Quick Recap of this weekend in high school football from the Top 5 teams in each class (according to the AP Poll)
1. St. Xavier: WON over Ballard 35-6
2. Trinity: LOST to Lawrence North (IN) 31-14
3. Male: WON over Eastern 41-18
4. Henry Clay: WON over Central 34-21
5. Eastern: LOST to Male 41-18
1. Highlands: WON over Ryle 37-14
2. Bowling Green: WON over Owensboro Catholic 45-6
3. Owensboro: WON over Evansville Reitz 23-15
4. John Hardin: WON over Madison Central 41-17
5. Christian County: LOST to Franklin (TN) 31-13
1. Boyle County: WON over Rockcastle County 42-22
2. Lexington Catholic: WON over Covington Catholic 23-17
3. Bell County: WON over Marion County 26-21
4. Bullitt East: WON over Louisville Holy Cross 41-14
5. Allen County-Scottsville: DID NOT PLAY
1. Breathitt County: LOST to Sheldon Clark 6-0
2. Central: LOST to Henry Clay 34-21
3. Mason County: WON over Montgomery County 35-14
4. Russell: WON over Russell County 37-0
5. Belfry: WON over Boyd County 28-14
1. Fort Campbell: WON over Kenwood (TN) 57-0
2. Corbin: WON over Harlan 42-16
3. DeSales: LOST to Central Hardin 27-24
4. Prestonsburg: WON over Paintsville 49-0
5. Newport Central Catholic: LOST to Simon Kenton 29-8
1. Beechwood: LOST to Dixie Heights 47-7
2. Lexington Christian: WON over Christ Presbyterian (TN) 28-27
3. Frankfort: WON over Paris 52-0
4. Mayfield: WON over Trousdale County (TN) 48-40
5. Raceland: LOST to Ashland Blazer 31-0
REMEMBER: YOU NEED TO START FILLING OUT YOUR PICKS FOR THE KSR COLLEGE AND PRO PICKEM GAMES, AS WELL AS THE NFL SURVIVAL LEAGUES WE CREATED. IN THE CASE OF THE SURVIVAL GAME, IF YOU MISS A WEEK, YOU ARE ELIMINATED. IT IS ALSO UNLIKELY YOU WOULD WIN EITHER OF THE OTHER TWO GAMES IF YOU MISS A WEEK.
-The trial of Jason Stinson begins today. If you forgot, Stinson is the former football coach at PRP who is being charged with reckless homicide after one of his players died of a heat-realted injury last season. As this article points out in the Courier-Journal, it appears that it will be difficult to convict Stinson.
-Alex Smith is really not a good NFL quarterback. But he is one hell of a blocker.
–Kenny Chesney is going to write the song for ESPN’s College Gameday. And people around the world make the bitter beer face in unison.
-Here was the top story on this weekend’s “Outside the Lines”. It involves the massive amount of hiring of search committees to find college coaches, especially in football. But, a key portion of the story is the hiring of Billy Gillispie, as found by a search committee, and how these things can often go wrong.