys and nearly everybody watching football Saturday tuned in to watch Johnny Football throw all over Alabama.  And we were all entertained.  Manziel is a complete prick.  There is no doubt.  And if you have an IQ over 35, you know he took something.  But guess what?  I couldn’t care less and I would want him as my QB all day, every day.  People over 50 seem to disagree.

So, where do you stand?  Is age the thing that separates us when it comes to cheating in college athletics?  Or are you a young person who can not stand the cheating, or an older person who accepts it as a way of life?

Article written by Bryan the Intern

51 Comments for BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: Generation Gap when it comes to College Cheating?

1. Young Gun
    9:23 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Disagree. I want my program to have integrity and win the right way. And I’m 20 years old. I have no tolerance for cheaters and liars.
    On the subject of players: what you do in your free time is your own business, but college football coaches go into the homes of players, look that player’s mother and father in the eye, and tell them “I’m going to take care of your boy.” And then they don’t. As a coach, if you allow your players to break the law, you’re letting them down. As a player, you should be concerned with the thousands of children who look up to you, who want to be the next RB for OK St or play PG for the Cats (looking at you, Richie Farmer). Be concerned about being a role model and an example, because you will be.

2. lloyd
    9:25 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

That virtuous era you speak of never existed. It’s a phenomenon called nostalgia. The fans were just ignorant to the goings on of their program due to the lack of technology. I can’t imagine how much easier it would be to cover up a scandal 30, 40, 50 years ago.

3. Wedding Planner
    9:25 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDanielsFOX
    The word behind the scene is Kansas currently leads for the top 3 big men (Okafor, Turner & Alexander) in the 2014 class. Think about that.

NOT GOOD

4. Bill
    9:25 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Doesn’t surprise me at all. Another example of the moral decline in this country. And yes I am over 50 and those of us that are remember a time when right was right and wrong was wrong.

5. OlderGuy
    9:28 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

BTI, I suppose you don’t care that Lance Armstrong or Barry Bonds took drugs. Or if Muhammed took money from Addidas or if the Duke player (Stevenson?) was given enough money to buy extravagant jewelry? As long as people pay to watch it’s OK w/you. Oh, and I guarantee you never coached if you don’t care if your players are smoking pot? Then ends justify the means. That’s the way you see it right? I wonder, are these the same ethos you intend to to pass on to your kids?

6. Jesus
    9:28 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Tell me that MKG cheated. Tell me. For real. No, I’ll wait…

7. Teachable Mo'
    9:30 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

What a weird admission. (And by “weird” I mean “despairing”.)

8. DREWBLUE
    9:33 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

You don’t care if someone smokes weed? It is against the law. Is it ok if others disagree with other laws of our country and do not follow them. Red lights on the highways bother me, can I just run them because I don’t like them.

9. "Amateur" poster
    9:37 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

The modern Olympic model is the right way for college athletics to go, they’re the ones putting in the work to make themselves famous so why shouldn’t they be able to sell their own name and likeness. Olympic athletes aren’t paid for participating in the Olympics, but they can be paid to wear their warmup gear and talk about how awesome Subway is. The NCAA brand becomes completely worthless without athletes, but the athletes aren’t allowed to make any money for themselves?

Amateurism is an elitist concept to begin with. It was created by aristocrats who wanted an upper hand in competitions. By demanding that competitors weren’t compensated for their athletic ability, it forced the poor to work real jobs instead of train and gave the rich guys who didn’t have to work a leg up.

10. UKJMATT
    9:39 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I am assuming that BTI cheated his way through school. So while you may have a piece of paper that states you graduated you never really earned it, someone else earned it for you. I am only 34 but I see the decline in our country and it is a shame.

11. RICK
    9:43 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Your comments is exactly whats wrong with the country today. Every thing is ok to do no matter if its honorable or not. Lets just look the other way. I don’t care if kids drink or smoke pot, thats not cheating.

12. Delk for 3
    9:45 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

To be honest, I don’t know how I stand on most of these issues. I do not think cheating is right though and don’t agree with it. When the rules say one thing, and you are supposed to be on a level playing field with others, it is flat out not right to cheat another man. That stated, some of the rules are crap (like not paying players) and they need to change. Until then, though, you should not be allowed to play if you take payment.

