(picture via SportsByBrooks)
Good morning. Bryan The Intern has been suspended for a violation of team rules and will not return to his 10am time slot until Monday. In the meantime, we’re going to fill in for him with people who know how to spell and scored at least a 70% on their KSR grammar test. Enjoy.
– As we celebrate the start of what could be the last NBA season before a lockout, we might also be seeing the last of a couple of franchises. Reducing the number of teams in the league is a potential answer to financial issues and Magic Johnson endorsed the idea of NBA contraction earlier this week. This is where you would expect a tasteless joke about Magic Johnson being the NBA’s expert on contracting things. But you’re not going to get it.
– The World Series starts tomorrow and the heart of an entire country has been taken by “Uncle” Ron Washington. Familiarize yourself with Uncle Ron’s wisdom on the Ron Washington Drop Page, courtesy of 1310 The Ticket in Dallas.
– Blah, blah, blah, blah….Derrick Dooley compared Tennessee to the Germans in World War II. It seems the immediate reaction from the football world is that the comparison is fair and Dooley wasn’t out of line. However, I disagree. I don’t think the Germans would have needed overtime to beat UAB.
– This is sad. Evander Holyfield is training for a title shot. He likely won’t get it and, even better, won’t remember any of this nonsense after a short nap.
– Well, according to Brett Favre, those are his voicemails but that’s not his little gunslinger. None of that matters. What is important is that Charles Barkley and David Letterman talked Favre’s situation out on The Late Show.