Recap of the “Games of Importance” from the past week:
Kentucky (52) beat South Carolina by 8
UAB (51) beat Tulsa by 14
Creighton (50) in conference tournament against Bradley (Fri.)
Western Kentucky (49): won’t play until Sat. in conference tournament
Southern Illinois (48) in conference tournament against Northern Iowa (Fri.)
Texas Tech (47) lost to Kansas by 58!!!!
Texas A&M (46) beat Baylor by 14
Mississippi (45) beat Arkansas by 9
VCU (44): won’t play until Sat. in conference tournament
Kansas St. (43) beat Colorado by 6
West Virginia (42) beat Pittsburgh by 14
So, UK moved up 5 spots this week, jumping past UAB, Creighton, W.Kentucky, S. Illinois, and Texas Tech. Now, for the last time this season, previewing the big games for UK’s sake this weekend:
Kentucky (47) at home against Florida (Sun.)
Kansas St. (46) on the road against Iowa St.
VCU (45) open conference play on Sat.
Mississippi (44) on the road against Georgia
Texas A&M (43) at home against Kansas
Arkansas (42) at home against Auburn
USC (41) at home against Stanford
Baylor (40) on the road against Texas Tech
If UK can win Saturday, I can see at least 3 of these teams losing directly ahead of them, meaning a minimum of a 44 RPI at the end of the weekend.
1. Feature article in the Herald-Leader about the career of Joe Crawford, easily the most underappreciated UK player in the past decade, in my opinion.
2. Kentucky Greats: #20 Sam Bowie.
3. Andre Woodson finally has some good press on his side, thanks to this article on CBS today. It appears Woodson had a very good pro day, finally able to show off his skills after sitting out the workouts at the combine. I’m sure it helped to be throwing to familiar recievers like Tamme and Burton. According to this article, Woodson now sits as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
4. Scotty Hopson’s University Heights team stays alive in the 2nd region tournament, moving into the semifinals. As Matt reported earlier, both Billy Gillispie and Bruce Pearl were in attendance and Hopson had a very good game with 22 points and 8 boards.
5. Great radio call from the Navy-Bucknell Patriot league game from a couple days ago, presented by Awful Announcing. Clearly this radio guy just hit G-34 to win the 300 dollar jackpot or something.
6. Speaking of conference tournaments, yours and mines 2nd favorite team, the Garnder Freakin Webb Bulldogs advanced to the Atlantic Sun semis yesterday, upsetting Stetson 82-63. Trust me, them winning doesn’t help Kentucky’s RPI that much so I still say: Screw You Gardner Webb!!!
7. Do you remember Allison Stokke? If you don’t, let me remind you. She is the greatest pole vaulter in history. Or at least the most, lets say, photogenic, as shown from the pic above. Anyway, she has moved on to Cal and some new pics are coming out. To further prove her prettiness, Cal is trying to sell pictures of Stokke for 65 dollars. Why pay that when you can get some pics here.