The week that was in high school football in Kentucky:
1. Lexington Christian: BEAT Lynn Camp 57-14
2. Mayfield: BEAT Paducah Tilghman 21-12
3. Frankfort: LOST to Spencer County 31-27
4. Beechwood: LOST to Highlands 48-20
5. Hazard: LOST to Letcher County Central 35-21
1. Fort Campbell: BEAT Pearl Cohn (TN) 36-13
2. Corbin: BEAT Danville 31-14
3. Prestonsburg: BEAT Breathitt County 26-25
4. Green County: BEAT Butler County 41-7
5. Danville: LOST to Corbin 31-14
1. Mason County: OFF
2. Sheldon Clark: LOST to Lawrence County 36-30
3. Russell: LOST to Ironton (OH) 45-0
4. Central: BEAT Ballard 32-29
5. Breathitt County: LOST to Prestonburg 26-25
1. Boyle County: BEAT Pikeville 63-7
2. Lexington Catholic: LOST to St. Xavier 49-6
3. Bullitt East: LOST to Desales 45-30
4. Bell County: BEAT Johnson Central 36-6
5. Allen County-Scottsville: BEAT Mclean County 56-20
1. Highlands: BEAT Beechwood 48-20
2. Bowling Green: BEAT Franklin-Simpson 51-9
3. Owensboro: BEAT Owensboro Catholic 48-20
4. John Hardin: BEAT Meade County 22-17
5. Letcher County Central: BEAT Hazard 35-21
1. St. Xavier: BEAT Lexington Catholic 49-6
2. Male: BEAT Western 49-34
3. Trinity: BEAT Manual 27-0
4. Henry Clay: BEAT Southwestern 42-7
5. Simon Kenton: Dixie Heights 49-28
Interesting stat of the week: In games matching Division 1-A opponents, the biggest blowouts of Week 1 of college football:
56 points: Tennessee over Western Kentucky
53 points: USC over San Jose St.
46 points: Nebraska over Florida Atlantic
42 points: Kentucky over Miami (OH)
Pretty good company the Cats were in this weekend. Also of note: The only two teams to shutout their Division 1-A opponent this weekend were KENTUCKY and NOTRE DAME.
-If you want to have some fun and also realize how the steroid era of baseball looks, take this quiz about the top HR hitters of the 1990’s. Just count how many of those guys are suspected/confirmed to have used roids.
-Normally if I said lacrosse and Canada, it is a natural reaction to fall asleep. Most things in Canada make you fall asleep, namely John Tesh. But, in what has to be a minor miracle, there was a spectacular lacrosse fight recently. Who knew that lacrosse and hockey are basically the same thing. Except for the missing teeth.
-SOCCER NEWS: The US of A has ALMOST clinched a spot in the World Cup, after beating El Salvador 2-1 in Vegas (Sandy, Utah), baby. Here is a question for you soccer weirdos: Why do soccer players do really bad dances and celebrations after scoring. I’m sorry, but watching a white boy from Wisconsin do the “salsa” after scoring a goal is weird.
Here are some guys with alot of time on their hands at summer camp. And who still goes to summer camp anyway? What is this, 1957?