Turd Burglar TheBigBooyah
1. After attending the Spring Game last weekend, I have officially entered football mode, and thus have already begun looking ahead to 2010 recruiting, because that is just how Kentucky fans do it. Keep a look out for these guys who have UK’s interest in the Class of 2010. All info courtesy of scout.com:
Ronnie Vinson- ****S (New Orleans, LA, 18th ranked safety)
Alfy Hill- ****DE (Shallotte, NC, 23rd ranked defensive end)
Tim Patterson- ****DE (Louisville, KY, 24th ranked defensive end)
Dyjuan Lewis- ****WR (Indianapolis, IN, 28th ranked wide receiver)
O.C. Brown- ***OG (Memphis, TN, 7th ranked offensive guard)
Isiah Lewis- ***S (Indianapolis, IN, 24th ranked safety)
C.J. Olaniyan- ***DE (Warren, MI, 25th ranked defensive end)
Miles Simpson- ***RB (Independance, KY, 27th ranked running back)
Jibreel Black- ***DT (Wyoming, OH, 39th ranked defensive tackle)
Derrick Bryant- ***DE (Columbus, OH, 54th ranked defensive end)
Stephan Robinson- ***WR (Louisville, KY, 65th ranked wide receiver)
Robert Johnson- ***WR (Hattiesburg, MS, 79th ranked wide receiver)
2. Is Rajon Rondo playing out of his mind or what? If you had to announce the playoff MVP so far, I would say it should go to Rondo. Look at his 5 games so far in the series against Chicago:
Game 1: 29 pts, 9 rbs, 7 ast, 2 stl
Game 2: 19 pts, 12 rbs, 16 ast, 5 stl
Game 3: 20 pts, 11 rbs, 6 ast, 5 stl
Game 4: 25 pts, 11 rbs, 11 ast, 2 stl
Game 5: 28 pts, 8 rbs, 11 ast, 2stl
Averages: 24.2 pts, 10.2 rbs, 10.2 ast, 3.2 stl
Folks, those are ridiculous numbers, makes Lebron James jealous. I really think at the end of it all, Rondo will be the greatest UK pro ever. I had my doubts on if he would be successful on a team that didn’t have 3 Hall of Famers. I now think he could.
3. Andy Katz has put out his updated Top 25 after several players have gone off to mediocre NBA careers. Kentucky still falls into his “others being considered” category, with Meeks and Patterson still in the draft. But, Katz does admit that if BOTH come back, this is a Top 10 team, and says that if a “certain point guard” comes to Lexington, he leaves it unsaid.
4. Bob Knight thinks that winning 900 fu**in games gave him the right to throw a chair one fu**in time. His words, not mine. He also uses the imfamous phrase “you people” when describing the Dutch or reporters. Either way, the term “you people”, can only get you in trouble.
5. Two very interesting points from this post spring Top 25 released on cnnsi.com.
a. Florida is tabbed as #1 obviously, but their spring star is none other than center Sam Robey, son of Rick Robey. Looks like he may be the starter for the Gators, making it more difficult he left Lexington.
b. East Carolina, preseason #17, has their spring star in running back Brandon Jackson, a UK transfer.