BREAKING NEWS: Fidel Castro has stepped down as ruler of Cuba. Finally, everyone over 70 can relax and get out from their duck and cover positions. And your favorite baseball team can scoop up their favorite Cuban baseball players without fear of being shot.
1. Story in the Courier-Journal focused on the improving defense of Joe Crawford, especially important with Sundiata Gaines coming to Rupp tonight.
2. I mentioned this a couple weeks ago, but both the men’s and women’s basketball teams are in very similar positions, squarely on the bubble and sure to sweat out Selection Sunday. Well, it looks like Mark Story cant find his own stories, so he stole mine.
3. Its all in front of the Cats now. Every make or break game is at home the rest of the season, outside of South Carolina. UK has been unbeatable at home in SEC play, and they must keep that streak alive to keep their NCAA Tourney hopes alive also.
4. Latest Bracketology, only 4 SEC teams included (Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Mississippi St., and Arkansas). I will say it again: if the Cats beat Florida on Senior Day, they will have a win over both Vandy and UF, making it very difficult for the committee to leave UK out, IF they can finish as the #2 seed in the East.
5. Dont know how many of you are horse racing fans, but I would assume living in KY you have some type of interest. Winning Colors, the 1988 Derby winner, was put down yesterday. The horse was the last filly to win the race, and only the third all-time.
6. A funny video about a game of 3-on-3 basketball. At least that’s what it seems like. But, look closer. There may be a greater meaning.
7. In all the boringness that was NBA All-Star Weekend, Chris Paul actually broke a world record. I gotta be honest, give me enough practice, I could beat this record.