1. Lexington Christian: WON over Breathitt County 63-21
2. Mayfield: WON over Graves County 28-13
3. Crittenden County: WON over Webster County 49-8
4. Beechwood: LOST to Covington Catholic 43-14
5. Hazard: WON over Williamsburg 63-8
1. Fort Campbell: WON over Paducah Tilghman 53-7
2. Corbin: WON over South Laurel 21-0
3. Prestonsburg: WON over Pikeville 56-7
4. Murray: WON over Ballard Memorial 59-40
5. DeSales: LOST to Seneca 34-26
1. Mason County: WON over Rowan County 28-26
2. Somerset: WON over Estill County 27-14
3. Central: LOST to Manual 45-28
4. Sheldon Clark: WON over Fairland (OH) 47-21
5. Henry County: LOST to Anderson County 42-7
1. Boyle County: WON over Mercer County 49-0
2. Bell County: IDLE
3. Lone Oak: WON over Caldwell County 56-19
4. Allen County-Scottsville: WON over Greenwood 15-12
5. Lexington Catholic: WON over Madison Central 42-14
1. Highlands: WON over Boone County 36-14
2. Bowling Green: WON over Owensboro 26-21
3. Owensboro: LOST to Bowling Green 26-21
4. John Hardin: WON over Nelson County 35-7
5. Ashland Blazer: WON over Ironton (OH) 26-12
1. Male: LOST to St. Xavier 62-21
2. St. Xavier: WON over Male 62-21
3. Henry Clay: WON over Simon Kenton 42-31
4. Trinity: LOST to Cinci St. Xavier 43-13
5. Simon Kenton: LOST to Henry Clay 42-31
-SEC Scores from the weekend
Alabama 53, North Texas 7
Florida 23, Tennessee 13
Mississippi 52, SE Louisiana 6
LSU 31, Louisiana-Lafayette 3
Georgia 52, Arkansas 41
Mississippi St. 15, Vanderbilt 3
South Carolina 38, Florida Atlantic 16
Auburn 41, West Virginia 30
-Every week, the blog “Awful Announcing” will put some of the more ridiculous/innuendo statements from announcers during college football games. Here are this week’s. But, I think we can all agree that the guys from the UK-UL game were absolutely TERRIBLE. Several notes:
1) They cut away to commercial BEFORE the extra point on a touchdown. Admittedly not the announcers fault, but still…come on.
2) After Derrick Locke’s 100-yard kickoff return, the announcers noted that was the longest kickoff return in UK history, to which the other guy also noted that was Locke’s second 100-yard kickoff of his career. And yet, neither guy understood they had just contradicted one another.
3)The man’s name is Moncell ALLEN, not Moncell ADAMS.
4)The color announcer (David Diaz-Infante) looked waaaaayyyy too much like Dick Butkus for my liking.
5)The obvious missing of a possible “Guy on Guy” joke, that Macon_Volfan noted during the live blog. This is why the KSR crew should be allowed to broadcast all games, because those things will not be missed.
6) Also, I felt the guys should have been eating brownies and meatballs the entire show, as much as they showed those sticking commercials. I miss Billy Mays.
-I really, really hate Michael Crabtree. Like, I hope he NEVER plays in the NFL. I hope he fades into obscurity like Pac-Man Jones. Now, there are reports that the Jets tampered with Crabtreeduring his contract negotiations with the 49ers. My question is: why would you want Crabtree? All he has been is a headache BEFORE HE HAS EVER CAUGHT A PASS. At least Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson had a couple TD’s on their record before they became prima donnas.
-WARNING, POLITICAL POST!!!!!!:Here is something that has intrigued me. Linda Mcmahon, the former CEO of WWE Wrestling, has now decided to run for the US Senate in Connecticut. And while on the surface, it seems ridiculous, you realize how terrible our politicians are doing anyway. So, here is my thought: VOTE OUT EVERY SINGLE INCUMBENT FROM BOTH PARTIES. Completely start anew. And it starts with Linda McMahon. So, in conclusion, Linda McMahon is the modern day JFK.
-I understand this is a week late, but if you haven’t figured it out yet, that’s kinda my style. And you get to hear Gus Johnson being Gus Johnson again. And also see the greatest sports game invented, TECMO Bowl.