On December 3rd, 2007, Ozzy Osbourne turned 59 years old, Brendan Fraser turned 39, and Joseph Conrad turned 150. But, I think when the history books write about that date, they will mostly write about the start of an incredible era, the BTI KSR era. That’s right, I started writing for this site exactly two years ago today. This is my 463rd edition of the Picks to Click, which is about 450 more than Matt really had to give me. And while I do see retirement in my future, it will not come in the near future. Let’s just say I will at least make it to 500, and we will go from there.
I do want to say that I understand that I play the black sheep role here at KSR, but the experiences I have gained during my time have been fantastic. I have never ONCE regretted writing for this site due to criticism. I have done things and met people that I never would have had the opportunity to do if Matt had not asked me to begin linking things while we watched a UL-Rutgers game at Longheads Bar. And no matter your opinion of my opinions and writing style, the simple fact that many people react at all to what I write still blows my mind, and I consider a compliment.
The fact that I was actually recognized in public recently is both fascinating and creepy, as somebody came up to me and asked if I was BTI, which as confusing as this may seem, is not my real name. And in some sort of sick way, I got a kick out of somebody emailing me that if I came to Rupp Arena, I would not make it back home alive. But all joking aside, I want to take the chance to thank both Matt for allowing me to write on this site, and the UK fanbase, which has exploded this site to levels nobody expected. Now, take the time to read below and then get really, really, angry.
1) It looks like UL is going to make a strong push to try and get Charlie Strong, Florida defensive coordinator. I gotta be honest, Strong would be a huge hire. Not only is he a star coordinator, but he clearly has some recuriting ties in Florida. If he is hired, the rivalry would become heated again.
2) I go back and forth on Ron Artest all the time. I think he is a poor man’s Charles Barkley. But, I am really starting to hate the guy again. He not only is admitting he used to drinkHennessy during halftime of Bulls games, he also says the Palace Brawl “was not my fault…I don’t know what else I could have done.” That’s like saying Christian Laettner could not have done anything else but stomp on Aminu Timberlake’s chest.
3) Is anyone else annoyed at all the half-assed apologies that celebrities give when they screw up. Tiger Woods joined the club yesterday, after sorta, kinda admitting he had at least one affair. Which brings me to the question: HOW IN THE HELL COULD YOU CHEAT ON THAT WOMAN???? Here is a list of things that woman could do to me:
-Hit me in the face with a 9-iron everyday
-Raise the kids without any help from her
-Allow her to fart in my face once an hour
-Collect her fingernail clippings
-Basically anything else imaginable
4) The entire Tiger Woods car accident is computer animation and Chinese subtitles and moderator. If you don’t know what in the hell is going on, just ask Ladou.
5) The Tim Tebow School of Life