DEBATE OF THE DAY: SHOULD GROWN MEN WEAR GLOVES TO BASEBALL GAMES?
1. St. Xavier (9-1): WON against Covington Catholic 63-7
2. Trinity (6-4): WON against Lexington Catholic 14-13
3. Simon Kenton (9-1): WON against Scott 50-0
4. Ballard (7-3): WON against Western 11-2
5. Manual (4-6): LOST against Male 27-14
1. Highlands (10-0): WON against Ryle 31-14
2. John Hardin (10-0): WON against Central Hardin 51-14
3. Bowling Green (8-2): WON against Barren County 49-0
4. Christian County (6-4): LOST against Boyle County 21-0
5. Owensboro (8-2): WON against Henderson County 17-14
1. Boyle County (10-0): WON against Christian County 21-0
2. Bell County (9-1): WON against Harlan County 41-14
3. Lone Oak (9-0)
4. Lexington Catholic (6-4): LOST against Trinity 14-13
5. Allen County-Scottsville (10-0): WON against Monroe County 7-0
1. Mason County (10-0): WON against Greenup County 47-14
2. Somerset (10-0): IDLE
3. Belfry (7-3): LOST against Johnson Central 35-19
4. Central (5-5): WON against Pleasure Ridge Park 18-0
5. Breathitt County (5-5): IDLE
1. Fort Campbell (10-0): WON against Hopkinsville 44-7 (Have outscored 10 opponents 543-67)
2. Prestonsburg (10-0): WON against Pike County Central 46-20
3. Corbin (8-2): LOST against Lexington Christian 41-21
4. Murray (10-0): WON against Crittenden County 24-7
5. Green County (7-3): LOST against Marion County 48-14
1. Lexington Christian (9-1): WON against Corbin 41-21
2. Mayfield (9-1): LOST against Caldwell County 14-10
3. Beechwood (6-4): LOST against Newport Central Catholic 26-22
4. Frankfort (7-3): LOST against Danville 22-9
5. Hazard (6-4): LOST against Clay County 34-28
1) Sometimes when you actually study the AP poll, you see that there are many people in that profession who are morons. John Clay is the Kentucky voter, and he is NOT a moron. He has a fairly solid ballot. He does have LSU higher (4th) than ANY other voter, and he has TCU (12th) lower than ANY other voter. But, all in all, its solid. But, then you look at guys like Mike Hlas, who puts TEMPLE in the Top 25. And then there is Ray Ratto, who writes for the paper in the craziest city in America, San Francisco. Don’t believe me? He put RICHMOND, a 1-AA team, in his Top 25. RICHMOND!!!! Who’s to say he can’t put them #1 in next week’s poll. Basic point: time for a playoff.
2) Could Oregon be one of the two best teams in the country? After watching what they did to USC this weekend, I am starting to think so. And now it looks like Boise St. may jump back ahead of TCU in the non-BCS team buster. Hell, I say let them both in the BCS and then match them up. That would be cool, in my opinion.
3) I haven’t posted a good “emo biker dude breaking his face” video is a long time. So, to make up for this delay, I give you two people breaking their faces at once. Because nothing says “good idea” like riding on the back of a bike with a shirtless guy over a ramp. Sorry, those people get what they deserve.
4) Check out this excerpt from Tim Donaghy’s book. If you don’t remember, he is the ref who admitted to betting on games he officiated. In this particular account, Donaghy and his fellow refs placed a bet on who would be the last to call a foul, thus leading to them calling NO FOULS for the first 9 minutes of a game.
5) Tragic, or maybe not so tragic, news out of Los Angeles this weekend