Regarding taking illegal recreational substances, I honestly don’t care if people want to mess up their lives and become pot heads and/or drunks. I don’t think that is an example of cheating others. You are just cheating yourself. I would certainly care if I coached the kids or if they were my own kids, but you flat-out can’t worry about everyone and what they are up to.

13. Delk for 3
    9:46 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

11 — I totally agree. Too many “honorable people” are getting the short end of the stick.

14. Look Out Fireworks!
    9:47 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

The problem is the decline in the standards of the NCAA. Its a gamble as to whether your program will be shut down or the NCAA will claim it is an “academic related issue” and look the other way.
    I’m 27 and I say cheating has no place in athletics, but as Cal says with basketball, that’s the environment the NCAA has set up and you just have take advantage or be left out.

15. Axe Cop
    9:48 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Judging by the posts in this thread I think BTI got the exact reaction he was looking for. Played ya’ll like a fiddle.

16. DanWhite
    9:49 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

People are really delusional if they believe there are no “other” incentives for athletes to “suddenly” change their minds about where they want to go to school. Do you REALLY believe that it comes down to “the coach really understands me better” or the “campus is really awesome and school seems a better fit for me”. Yeah, probably because there is a car in a garage for you somewhere and a little envelope of cash (ala TN a couple of years ago) in a desk somewhere with your or your parents name on it. I am not 50 yet but I do believe that beyond the tuition and boarding being paid for these guys/girls, there is some unknown payment somewhere. You would have to be really naive not to think so. There is already unfairness in the system anyway. Tuition at Vanderbilt costs many times what it does at UK. I believe that the costs paid and provided to that athlete should be added up and then this determine how many scholarship players you get. Vandy would get less because of the excessive cost while UK or other schools would get more to equal it out. But that is just me and being all about fairness.

17. So Obvious
    9:50 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Interesting article and even more interesting responses given that the vast majority, deep down, think UK is clearly cheating. They just haven’t been caught.

18. Delk for 3
    9:50 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

8 — You are comparing running red lights to smoking weed? Seriously?

19. asdf
    9:52 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Penn State didn’t “cheat” and they didn’t merely have a “sex scandal”. They allowed a sexual predator to use them as a means to access a steady supply of children to molest. That’s on a whole different plane than the other scandals. It’s a criminal matter. Fans ought to care if their coaches are raping children.

20. Glass Houses
    9:53 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

21. Look Out Fireworks!
    9:54 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Axe Cop-
    Are you referring to people sharing their opinion in the comments section of a blog as the “exact reaction he was looking for?” If so, then I agree, he played us like a fiddle.

Imagine, people so naive that they comment on a blog.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

22. Delk for 3
    9:55 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

17 — Vast majority? Vast majority of who? The haters? I know I’m not included in your “vast majority”. How is it that UK is “clearly cheating”? Where is the evidence that has ever shown that Cal and Co. are “cheating”? Also, why would they have to cheat now when they have evidence of their success with players such as D. Rose, T. Evans, D. Cousins, J. Wall, E. Bledsoe, etc., etc. etc.? Do you not think players see that and don’t want to be a part of that? In my opinion, such connections that Calipari has are priceless.

23. UKSupporter76
    9:55 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

You can rationalize it however you want, but breaking the rules is wrong. It’s wrong if my team does it, it’s wrong of the other team does it. I bet if we investigated the top 120 metropolitan areas in the US, we’d find that someone was murdered in the last year. Does that mean murder is okay? Should we make murder legal since it is happening everywhere?

24. UKBoo
    9:56 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Over 50 here (barely). Yes I care about whether a program or players cheat. No, I would not want a douche like J wad on the football team. But I also think the old school rules need to change. The current set of rules, especially about paying players, was developed before the NCAA was a billions of dollars business. So I can’t really fault J wad for taking money. But he’s still a J wad for just being a thug in pads.

25. Usernametaken
    9:57 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

There were plenty of scandals in college sports in the ’50s and ’60s. It’s nothing new. The money is just bigger today. That being said, the never-quite-achieved idea of amateur athletics or student-athletes (or voluntary servitude by another name) is antiquated and should be put to rest. The idea is not attainable and doesn’t work any more.

The NCAA should be done away with and big college sports professionalized. Big college sports exist only to generate revenue anyway. It’s a professional enterprise with billions at stake on the backs of free labor “governed” by restrictive rules that apply to no other type of student on campus. The system is hypocritical, discriminatory, and a sham. I just that in my lifetime we see the demise of the NCAA and the creation of a real open market in big college sports.

