1. For those of you who don’t live in Louisville and surrounding area, and may not have heard, Churchill Downs has begun night racing on Friday nights. Last Friday got an attendance of 28,011, as opposed to the average 5,000 for that day. Unfortunatly, nearly everyone who was there argreed that it was poorly executed by the track, but a wonderful idea nonetheless.
2. So instead of having one of the top 5 sports stories of the year, if Phil Mickleson or David Duval won, instead we got what has to be the most BORING U.S. Open champ ever. Yes, more boring than Tom Kite or Steve Jones.
3. Lets take some time and look at the Sports Fans you Love to Love.
4. Fast forward to the 1-minute mark of this video, as look out for 2 things: First, Boomer Esiason really wanting to see Mark Sanchez’s chest. The second is Jets fans should worry if thats how Sanchez is gonna throw the ball.
5. Not sure if anyone has noticed, but Albert Pujols is lining himself up with a shot for a Triple Crown this season. He is currently leading in HR and RBI, and is 9th in average, but just 9-percentage points from second.
6. A soccer move makes for an AMAZING basketball shot.
7. William and Mary is looking for a new school mascot! They used to have an indian, and thats offensive (or so I have been told by Beisner), so now they are looking for something new. One idea that is being considered and pushed for by students: the ASPARAGUS! Lets all become William and Mary fans for the day and push for the Asparagus.