BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: 5 Things we HAVE to see tomorrow

1) An Improved Offensive Line. I am willing to give the O-line, which was considered a strength, one bad game. But if they have a 2nd consecutive poor outing, against another mediocre opponent, then it is time to start worrying. Because it doesn’t matter how much Newton improves or Josh Clemons is talented, if they get no protection, it doesnt matter. And frankly, if UK can’t block WKU or Central Michigan, I shiver at what an LSU or Florida is going to do.

2) Better Decision Making from Morgan Newton. Say what you want about the WR drops and what that did to Newton’s stats, he did make some VERY BAD decisions against Western. For a junior QB to have a couple of the interceptions he did worries me. If Newton is throwing an accurate deep ball and making solid decisions on the short passes, I don’t really care about the drops. This season revolves around Newton.

3) More Fire from Joker Phillips. Is it just me or does Joker look almost bored on the sidelines. He is constantly taking notes. What’s odd is that we hear that he is tough on the players during practice, but during that awful performance against Western, he was rarely seen screaming. I’m sure that was just television not showing him as often, but still. I dare to say that the emotions I see from Joker on the sideline are Kragthorpian. I want to see emotion from Joker, on the good and the bad. I want to see a Rich Brooks-chest bump. I want to see him cursing the crap out of a wideout for a drop. I want to see him care. And I know deep down he does, probably more than any of us, but it doesn’t seem to show up on the sidelines.

4) Appropriate Crowd Reaction. I’m frustrated. You’re frustrated. But that is no reason to be negative from the opening kick. I really hope there is an excited crowd for the first home game. A crowd that is loud and pumped for their currently undefeated team. Now, if UK puts another poor performance together, then I leave it up to you to show your displeasure. I just hope that Commonwealth is actually an ADVANTAGE for the Cats Saturday, and not a negative.

5) A Win. Plain and simple, you have to win. Central Michigan might actually be worse than WKU. And this game is at home. And we are now just a week away from Louisville. I hope to see a much better performance, but even if we don’t, UK has to figure out a way to win. A loss would ruin the season, in my opinion, because the fans would be gone. There would 0% excitement in the program.

Article written by Bryan the Intern

19 Comments for BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: 5 Things we HAVE to see tomorrow

1. catfan55
    9:15 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

Cob blowing it up on espn and yahoo home page. Cat fans rejoicing around the world. BBN!!!

2. catfan55
    9:15 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

Cobb blowing it up on espn and yahoo home page. Cat fans rejoicing around the world. BBN!!!

3. Common Sense
    9:16 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

Duh, but i cant agree more with the 4th statement, i will be angry if i hear boo’s from the fans.

4. Don
    9:24 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

1. Please don’t even mention LSU’s defensive front vs our O-line. It will be a complete nightmare, as it is vs most teams. Add to that it’s in Death Valley – but at least it’s not at night!

2. Vs. experienced backs he is still in trouble. Is it too late for us to be an option team?

3. My momma said if you don’t have anything nice to say about a person…

4. First home game – should be non-issue. Put points on the board and crack some helmets on defense and the rest will take care of itself.

5. Duh

5. Thomas Beisner
    9:32 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

Randall Cobb.

6. Teague2Davis
    9:32 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

Number 6. COBB needs to come to the South Endzone to be recognized…

7. CT
    9:39 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

Vote for COBB Packers MVP… Poll

8. manbearpig
    9:46 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

Such an obvious post not even BTI could screw it up

9. Epps2Shep
    9:51 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

“I dare to say that the emotions I see from Joker on the sideline are Kragthorpian. I want to see him care.”

Jesus Christ, man.

10. Czar of Daycares
    9:59 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

I was hoping to confirm that this post was ghostwritten by a down syndromed parakeet but alas, it is just BTI again.

11. Runner
    10:00 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

Not gonna get the fire from Joker. Not in his nature. Also, Rick Pitino on ESPN main college basketball page…touching story, I guess.

12. Buzzard
    10:01 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

I agree with all of these points. Esp # 3. I did notice that Joker did not seem to have any emotion at all.
    I was thinking he should be screeming at SOMEONE! But he just had a blank look on his face. Put a fire under your team Joker!!

13. Epps2Shep
    10:05 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

I guess Joker should have made an ass out of himself like Brian Kelly? He cares so little, that he brought in a new D coordinator. New o-line coach. New RB coach. New d-line coach. Were you at the game, Brian? Do your part.
    THE TEAM IS 1-0. THE D HELD WKU TO 3 PTS. HAVEN’T EVEN PLAYED AT HOME YET. 5TH STARIGHT WIN OVER UOFL COMING IN 8 DAYS. STEP AWAY FROM THE CLIFF.

14. The Outlaw Josey Wales
    10:32 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

Nice post BTI! you always bring it

15. Calipari'sInYourEar
    10:53 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

Inbreeding + Nancy Boy = This sports opera summary

16. Beatle Bum
    11:08 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

Watching the replay of the game, I wanted to specifically watch to see how Joker was portrayed on the sidelines. More than once, he was seen on television really intensely going at a player. I just do not understand this crap about Joker’s demeanor on the sideline. Makes no sense to me.

17. catfan55
    11:31 am September 9, 2011 Permalink

need a little help on the voting for Cobb.. currently down approx 80 votes!! Lets get it done!! Go vote!!

18. Rest in peace Mel Turpin
    1:03 pm September 9, 2011 Permalink

I voted. Cobb is still behind Rodgers.