26. bbr
    10:10 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

“8 – You are comparing running red lights to smoking weed? Seriously?”

No, he’s not comparing the two he is using it as an illustration to make a point. Don’t be a schmuck

27. bbr
    10:12 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

“UK is the only program that has been given the Death Penalty TWICE. UK has been sanctioned in football program also….yeah they aren’t cheating. People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.”

The historical events you cite that took place under different leadership are not in any way items of proof for what is going on today. They are totally irrelevant

28. Breaking the Law
    10:14 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

#18… That is a valid comparison as would any comparison in breaking the law. While they are two completely different violations and have different consequences, both are still breaking the law and the point was valid. Ridicule does not invalidate the point made. The same that BTI did with this article by accusing everyone as dumb who would disagree with his point about cheating. His point is that he doesn’t mind his team cheating as long as they win. He has no honor in sports, nor likely anywhere else because of his viewpoint. And it’s okay. He is allowed to have that worldview – although it is one that ultimately leads to destruction. Governing authorities are there and it is our duty to oblige. If we do not like some of the rules/laws, then it is our part to advocate for change. If we cannot change it, then we must obey it – otherwise there will be consequences. Albeit, sometimes the governing agency is corrupt though and falls to the great, almighty dollar such as the NCAA allegedly has. But that is why that agency will no doubt change in some way in the future. Perceivably, it does not play by its own rules, so change will come if this perception continues. But, in the meantime, it does not make it right to cheat.

And to BTI, if UK wins 3 National Championships in a row, you would rejoice as would I, but if they were caught cheating and lost those, how meaningless then would all of that have become? I don’t know about you, but I want my team to win and not be ashamed or disgusted of how they won so that no one can say that you cheated or were dishonorable. What good is it to win a game or a championship, and then have to be ashamed of that win? That’s why you care when you get caught, because your shame catches up with you. Do not do anything to be ashamed of in the process, and the result will be something you can truly be proud of.

29. Not Right
    10:17 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Many moons ago (yes I’m over 50) I worked for a GM plant in Indy. During the summer months we always got student athletes for filling in for vacations. In 84, my department got received 7 IU basketball players, from starters to scrubs. They were NOT allowed to run machines, no heavy lifting, but walking around with clip boards…..no pens or pencils. Every now and then they would “push” a broom just to satisfy those of us who really didn’t care to talk to them. Several even had to go back to Bloomington to turn on the water for the stadium and practice fields. Most by their own admission told us they were on timers. Most of those kids worked all the OT they wanted, and yet did not turn the first tap on anything.

Do I want my University to cheat No I don’t.

30. Alex
    10:21 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m 42 and none of this stuff bothers me because anyone who has paid attention to college sports as long as I have knows this is nothing new under the sun. The only things different now are the dollars at stake and the 24 hour news cycle. Read “Raw Recruits” published in 1991. There isn’t one thing in SI’s series on Oklahoma State that isn’t touched on there, albeit in the context of basketball.

31. Megan
    10:23 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I think we learned something today about BTI’s moral compass.

32. njCat
    10:25 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

bbr… really?? schmuck??? of course he was making an analogy. The point 8 was making is that it was a poor one, and I agree. Smoking pot does not endanger anyone else, whereas running a red light can and often does get innocent people killed. If you still think running a red light is a good metaphone for smoking pot then you need to go back to school.

And please stop the name calling. It makes you look like you have nothing intelligent to say and spoils the atmosphere of the comments.

33. jpg
    10:25 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I am in my 20’s and I completely disagree with you. Cheating to the level that is occurring in modern collegiate athletics is not acceptable. Do I agree that the system needs to be changed in regards to athlete compensation? Yes, but until it does, athletes should have some honor and character. The NCAA should recognize the economic level of many of the recruits that populate NCAA athletics. Some form of compensation should be given to athletes out of NCAA profits, but if those athletes go and blow it on a bunch of high price items, than that is their fault!

Most of these kids in major D-1 Basketball and Football do not take their educational opportunities seriously. All they want to do is make money, and usually one day become bankrupt.

20, UK has received the death penalty only ONCE! That was the 1952-53 basketball season.

