If you would like to advertise on Kentucky Sports Radio, please email me at [email protected] . We hope to have all of our prices finalized by Wednesday. 50,000-75,000 views a day can come to your buisness or product.
1. Quick recap of the former UK players production in the first round of the NBA playoffs:
Chuck Hayes: 2pts, 3rbs in 16 minutes in a 93-82 loss to Utah.
Keith Bogans: 7pts, 5rbs in 29 minutes in a 114-100 win over Toronto.
Tayshaun Prince: 12pts, 6rbs in 40 minutes in a 90-86 loss to Philadelphia. (I will bet anyone 10 bucks Detroit wins this series in 6 games or less. All betting on KSR is done for entertainment purposes only.)
Rajon Rondo: 15pts, 6rbs, 9ast in 28 minutes in a 104-81 win over Atlanta.
2. Baseball Cats took a much needed 2 out of 3 games this weekend over Florida, including a dramatic 3-2 win in 10 innings yesterday. The Cats are now 9-9 in conference, which still puts them in last in the SEC East but just 2 games out of 2nd.
3. Here is the Courier-Journal game story from the Spring Game, and it appears nothing progressed as far as a starting QB. I think maybe as key a question for Cats fans should be can Dicky Lyons step out and be a #1 WR. If the spring game is any indication, the answer is yes. 10 catches, 148 yards, 2 TD’s.
4. The NFL Draft is Saturday and Sunday, and it will be interesting to see if Andre Woodson is selected in the first day (Rounds 1-3). NFLDraftcountdown.com has Woodson going in the 3rd round to Minnesota. Walterfootball.com has the same prediction. I would consider it a great dissapointment if Andre doesn’t go the 1st day considering he was the #1 QB midway through the season. Woodson taught a lesson to every QB: don’t go to the all-star games when your stock is high because it can ONLY hurt.
5. What the hell is wrong with baseball elite teams that have monkey stupid fans. First the Red Sox and Yankees pull this whole jersey fiasco, now Cubs fans started printing racially insensitive shirts about their new Asian player. How many times can people try to be funny about race and ethnicity before they ever figure out it always offends somebody. You never see a Royals fan or Nationals fan pull this crap. Yes, there is sarcasm in that statement.
6. One game down, 3 to go for the Pheonix Suns 1st round elimination. And remember where you heard it first, right here on my post. I have said many a stupid thing on this website (although not as much as you readers try and point out), but I was spot on with this prediction. When it came time for a defensive stop in both OT and Double OT the Suns went 0-2. Defense wins championships, and in the playoffs it wins games, and the Suns dont have any. It’s the same for the Nuggets, who probably have just as much talent as the Lakers, but dont play a lick of defense.