1) As boring as the last few years had been for the UK basketball team, they actually have a 9 game winning streak against Arkansas going right now. Only the current 11-game streak against Auburn is longer against SEC opponents. Take a look back at some recent UK game against the Hogs:
2009: UK 79, Hogs 63. Jodie Meeks goes for 45
2008: UK 63, Hogs 58. Bradley and Crawford both go for 18
2007: UK 82, Hogs 74. Bradley goes for 24
2006: UK 78, Hogs 76. Randolph Morris goes for 19
Point being, the last 4 years, the UK stars have really showed up for the Arkansas game. Will it be Wall, Cousins, or Patterson on Saturday?
2) My good buddy Rick Bozich writes about the Hall of Fame career of former UK coach Tubby Smith, including some kind words from several of his counterparts. We will never all agree on how Smith’s tenure should be regarded at UK, but the man has had one hell of a career, and belongs in the Hall of Fame. And people within the business agree, and those people are more qualified than you and I to make that judgment.
3) Tiger Woods has finally been spotted in a sex rehab clinic in Mississippi. And he has sorta grown a beard. Look, I hate Jim Rome with the passion of 1,000 suns, mostly because he thinks he is clever but nobody gets his show or thinks its funny, and its centered for the vastly stupid people. But nonetheless, he did make good point yesterday about what a cop-out sex rehab is. Because Tiger was irresponsible in his marriage, he can just go to “rehab” and call it a “disease”. Crack addiction is a disease, liking women alot is not. Again, those were Jim Rome’s words, not mine. But, I do agree.
4) Jets fans better cherish their AFC Championship game appearance this year, because it is likely that Coach Rex Ryan is due to have a life-ending heart attack in the near future. And I am not just saying that, take a look at the daily diet of Ryan. And keep in mind a man of his height is supposed to eat 2,500 calories a day. And then look at what Ryan eats. Roseanne and Rosie O’Donnell don’t each that much combined.
5) Gary Parrish is counting down his 10 best NCAA Tournament games of the decade, and he has gotten his 10th, 9th, and 8th games out of the way. I don’t see any way that the Kentucky-Michigan St. game doesn’t make the list. So far here is what Parrish has put out:
6) Yesterday I mentioned that my girlfriend, pro tennis player Caroline Wozniacki, had made it to the 3rd round of the Australian Open. I was wrong then, but she now has officially made it after beating some chick named George this morning. She now faces another girl named Pierre or something. Again, I am not really a good boyfriend.
7) I got this very cool video from a loyal reader, Aaron, and he says these 4 Cats fans are doing the John Wall dance on the top of Ngauruhoe, an active volcano in New Zealand. Now, I would normally question the reason why you would go to the top of an active volcano, but since they did the dance, I will instead say what awesome fans they are.