34. 1960's college guy
    10:26 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I, obviously, went to college in the ’60s. I was personally aware of academic cheating by big name athletes (and school officials were complicit). It was well know that top athletes had open accounts and certain stores and the never received a bill. The big name guys could always get a car loan that they had no visible means of repaying.

That being said, it has been reported that UCLA had a “money man” who paid athletes during the Wooden years, and Wooden is held up as a paragon of virtue.

I can certainly believe that those forms of cheating have been commonplace for years and years. The academic cheating bothered me then and it bothers me now. Not because of the belief that college athletics should be “pure” but because no one should get college credit or a degree they didn’t qualify for. You shouldn’t be able to “buy” those things with money or talent..

The money issue doesn’t really bother me because these athletes didn’t do anything illegal, they just broke the NCAA guidelines. Maybe colleges should offer degrees in specific sports, such as a bachelor of arts in professional golf or any other sport that has a professional component. That way the college could at least uphold its academic integrity. And if academic fraud is detected, the organizations that accredit them should pull the accreditation (or put them on probation).

In short, let he kids earn money and make the schools act like schools.

35. Sad
    10:32 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know if you really believe what you have written. If you do, I feel bad for you. Basically, you have stated that you have no use for honor or integrity. You just want what you want and you don’t care how you get it, except that you hope not to get caught. This is a sociopathic philosophy on life. Sadly, I see many kids your age who have this point of view. I attribute it to years of being spoiled by parents who likely were spoiled, as well. This is how great civilizations fall. The strength that created greatness in this country has allowed for opulence, laziness, and apathy, especially among many (but not all) of those born in or after the late ’70’s. This country is rotting from within and the attitude you have expressed in this sad piece is evidence of the disease. I acknowledge your right to speak your mind, such as it is but in my opinion, your writings are a blight on KSR (and that’s saying something).

36. Duuuuuude
    10:33 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

@34….I am an 80’s college guy myself. It is so nice to read a post from somebody who is a bit older. I actually understand what you wrote. I appreciate your grammar and spelling and vocabulary. No kidding.

37. jpg
    10:35 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

bbr, just for comparisons sake, UL has received 2 sets of MAJOR NCAA infractions for its basketball program since UK received its last.

On top of this Clint Hurt was sited for a bunch of things in the Miami scandal. He would throw dinners for recruits. One of those dinners had Teddy Bridgewater and Jeremy Wright in attendance. Is it not funny that they ended up at the same school he did?

32, why I agree with you in your breakdown of an analogy, I will disagree in saying that smoking pot does not endanger anyone if that person stays at home. The problem comes when they get behind the wheel of a car.

38. RUKiddingme
    10:41 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Winning trumps all in modern times. I’m not sure it was so different in the old days, but you were looked at differently if you got caught crossing the line. The difference is acceptance of the reality of the situation, as well as it being more widespread.

I’m almost 40, and I am sincerely disgusted by it. However, you either accept it or become a hermit. Morals have definitely eroded. I just block it out and watch them play ball as a way of entertainment. My heart is not in it like in once was, however.

39. Smoking marijuana does harm others
    10:41 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

First of all, smoking pot is illegal in most states. So, if you smoke it, you are a criminal. Period. You may think that is silly or unfair. If so, petition your legislature to change the law. In the meantime, if you smoke it, you are acting in an illegal manner. So, the comparison to running a red light is valid, at least to the extent that both acts are illegal. I suspect these two acts often occur in tandem.

Further, smoking marijuana is harmful–not because it is illegal but because it diminishes consciousness. When you diminish your consciousness, you disrespect your own body and mind and you diminish the extent to which you are available to your friends, family, co-workers, and fellow citizens. Smoking pot does not make you a bad person but you should ask yourself a question–what is so bad about reality that you need a drug to diminish your consciousness? Why not figure out why you are not happy with things the way they are and then you won’t need to rely on a crutch like marijuana or alcohol.

40. gimp419
    10:51 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

College athletes get paid now…it’s called a free education, meal cards, free room and board. I’d love to have been able to get a free ride, instead I own 25k in student loan.

