So, I come into the KSR compound yesterday, and sure enough, this lady pictured above was waiting for my autograph. Oh, the perks of this job. And she was wearing that swimsuit too.
1. 25 things that are really missed in basketball.
2. There is nothing better than the awkward high-five. In a time of great joy or celebration, two people or more ruin it by blowing a simple slap of the hands. Well, a website has broken down the awkward high five into 8 categories and you will find one common theme in all of them: white people.
3. Hey, did you see the insane Yankees-Red Sox brawl recently? Probably not, because it took place on a little league field in Louisiana. I have this theory: it’s basic point is that the MAJORITY of people on this planet are STUPID. And I have lots and lots of evidence too. Exhibit 1A: Little League Parent fights. Exhibit 1B: Reality Television. Exhibit 1C: That Matt still allows me to write for this site.
4. Speaking of little league baseball, Rick Reilly wrote a really good article about a tale of two little leaguers, and specifically their parents. In one, a kid’s mom sues everybody she can think of because her son got hurt in game. In another, a kid tries to remain part of the team after getting hurt. Basic point: PARENTS NEED TO GROW UP!!!
5. In what I am guessing was the first official game of the 2009-10 UK sports season, the women’s soccer team slipped past Cincinnati 2-1. It was the first game for new coach Jon Lipsitz. The Lady Cats next kick the “zebra ball” around against some team named Louisville on Saturday.