The Picks to Click is back after a much needed day off and some pretty interesting/funny news around the sports world:
My picks for the upcoming baseball season:
NL East: New York Mets
NL Central: Chicago Cubs (Reds finish 2nd)
NL West: Arizona Diamondbacks
Wildcard: Philadelphia Phillies (San Diego is gonna be real good also)
AL East: Boston Red Sox
AL Central: Detroit Tigers
AL West: Anaheim Angels
AL Wildcard: New York Yankees (watch out for Seattle)
I feel a little bit like Kige Ramsey making these picks because besides the AL West and NL West, the rest of these picks seem pretty obvious. And remember “the best way to cure acne is the rub a wet washcloth across your face.”
1. A name that has popped up recently on the recruiting landscape is Ater Majok. I am pretty sure this video hasn’t been posted on KSR, but if it has I apologize. Here are some highlights of Majok, dunking on a bunch of really small people in what appears to be some run down gym in Austrailia. Just my personal opinion, and this is only after watching a couple highlights, but Majok looks like a bit of a project.
2. Kentucky baseball has dropped back to Earth a little bit, losing 2 of 3 to 7th ranked South Carolina over the weeked. The Cats are now 5-4 in the SEC, losing 4 out of their last 7 games overall. Nonetheless, the Cats still lead the SEC in nearly every offensive category and in ERA. Intersting note: The Cats are actually tied for last in the SEC right now, but their 5-4 conference record would be good enough to LEAD the Western Division.
3. If you are not a fan of Stephen Curry then you just don’t like good basketball, as Curry probably had his worst game of the tournament in a 2-point loss to Kansas yesterday, and still scored 25 points. Curry was named Most Outstanding Player of the Midwest regional, only the 9th time is history that honor has been given to a player of a losing team. And even whats even better, Curry is coming back for at least one more season with Davidson.
4. One of the quirky things about sports that I can not stand is when players make a free throw and then basically force their teammates to slap hands before shooting the next foul shot. It drives me nuts!!! You hit a freakin free throw!!! Nobody is guarding you!!! An 85-year old woman can hit free throws if she practiced as much as an NBA player. Anyway, clearly the Milwaukee Bucks decided Andrew Bogut was not that impressive with his free throws, and hillarity insued.
5. So many sexy women lists have appeared on the Clicks that I feel the need to hit the other side of the issue. A webiste called The Pheonix has put out a list of the 100 unsexiest men on the planet. Several sports stars included on the list: Tom Brady, Tony Kornheiser, Larry Bird, Eli Manning, Isiah Thomas, and coming in at #1 Roger Clemens.
6. Congrats to all you Washington Nationals fans today, as you can actually say with a straight face “If the season ended now, we would be in the playoffs” or “We have the best record in the majors”. I will give them some credit, they did know how to bring some drama to the opening game in the U.S.
7. I will pay any KSR reader 10 dollars if you can do this. I will give you one hour to try. Amazing!!