41. mr rationale
    10:56 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

it’s okay to break the law sometimes if it’s just one of those dumbass laws that is a bad law anyway. if you rob a little bank that’s not like robbing one of the big banks on wall st, or if you get high on pot and alcohol and run a red light and you are unharmed but make a paraplegic of someone else, it’s not like you killed anyone. and paying our college athletes would be a great thing. I would love to see our rifle team, synchronized swimmers, softball players, and band members (including twirlers & dancers) receive an equal stipend.

42. mr rationale
    10:58 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

gimp 419: yeah, but count your blessings. you were allowed to work during school, on holiday break, and in the summer. pity the poor athlete

43. Generation Gap?
    11:15 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Is there a generation gap when it comes to acceptance of cheating? No, just a character gap. If you think it’s okay to cheat and win because the ends justify the means, then you were simply raised wrong, or are genetically of poor character. Ask Lance Armstrong if its okay to cheat and win. What would make you prouder, your team winning with verifiable character, high GPA, totally clean verified by drug tests, players visit children’s hospitals versus a team you know never goes to class, has numerous players penalized for drug use and other infractions, and has no redeeming moral character? If your answer is either one is fine as long as they win, then that says more about YOU than it does about any of the NCAA rule shortcomings. BTI, if what you wrote is truly what you believe, then you disgust me.

44. CATandMONKEY
    11:30 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Don’t care if they smoke weed. Not a performance enhancing drug…in sports.
    I DO care if rules that most are trying to abide by, are skirted by a few. Many of the NCAA rules are ignorant, capricious and enforced haphazardly.

When I was in undergrad at UofL I was dismayed by the number of students that blatantly copied lab reports and cheated on quizzes and tests. Many of those students now sport the title of Doctor.
    Sad.
    In my physio and histology classes I would put the number of blatant cheaters at 15-20%.
    This was in the early/mid 90s. Suspect it is worse now. Attitudes such as BTI’s suggest it is so.

45. millwooded
    11:42 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

bti, i take up for you all the time, but if you think cheating at all costs is ok, then you really do suck

46. JayBird86
    12:36 pm September 17, 2013 Permalink

I agree with BTI. I don’t care if my program cheats as long as they don’t get caught.

47. Bunny
    2:09 pm September 17, 2013 Permalink

BTI: The amoral attitude and moral equivalence rationalization of you and your generation is exactly what’s wrong with this country and why we’re in a state of decline…think about it…

48. Do whut?
    3:43 pm September 17, 2013 Permalink

What the writer attempts to do with this piece is rationalize his own lack of ethics and his own cynicism through some fictitious generation gap. While it’s convenient to merely conclude that “hey, everybody my age thinks cheating is okay” it obviously isn’t remotely true. If the writer feels like cheating is no big deal that’s on the writer not everyone who earned the right to vote over the last 12 years. In fact, the piece is really a pathetic, illogical effort at best and a stark, damning statement about the writer’s personal character at worst. That of course isn’t to say that all of us don’t have dark secrets and past sins but it is to say that there is something extremely disconcerting about someone who isn’t at least conflicted by this disconnect. It is also a simpleton’s work to say everybody cheats. A concept so easily undone with that bit of wisdom from your mom that should still be ringing in your ears, “if everybody jumped off a cliff does that mean you should do it too?”. Honestly the youth and immaturity of the KSR staff bleeds through nearly every article as it seems to bellyache over every perceived broken rule by the Dukes and UNCs of the world while simultaneously offering up tripe like this particular column. So if this piece truly represents the collective attitude of the KSR staff then spare me the articles about UNC cheating and UK players doing the right thing or at least qualify every article with a note reminding the reader that staff members are inconsistent, hypocritical juveniles. Give me a break and grow up.

49. Moral Bankruptcy
    5:24 pm September 17, 2013 Permalink

I fear for the future because of such morally bankrupt attitudes as the one exhibited in this post.

50. Andy Deane
    5:58 pm September 17, 2013 Permalink

I disagree completely I’m 19 and if UK has to cheat to win then it means nothing. All cheating would do is disgrace those who came before and worked hard. If someone cheats and has an unfair advantage in the game/season then they need to be punished. However the NCAA has gone overboard with the violations. Some of the penalties they hand out are ridiculous. By no means do I think cheating is at all acceptable.

51. Tampa Satchel
    9:37 pm September 17, 2013 Permalink

BTI, you have an ethics problem and I would likely not hire you given your comments. Cheating is always wrong and people like you are the reason the NCAA turns a blind eye to much that goes on.