Daily RPI Report: 87 (Vandy’s RPI: 11)
1. I love this website because it breaks down every UK game in more statistical categories than I thought existed. Notes from these charts about the Vandy game: UK shoots the ball way better than Vandy, but Vandy turns the ball over less, and passes it better. If UK can keep its turnovers down, I say they win this game. If they turn it over 15 or more times, mark it down for a L.
2. I second Matt in saying when you look at UK’s remaining schedule, they SHOULD be able to make the NCAA Tournament. But, this team has yet to dominate any SEC game, and I worry one of these close games will come back and bite them (i.e. LSU). That being said, I think the more important note is that if UK finishes second in the SEC East, I find it hard to believe that the Tournament Committee would put Vandy and/or Florida in the tourney but not UK. Coach Gillispie clearly is not letting the Cats look ahead anyway past the Vandy game tonight.
3. Story about Billy Gillispie’s first jaunt into the wierdness that is Memorial Gym. Although, I doubt Gillispie will score any points or grab any rebounds tonight. The guy I am worried about is Patrick Patterson, who is the only UK player of note to never have played at Memorial.
4. It appears Virginia has started recruiting Wesley Witherspoon.
6. There are very few personalities that get more differing opinions than Chris Berman. Some people love him, most people hate him. But after this group of videos that have recently some out, its hard to not think he is one of the bigger tools alive. One thing we do know is that Chris clearly loves himself some Chris. Scroll down under the first video to see the other 4 videos.
7. For those of you with a few years on you, these commercials may humor you. Here are some old school commercials with some old school athletes.