1. I have gotten behind posting the Kentucky Greats list going on right now on UKMadness.com, so here is a recap:
Bogans ranked too low. Should be in the 8-10 range.
2. Rick Bozich writes a good article about the path Pat Riley took to the Hall of Fame, starting at the University of Kentucky.
3. Have you ever wondered which Cats are actually good students? Well, I won’t tell you who (Mark Coury is obvious), but 5 Cats were put on the SEC Academic Honor Roll.
4. And we have a winner for the “Why the hell is that guy declaring early” award, and its…drumroll please… Florida center Marreese Speights. I was suprised to see that Speights averaged over 14 points and 8 rebounds this year, but I watched every SEC team play at least twice this year and Speights wouldn’t rank in my top 25 players I saw. Have fun as a 2nd round draft pick without a contract.
5. The season is just 3 days removed, and already there are Top 10 and Top 25 lists all around the major websites. CNNSI.com has put out a Top 10, but with the stipulation that they are guessing which players will delcare. Andy Katz composed ESPN.com’s list of Top 25, with some interesting notes. First, only 3 SEC teams in the rankings, Tennessee at 20, Florida at 23, and Mississippi St. at 25. The list also includes 7 Big East teams, making it top conference. CBSsportsline.com has also released a Top 26, with North Carolina and Duke at the top.
6. Courtesy of the website AllBalls.com, here are the Top 10 F-bomb soundbites from athletes. Pretty funny stuff.