Games to keep an eye out for this weekend:
Kentucky (72) at home against Arkansas
Creighton (71) at home against Oral Roberts
Wright St. (70) on the road against Illinois St. (Sunday)
Seton Hall (69) at home against Depaul
Temple (68) at home against Fordham
George Mason (67) in the road against Ohio (61)
NC State (66) on the road against Virginia (Sunday)
UAB (65) on the road against SMU
Virginia Tech (64) at home against Georgia Tech
Wake Forest (63) on the road against North Carolina (Sunday)
Maryland (62) on the road against Miami (FL)
VCU (60) on the road against Akron
1. John Pelphrey returns to Rupp Arena Saturday, and besides the fact that he brings in a really good team, UK fans should cheer him louder than any opposing coach since Kyle Macy. The Courier-Journal profiles Pelphrey’s return to his roots.
2. Jerry Tipton discusses the love-hate relationship between Billy Gillispie and his players. Can someone PLEASE tell Jerry to get off this Dusty Mills thing. Is Dusty his illegitimate son or something? Why does he feel so attached to this kid? MOVE ON!!!!
3. If you wanna learn more about Arkansas, take a look at this interview transcript with an Arkansas blogger. Some good info in this.
4. Larry Conley is saying that right now Kentucky has a better resume than Florida, and if the Cats can finish ahead of the Gators in the SEC East, they will either both get in or neither get in.
5. The Top 11 mullets in sports!! Enough said.
6. The Bassmaster fishing tournament starts today, and along with the X-Games, it is the most overhyped event on ESPN. Seriously, they are FISHING!!! After watching this preview though, I might just watch the see this guy named Skeet try and reel in some bass.