Before we get into today’s links, I want to announce another exciting feature that is coming to the website in the near future. Along with my lovely partner Ally, we are gonna start an advertising push for the website, bringing some of the exciting buisnesses around the state to you. But, if you have a buisness of your own or are a part of, or have friends who have been looking for advertising opportunites, please have them email me with a contact number. This site recieves 50,000-75,000 hits a day, leading to over 2 million hits per month. Thats alot and now you have the opportunity to be a part of it. So, again if you would like to be part of this exciting new endeavour, please email me at [email protected]
Now, yesterday I know there were some issues with the comments section when I posted, so I thought I would re-post the thing that had the most people talking and that is my list of the “Top 10 Former UK players without their Jersey Retired” with the warning that I believe my Top 2 plus Tubby are the only ones I think SHOULD be up there.
1. Tony Delk (there is no argument, the ONLY slam dunk in my opinion)
2. Tayshaun Prince (only thing missing is a NCAA title, but the pro career makes up for it)
3. Keith Bogans (I don’t think this is gonna happen, but he has the stats and was a winner, I am higher on him than most people)
4. Tubby Smith (the man won a freakin title, put him up there, and he’s not coaching the rival either)
5. Ron Mercer (wont get up there because only played two years, but since Mashburn left the best talent to play at UK)
6. Wayne Turner (my problem with him is that people ONLY bring up the Duke game, and I dont think the guy should be up there just because he torched Wojo, that being said a great career with 2 titles, but had a TON of talent around him)
7. Chuck Hayes (as much of a fan favorite that has ever existed, if his pro career continues to get better, he may have a shot)
8. Jeff Sheppard (much like Turner, became a legend because of six games in March 1998, again a GREAT player, not an all-time great)
9. Travis Ford (people forget how good he was, maybe if he ever coaches here he will get up in the rafters)
10. Gerald Fitch (a key contributer to an undefeated conference UK team, never making a Final Four ends his chances)\
On to the links:
1. For most of the state, you were probably woke up around 5:40ET this morning with your beds shaking, as a 5.4 earthquake hit Illinois, and its after effects hitting this state. The main point is I have now been involved in a tornado and earthquake in the past 4 months, two things that have never happened before. For Matt, thats two tornados and an earthquake as he was down in Atlanta for the SEC Tournament. So, as we head into hurricane season, it would probably be wise to stay away from Matt and I as it seems natural disasters are following us.
2. Here is the Courier-Journal article highlighting the acting career of defensive end Jeremy Jarmon. I present to you the new Antonio Hall.
3. Here are your rosters for Saturday’s 1 PM spring game.
4. Mark Story’s article on the emergance of 2-sport star Derrick Locke.
5. Another huge series this weekend for the UK baseball team, as they get 24th ranked Florida in Lexington. The Cats are 22-1 at home this year but 1-5 against Top 25 teams. Right now the Cats sit in last in the SEC East, but a 3-game sweep would at least push them past the Gators in the standings. By the way, as crazy as this may sound, Baseball America actually releases projections for the NCAA Tournament, and has the Cats as a 3-seed (in a 4-seed bracket) playing at Missouri.