BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: College Kids are just so Adorably Stupid

Saw the video below and really just adds to the collection of the worst produced videos that come out of college each of every year it seems.  It never fails that every couple weeks, students will attempt to put together a video hyping their sports teams or school in general, and it normally will have some form of rapping or remake of a popular song.  And 99.9% of the time they are terrible.  The 0.1% that was good, in my honest opinion, was the athletics video UK put out earlier this year that mixed the students, athletes, and did not involve any of the people actually singing.  Because if American Idol has taught us anything, it’s that most people think they are decent-good-great singers, and most people are delusional.

First, the one that came out about Notre Dame in 2010:

Also, videos from Georgia Tech and Indiana:

And finally, the video of how it’s supposed to be done, the University of Kentucky:

So, am I right about the UK video or is it just as lame as the others? And do you like these kind of videos or are they actually embarrassing to the school?

Article written by Bryan the Intern

41 Comments for BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: College Kids are just so Adorably Stupid

1. Big Cat
    9:15 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

Nothing says Indiana Basketball quite like out of shape white kids trying to rap (or play basketball).

2. WildcatFan
    9:16 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

Call me a dork, but I absolutely LOVE the UK “Dynamite” video! Professionally done and done extremely well, in my opinion. Go.Big.Blue.

3. Kidnut
    9:18 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

I thought the Indiana video was well done. I haven’t watched the others yet.

4. Hoss
    9:19 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

Chip Cosby saying he can’t tell which FB team has the better players right now, UL or UK.

Seriously?

5. shagarifan
    9:21 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

The Notre Dame video was so cheesy it made me uncomfortable to watch it.
    I think ND fans are more delusional than Louisville fans when it comes to football.

6. OldManYellsatCloud
    9:22 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

The Indiana one was actually pretty funny.

7. One of "The Boys"
    9:23 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

I love UK but that video is just as dumb as the others. All of them are super cheesy. My favorite is the IU one, that just cracks me up.

8. shagarifan
    9:30 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

Is it the mission statement of all Indiana universities to have students make awful videos? Is the IU video seriously the “official” video? wow.

9. bluemanchew
    9:31 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

after the Bilbo Baggins line in the IU video i had to turn it off

10. ohhh my
    9:35 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

Is it sad that whenever I saw the Indiana video I immediately remembered to fast forward to the 1:44 mark?

11. shagarifan
    9:36 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

Couldn’t even get through the GT video…awful.

12. Tom Handy
    9:36 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

All bias aside I really think the UK video is pretty good!

13. Fuzzy
    9:42 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

Wow, not one person has said BTI sucks today. Things are looking up!

14. SaveUofL
    9:47 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

I think the official UK video should be “Lazy Tuesday” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSNHWfvwCZw

15. Horrible
    9:48 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

Yeah had to quit the GT video. Plain horrible, no reference to sports just how “bangin” the engineering school is.

16. wo1fs8urgt
    9:50 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

I Love UK!! But – the UK video is as awful as the rest of them.

17. I
    9:53 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

If you are unbiased, you realize that the IU one is actually not bad. It has good production and isn’t completely horrible to listen to other than the IU crap. Plus, IU girls are some of the most attractive in the country and the video supports that claim.

18. Bastard Yak
    9:53 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

13) BTI sucks

19. Bastard Yak
    9:56 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

10) wow, i will go ahead and say no.

20. ky_chev
    9:59 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

IU and GT…embarrassing. UK one wasn’t horrible, but I wouldn’t go showing it off to recruits or anything!!

21. UK_Football_Fan
    10:06 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

If you don’t the UK video, you don’t like college kids having good clean fun, sports, puppies or old people. The kid in the IU video has a nice flow (its very unlikely anyone posting here could do better) and they get props for their taste in women.
    The other two, I couldn’t get through.

22. racerj5
    10:12 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

Always gotta be a rap in there somewhere. By a white boy.

23. The Dude
    10:14 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

The Dude abides

24. I hate Columbus
    10:14 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

BTI, great post. – IU was awesome. This is I – U – U – U … Banners on the wall, this is how we ball! I love it. GT was seriously terrible. ND too, and it’s great to see all of the UK athletic teams.

25. michaelgray
    10:18 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

Well the UK video took more effort, that is all one continuous shot so they would not be able to go back through and edit it to be the way they want it. On the other hand I do not think that any of them are embarrassing to the school, maybe to the individuals in the videos haha.

26. Crush little red
    10:32 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

ND has one cheer and that’s it – We are ND. Don’t think its worth making a video out of. I couldn’t watch the IU video past them saying “got another top recruit in”. yeah. ok, next. GT – what was the point? Dude showing off his tevas and cankles? UK’s far exceeded the rest of these.

27. CatsfaninFL
    10:33 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

#10 – LMAO – No… and only because I remembered too…

28. tom
    10:37 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

The UK one was just as bad as the others

29. Coach Durbin
    10:58 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

No list of terrible videos is complete without the best example of all time. Party in the UGA. The fact that they planned to use this as the orientation video makes it better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GJVxFP19Gs

BTI, if you’re gonna post a GT video you need to go with “The Perfect Option.” Not quite as bad, and more relevant to sports. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aI6EAsKvgg

30. Ollie the Weatherman
    11:08 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

I go to IU. You can’t go out to a bar on Saturday night and not hear that song, and Aeropostle-clad bro’s jamming to it.
    Turrrrible.

31. j
    11:10 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

i like the “poindexter” dude in the IU video and the 1:44 mark of it was worth waiting for…biased here but UK video brings out more emotion for me. i think they are fun and a great way for the students to show school spirit.

32. WISOSERIOUS
    11:19 am August 11, 2011 Permalink

The UK one wasn’t that bad, but I don’t like any other school out there…The IU video did get me pumped for this basketball season cause I love a IU season that ends for them as a loosing season…I sure hope they have room for another banner L0L!!!Dec 10th UK 97 IU 74

33. HOHOHO
    12:13 pm August 11, 2011 Permalink

Why is a chick wearing red in the uk video??? WTH? Why would you do that?

34. Sydney
    12:38 pm August 11, 2011 Permalink

Having a somewhat unbiased view, the UK one is definitely the least cheesy. And ND fans are that ridiculous in real life, especially on football weekends.

35. yaboy 426
    1:34 pm August 11, 2011 Permalink

The IU video was pretty good. I went back and watched it twice. The others, outside of UK, was wack.

36. Paducah
    1:53 pm August 11, 2011 Permalink

Purile –

37. CDub
    3:00 pm August 11, 2011 Permalink

I personally like FSU’s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-XJxum0rkU

38. Roland
    6:36 pm August 11, 2011 Permalink

Great to see the young college people trying to have fun without making asses of them self, getting an arrest record, or hurting others. They should make more videos, cheesy or not.

39. Trueblue2011
    8:36 pm August 11, 2011 Permalink

The Indiana video was good, but I think the Kentucky video definitely had the cuter girls, so that has to count for something. if I had to put it in order:

1. IU
    2. KY
    4. ND
    10. GT

40. BrooksBrothers
    10:09 pm August 11, 2011 Permalink

The funniest part about the IU video, in the chorus when they say “Bossin on the Big Ten”. I laugh at that every time.

41. Kain
    4:19 pm August 12, 2011 Permalink

I’m at work right now so I can’t really watch any of the videos, but I know the guys who did the IU video are called “The Little Five” and they have another video about their fraternity that’s actually pretty good. You might even recognize that the beat is the same as the “party rock anthem” by LMFAO. The reason they can do that is because they actually created it and sold the rights to LMFAO to use that beat. Pretty cool if you ask me.