There really are some fantastic teams on the UK campus right now outside of the 2nd ranked men’s basketball team. For instance:
–Men’s Tennis: 7-2 this season, 10th ranked nationally, wins over #16 Wake Forest, #2 Virginia, and #13 Illinois
–Softball: 3-2 this season, win over #5 Arizona St.
–Women’s Basketball: 21-4 this season, 16th ranked nationally, wins over #17 Vanderbilt and #19 Georgia
Add to that the Top 10 volleyball team from the fall and an expected really good baseball team, and you see that the athletic PROGRAM at UK is really cooking.
1) It turns out Rajon Rondo may still be an option for Team USA. The “public” statement is that Rondo didn’t know that Team USA was even interested in him. I find that hard to believe that neither party communicated to one another, but nonetheless, it seems we may see a 2nd UK product in the Olympics.
2) Canada is the ONLY country to host the Winter Olympics and not win a gold medal in those Olympics. Amazingly, they have done it twice. Note: They have already won a gold medal in this Olympics. They are also the only country to blow something as easy as lighting the torch. New slogan: “Canada, thank God America hasn’t invaded yet”.
3) Speaking of the Olympics, here is all the men need to know.
4) That’s just like a woman, you finally give her a good car to drive and she wrecks it. That’s Danica Patrick, breaking barriers for…well nobody. She is vice-president of the Michelle Wie Overrated Club.
5) The best highlight video ever made